Halo 4 MLG Pro Tips.

AnimalDenWinter

• 2 weeks later...

Throw a grenade and aim for the head.

Also crouching while you jump doesn't make it harder for me to headshot you, you just look like a complete idiot!

Crouch jumping does make you harder to hit.

Looks like I won't ever be taking your advice if you don't know a simple trick from Halo 2 :P

Thanks for the tips, i'm trying to become an MLG but so far my score sucks i'v played 8 days total beat every thing on legendary with two skulls on but my matchmaking is only 7041 kills and 6825 deaths not good enough for MLG but good enough to beet my friends.

In all honesty K/D ratio has little to no effect on being an MLG Player. Sure you need to know how to kill effectively and win engagements, but you typically see Semi-Pro and Pro Halo Teams have a balanced kill amount across the scoreboard and generally try to be at a +1 K/D or barely above +1. You will very rarely if ever be able to totally stomp a relatively equally matched team, so you shouldn't be expecting a 26-5 or 22-10. Kills in general do matter though, because it is absolutely essential in Objective game types that you are able to fulfill your role on the team and carry your own weight by killing enemies at certain choke points and other areas so your Objective player can do his job. An example of this in Team Slayer

An example of CTF

Even though both examples are from Halo 3, these fundamentals still transition to the more recent games like Reach and Halo 4.

In all honesty K/D ratio has little to no effect on being an MLG Player. 

Matchmaking KDR does. Keep in mind he said Matchmaking kill death ratio - that means he isn't playing against all the MLG Pro players, but a large range of players. Factor in the fact that, as Mr. Biggles said, MLG in Halo isn't really that big anymore and the number of good players in general population has most probably decreased over time, you'll realize it does make a big effect.

Matchmaking KDR does. Keep in mind he said Matchmaking kill death ratio - that means he isn't playing against all the MLG Pro players, but a large range of players. Factor in the fact that, as Mr. Biggles said, MLG in Halo isn't really that big anymore and the number of good players in general population has most probably decreased over time, you'll realize it does make a big effect.

Matchmaking K/D makes no difference.

Its what you offer to the team and how you do it.

One of my friends who plays objective has a poor K/D, but he's still one of the best objective players i know and back in the day could of easily one pro.

• Like 1

Not trying to sound like a killjoy, but halo isn't really big anymore, or as big it was, so to go competitive/MLG in it now is very difficult, since it doesn't have the fanbase it once had. Its all about League/Sc2/CoD

Not trying to ruin it for you, but im just saying.

You have a point.

Halo isn't as big as it used to be, it was all about Halo 3 and CoD4 back in the day but for the past say 2 or 3 years. I think MLG has just lost its spark for me personally, I liked to play in teams and ultimately play to win but also to have fun. MLG and Halo 3 just gave off a feeling I can't really describe because I'm useless at describing feelings, but anyway, it's not the same as it used to be. Back then getting into MLG wasn't as difficult as it is today. If you were saying this back when Halo 2 came out, then there would be a greater chance you'd be playing in the MLG but, as of now it's on a completely new level. When you start believing that MLG is what you want, you have to sacrifice a lot. Playing game 14 hours a day is just crazy and it's not in the slightest good for you, well if you do it everyday for weeks and weeks anyway. At the end of the day it's pointless, I think when people see how much the Pro Gamers get paid, they themselves want some of the action and the money, but the sacrifice you have to make is just draining and it takes complete dedication. I mean if you're willing to do what it takes then by all means, if it's your dream to be in an MLG team and finally compete with the pro's then by all means good luck but you should really have a long think about it before making a decision. Anyway, that's just my little review on it. ^_^

You have a point.

Halo isn't as big as it used to be, it was all about Halo 3 and CoD4 back in the day but for the past say 2 or 3 years. I think MLG has just lost its spark for me personally, I liked to play in teams and ultimately play to win but also to have fun. MLG and Halo 3 just gave off a feeling I can't really describe because I'm useless at describing feelings, but anyway, it's not the same as it used to be. Back then getting into MLG wasn't as difficult as it is today. If you were saying this back when Halo 2 came out, then there would be a greater chance you'd be playing in the MLG but, as of now it's on a completely new level. When you start believing that MLG is what you want, you have to sacrifice a lot. Playing game 14 hours a day is just crazy and it's not in the slightest good for you, well if you do it everyday for weeks and weeks anyway. At the end of the day it's pointless, I think when people see how much the Pro Gamers get paid, they themselves want some of the action and the money, but the sacrifice you have to make is just draining and it takes complete dedication. I mean if you're willing to do what it takes then by all means, if it's your dream to be in an MLG team and finally compete with the pro's then by all means good luck but you should really have a long think about it before making a decision. Anyway, that's just my little review on it. ^_^

MLG and the pro scene is now about 10 year olds really and their twitter arguments.

League is probably the most mature of the lot, and that's saying something.

YES, it DOES.

First of, lets utterly ignore the existence of Team Slayer for now. Lets say every single game is a objective based game and k/d is a recorded stat.

Your team wins with a lot more captures, scores, etc. Why? Because the people who dedicated themselves to slaying and killing and harassing and utterly destroying and preventing the other team from attacking, defending, and doing everything in general are doing good. They get a good k/d, they are a good team player. Almost certainly in a game where somebody got a high k/d, take that player out and the game will almost always heavily change.

Next, lets take into context Team Slayer. A majorly played gametype in MLG and other tournaments and leagues due to the pure basics. A high k/d means you are doing good. It means you're being a good team player. Again, take out the high k/d player and the game will become much closer, if not downright switching winner and loser.

