I for one was very disappointed by the lack of large maps in halo 4, true we have a lot of BTB maps but they are all fairly small and incapable of supporting heavy vehicle combat.

What i would like to see in halo 5 is the introduction of a 16 v 16 heavy combat playlist which would pit teams against each other on very large maps loaded with air and ground vehicles.

I would like to see the following vehicles in halo 5:

-Warthog

-Guass hog

-Rocket hog

-mortar hog

-mongoose

-Scorpion

-Mantis

-Falcon

-Hornet

-Wraith

-Spectre

-Banshee

-Chopper

-Ghost

-Possibly even pelicans and spirits

With this massive pallet of vehicles we should also get some new anti vehicle weapons

here are some ideas:

-Rocket launcher

-Anti armor/air rockets (tracks ground and air targets, low splash damage)

-Anti personnel rockets (no tracking, high splash damage)

-Spartan Laser (how could anyone forget:)

-Heavy Railgun (The most powerful weapon in the game, hold 2 rounds, has 2x and 10x scope, one hit kill on literally anything, pelicans included)

-Plasma Launcher (practically the same as the one from reach but with better tracking and more damage)

-Anti armor incendiary rounds (can be placed on map and are weapon specific, deal 2x the damage to vehicles)

-Gauss turret (like the one on the warthog except in "shade turret" format

-Rocket turret (like the ones on the mammoth in halo 4)

-Oh and possibly mines as well (they could fit into a grenade slot on your HUD)

These are just some cool ideas i had, feel free to critic them or add some ideas of your own :)

• Like 1

I thought about you mortar hog and it would be a very cool mobile artillery placement. If there was some kind of cooperative way to use it, it would be amazing. For example, one person has a target locator. When he locks on, a waypoint is set high in the air so the guy on the mortar can target it and hit it with accuracy. Or the way the mortar works in BF3.

• Like 1

I thought about you mortar hog and it would be a very cool mobile artillery placement. If there was some kind of cooperative way to use it, it would be amazing. For example, one person has a target locator. When he locks on, a waypoint is set high in the air so the guy on the mortar can target it and hit it with accuracy. Or the way the mortar works in BF3.

I don't see it working very well. The players in Halo are far more mobile than in Battlefield.

I don't see it working very well. The players in Halo are far more mobile than in Battlefield.

I think your both right, have the Artilary hog in certain gamemode, CTF, Dominion ect then i see it being usful otherwise it would be slightly useless.

i like all of those vehicles definitely the chopper from halo 3. i have an idea

it'd be called night shade. it's a vehicle that uses active camp but it's not like the armor ability active camo it's like the original active camo power up. it's basically like a ghost but shoots the brute plasma bolts from the brute plasma rifle from halo 2. instead of jets it has an active camo ability. so it's somewhat like the opposite of a ghost. all it really is, is a new type of ghost like how UNSC has the gauss hog and rocket hog.

great ideas. keep em coming guys :)

Perhaps instead of having a mortar hog we could have a mortar turret. it would come with a target locator which could be deployed against targets by one person. another player manning the turret could actually fire the mortar. so you could use them as dedicated defensive emplacements of a sort.

I don't care if the vehicle roster dropped to 50% of its current size if they would bring back the Halo 3 system where your vehicle could be damaged to the point of near inoperability but wouldn't actually explode until you died.  Or if they made the vehicles more impervious to small arms fire.  Seriously, the 30 caliber bullets fired from the DMR should not so easily destroy armored vehicles; the same can be said for the other small arms.  You can now spawn with plasma grenades and pistol; infantry can fight off vehicles with these.  It is no longer necessary for small arms to damage vehicles so heavily.  It would not be hard to introduce weighted damage on the vehicle hp.  

