Do you enjoy the Nerfed Boltshot?

Pbrabbit

Agreed. That is my biggest problem with the Boltshot. It shouldn't be in your loadout. 

I will use it though. If it's getting used on me I am going to use it back.  

I like that little dark side of you. "If it's getting used on me I am going to use it back."

BoltShot is cool when you are trying to punish AR/Surpressor bumrushers. However, it tends to get out of hand. I will see people using ONLY the BS. Like, people trying to use it on me when they are bottom center of Haven and I am happily BRing them from the edge of the map while they try to hopelessly charge at me with it. Like, what are they trying to accomplish?

Honestly the Boltshot needs to be removed from load outs completely. I've seen people tailor load outs specifically so they can use the Boltshot as a nearly unbeatable primary weapon. If that isn't abuse at its finest I don't know what is.

Agreed, I can also think of one more loadout weapon that should be removed.

HOLY $*%T i had no idea they nerfed it on the count of me swapping to my bolt shot and blasting my friend in regecide from a deep distance...oh and someone also of course did the same to me as well...(this playing on the majestic map pack) even if the distance is reduce the distance is still powerful enough to remove your shields then what is the purpose of the plasma pistol in none vehicle games I still believe the charge time and noise should be amp if its going to be a starting weapon.

Halo 4 is a faster, deadlier game. The BS had it's place, and it still does. A Boltshot spawn in H3 or Reach is one thing. In H4, it is not out of place. I'm a little neutral on the nerf. I think it's fine both ways. It was the best way to nerf it though. A charge up force fire nerf would be far too strong, it would make the weapon random and unreliable at what its supposed to do. A power nerf so it couldn't oneshot would make it almost useless. The range nerf is fine, but it was also fine before.

TBH though, part of me feels a cooldown nerf instead could be good. One of the problems with the BS is not necessarily just its killing power, but the fact that the whole "If you shoot and they're still alive ur dead" argument is flawed. The BS can break your shields, and be swapped out for a rifle almost instantly. 

Hmph, I must be the only one who has noticed a difference. First of all, at its current state, the boltshot is too weak to be placed out of normal loadouts. The boltshot problem now lies with the killed, not the gun itself. The boltshot is now a punisher. Why it wasn't a punisher before was because people would be in that range any way  

in tight quaters. Now, the OHK range has been reduced to 15'. This is a major difference. Before, I could lock down an elbow completely with the boltshot on Adrift. Now, when I camp an elbow, I pray that my prey isn't clinging to the walls when he's sprinting. Because if he is, I'm out of my OHK range. Now, I don't like the element the boltshot has put in Halo 4, but 343 can't take an element out that only half of the community doesn't like, that would be alienating the other half. Think of the nerf like a compromise. The situation is similiar in BR vs DMR in team throwdown. The fine folks who created the playlist, saw 2 halfs of the community. Pro BR, and Pro DMR. To make sure they didn't alienate either parts of the community, they removed the DMR from the load out and made it a pick up weapon. + they also had the DMR load out in the other playlist lack an armor ability. The boltshot situation is similiar. Instead of out right taking it away, and alienating 1 half of the community in the process, they nerfed it, to keep the 2 halfs at a balance. No longer is it out right OP, but it is still in load outs.

Wow, I am happy people have their opinions on this and am happy to say thanks to replying to the post. I just have to say that yes, the boltshot may be a little too over powered for a OHK but if it didn't have a OHK capability, who would use a gun like that? Then people would just complain about a gun with a 15 meter blast distance that doesn't kill well. Everything is done for a reason. 343 had a reason for that Boltshot, and I hope they do not change it anymore.

• Like 1

Their reasons were obviously not in the best interest of the common player who doesn't camp, I only ever use the Boltshot if I find it on the ground and Im getting bum-rushed by the enemy in CTF, overall the Boltshot is still severely overpowered, it should be nerfed further by making a 5 second cooldown or something which reduces its ability to beat all loadout weapons.