Now, moving on the the next subject - a rebuttal to the argument of "I don't get high k/d because I am always X-ing or Y-ing for the team"

1. Take you out of that objective, you will be a thorn in your team's side.

2. Good killers on the other team, all you will do is die. You won't be helping out at all.

3. You will be feeding the other team and giving them ordnance in certain modes. 

4. 1 dead player on your team is a big impact. 2v2? Half the team is gone. 3v3? A third. 4v4? A quarter. Especially harmful considering maps are scaled to players almost all the time. You are losing map control for your team, and it is a negative.

5. Say you're supporting your teammate. You can't kill anyone but they can. Your enemy team, especially in MLG, will know this after the first few scuffles. You will die immediately because that is all you can and will be doing, and your teammate is suddenly 1 support down. He will die, and much of the blame will be on you.

Now, further take in the fact that matchmaking and MLG are very different. Your overall average k/d is negative against a whole bunch of players who are NOT mlg? You won't survive in MLG. MLG pro players are amazing - there's an embarrassing video out there of a team of Pro players against a bunch of randoms who were in the MLG playlit. Said randoms were really good players, who would no doubt dominate in the average MM game. Put them in MLG, and the pro's could only have fun by dying until they were -45 before making an easy comeback.

Yes, k/d can have many negative factors that don't make it accurate, but saying that how well you perform from a k/d perspective each game doesn't matter is stupid considering this game is about shooting enemies in the face.

KD means nothing in Halo because Halo is a Team game for example you have 2 guys in a warthog one of them in the turret racking up all the kills and the other I just driving around ...

In COD you can own a entire match as it is very much a lone wolf game but Halo is very Team based and so KD does not really matter for that reason. :)

KD means nothing in Halo because Halo is a Team game for example you have 2 guys in a warthog one of them in the turret racking up all the kills and the other I just driving around ...

In COD you can own a entire match as it is very much a lone wolf game but Halo is very Team based and so KD does not really matter for that reason. :)

Well, in MLG/ALG vehicles are not used. 

But, to comment some more on your reply, what if the vehicle gets destroyed? Will you be able to defend yourself and kill the enemy? I see what you are saying, but I would think K/D does matter to an extent. ;)

Another example about KD is this...

2 players are working in a Team one has the power weapon and the other on a ledge supports him so as you can see the main slayer is ding the killing and the guy up top is just helping him from a distance KD matters to a extent but not really a lot it matters more in COD. :)

2 players are working in a Team one has the power weapon and the other on a ledge supports him so as you can see the main slayer is ding the killing and the guy up top is just helping him from a distance KD matters to a extent but not really a lot it matters more in COD. :)

It doesn't even matter in CoD.

It genuinely is all about teamwork.

• Like 1

How did the player with the power weapon get it? By killing/pushing back enemies, gaining map control, etc. How did the player on the ledge get map control? Same. If all they can do is die they can't play for their team.

As for CoD, no. Teamwork matters in CoD, as much as it does in any other game. It's just that it's a bit easier to carry in CoD because do well and you get rewarded well with killstreaks and whatnot. Get into a competitive game, it's still a team game.

My point is KD does not matter on Halo JL because Halo is very team based Halo 3 or Halo 2 to really wreck is you needed good Team work and skill

In Cod KD matters a lot because really Cod is not Team based at all you can wreck a match by yourself.

My source : Myself and people I know who used to play Cod then went to Halo. :)

My point is KD does not matter on Halo JL because Halo is very team based Halo 3 or Halo 2 to really wreck is you needed good Team work and skill

In Cod KD matters a lot because really Cod is not Team based at all you can wreck a match by yourself.

My source : Myself and people I know who used to play Cod then went to Halo. :)

No.

K/D matters in Halo because if you die you are not helping your team, but if you kill a lot you are.

In CoD, Teamwork matters because....well, it's a team based game. >_>

Source: The fact that I play both CoD and Halo, and in both games the trend is high k/d players get higher scores and contribute to the team more.

TL;DR - K/D is a factor of teamwork, therefore saying teamwork matters, not K/D, is kind of silly.

• 3 weeks later...

No.

K/D matters in Halo because if you die you are not helping your team, but if you kill a lot you are.

In CoD, Teamwork matters because....well, it's a team based game. >_>

Source: The fact that I play both CoD and Halo, and in both games the trend is high k/d players get higher scores and contribute to the team more.

TL;DR - K/D is a factor of teamwork, therefore saying teamwork matters, not K/D, is kind of silly.

So if you sit back with the sniper but still get kills, you contribute to the teamwork and them getting kills too? Not really, as you're not playing an active role in your team.

K/D means nothing, its all about positioning and map control and that comes with teamwork.

So if you sit back with the sniper but still get kills, you contribute to the teamwork and them getting kills too? Not really, as you're not playing an active role in your team.

K/D means nothing, its all about positioning and map control and that comes with teamwork.

Except you are playing an active role in your team.....your sniping is helping your team set up in, well, positioning and map control, and your ability to kill is forcing the enemy back and preventing them from doing anything for advancing.

To say that k/d means nothing is fairly stupid of a point - just visualize it. One team is great at positioning, callouts, teamwork, etc. while the other team is simply better at killing everyone, alone or in a team. 

Here's what's gonna happen: The good positioning team is gonna 'get in position', then the team that is better at killing is going to simply kill them. 

No matter how good your positioning, movement, and teamwork is, if all you're gonna do is give the enemy team a free kill, map control, and lose your team a player for X amount of seconds, you are not being a good team player. Words are not going to stop your enemies from getting past you to their objective; the ability to fight back is. Sure, you could be a team player, but a team player who can only die in every combat encounter is a bad team player.