destiny to maybe have microtransactions

Caboose The Ace

2 members have voted

1. 1. how would u feel about microtrastions in the game

• yes
    • no

Before this came out, it was thought that Destiny would be subscription based. In the long run, a $60 selling point didn't seem like it would cut it for Bungie making any profit, based on what appears to be such an incredible scope to the game. So to counter that and help make Bungie a profit, it was thought that the game might go to a subscription based service, similar to WoW or other MMORPG's. It would be easy enough, but eventually it was announced the game is not subscription based, YIPPEE! Although, another way to make a profit is the microtransaction, trading money for power. So, would you be happy with that, because a person with a lot of money is most likely going to be more powerful than someone without

Edited by Caboose the Ace

Um dude no offense, but I have no idea what your trying to say in this... Can you explain?

a long read right

the short version is

bungie may have microtrastions in destiny i also edited to oringal one for easier reading

Edited by Caboose the Ace

Well, now that it is possible to read, no, it wouldn't make sense to have micro-transactions. Micro-transactions are used by free to play games as a way to make money by selling side grade items and xp bonuses. Also, what you are referring to is called 'pay to win' and it doesn't normally work because it makes a large percentage of the player base stop playing the game because without spending more of their own money they can't compete. 

The only thing I see them having along those lines is maybe the ability to purchase cosmetics, but even that wouldn't work correctly because of the xbox 360s horrendous point package system. 

Microtransactions in sixty-dollar games are gross, plain and simple. Mass Effect 3 was ok, because you were all working on the same team and it only BENEFITTED players, you were never dominating other players. I still didn't like it, but I accepted it. 

Dead Space 3 was kinda gross. You could pay to get more resources in addition to having to pay for extra bots and to decrease the time it took to find resources and such. On that same level, it's a single-player (or co-op) game, so it's not a huge deal. If someone wants to buy their way through the game and ruin their experience, go for it. 

But the moment you can pay for BETTER equipment and more powerful weapons in order to DOMINATE other people, it's too much. I really hope that Bungie isn't the company who royally screws this up.