• Like 2

BTB needs some massive changes in Halo 5. Vehicles need way more health and the Plasma pistol EMP needs to stun them less, consume more ammo, and have a longer overheat. Climbing into a vehicle is a death wish in Halo 4, you'll get EMP'd by a plasma pistol then sticky grenaded to death in seconds. Vehicles also need a hug increase in power. The turret on the Warthog and the machine gun on the Mantis are nearly useless at anything but close range.

• Like 1

Love the chopper the most but why not give us the revenant too?

Get the elephant in that list!! Lol

Get some Halo Wars vehicles in there!........

Wolverine - Would sort the anti air problem, would shoot its missiles like the missile pod in Halo 3 but could only aim it high and it would be able to launch its frag a short distance every so often so its not useless when a foot soilder approaches.

Cobra - Anti tank, its slow and takes a few seconds to lock down and is a sitting duck but can punch scorpions down in one hit but takes two to three scorpion shoots to take it down, thanks to its armour plating ;) The cobra wouldnt be able to aim very high or do huge amounts of damage to spartans on foot.

I guess the mantis covers the cyclops.

Ideas for the gremlin guys?

Vampire - Another anti air, weak armour but can hover and fire a powerful needler.

What else.... Vulture? Think id rather see the pelican.

Promethean vehicles - One that could maybe do a small hover boost jump to reach a higher bit of ground. Or one that can teleport a short distance instead of a boost - you cant teleport through things though, the game would just imagine where you would have gone if you had just driven in that direction so if it hit a rock, you would reappear against the rock... That eliminates any problems of you teleporting into structures.

BUT, having said all that, it would be awesome to have a simple vehicle editor, nothing fancy, disable or activate boosts or guns at will. Remove the ghost plasma launchers and attach anything you want, fuel rod, needler, maybe one of each. Make a spartan laser scorpion or a binary rifle warthog!!

BTB needs some massive changes in Halo 5. Vehicles need way more health and the Plasma pistol EMP needs to stun them less, consume more ammo, and have a longer overheat. Climbing into a vehicle is a death wish in Halo 4, you'll get EMP'd by a plasma pistol then sticky grenaded to death in seconds. Vehicles also need a hug increase in power. The turret on the Warthog and the machine gun on the Mantis are nearly useless at anything but close range.

agreed

Love the chopper the most but why not give us the revenant too?

Get the elephant in that list!! Lol

Get some Halo Wars vehicles in there!........

Wolverine - Would sort the anti air problem, would shoot its missiles like the missile pod in Halo 3 but could only aim it high and it would be able to launch its frag a short distance every so often so its not useless when a foot soilder approaches.

Cobra - Anti tank, its slow and takes a few seconds to lock down and is a sitting duck but can punch scorpions down in one hit but takes two to three scorpion shoots to take it down, thanks to its armour plating ;) The cobra wouldnt be able to aim very high or do huge amounts of damage to spartans on foot.

I guess the mantis covers the cyclops.

Ideas for the gremlin guys?

Vampire - Another anti air, weak armour but can hover and fire a powerful needler.

What else.... Vulture? Think id rather see the pelican.

Promethean vehicles - One that could maybe do a small hover boost jump to reach a higher bit of ground. Or one that can teleport a short distance instead of a boost - you cant teleport through things though, the game would just imagine where you would have gone if you had just driven in that direction so if it hit a rock, you would reappear against the rock... That eliminates any problems of you teleporting into structures.

BUT, having said all that, it would be awesome to have a simple vehicle editor, nothing fancy, disable or activate boosts or guns at will. Remove the ghost plasma launchers and attach anything you want, fuel rod, needler, maybe one of each. Make a spartan laser scorpion or a binary rifle warthog!!

that would be awesome 

• 2 weeks later...

What we all need is realism in the destruction of vehicles and damaged vehicles. Like when you shoot the front of a ghost, only the front should be damaged, and only where you`re shooting, so it`s not like when you shoot the front and the sides and back explode or crumple. Another thing is when you shoot off the side of a banshee or disable the fins on a ghost, that you have to fight for control, and boosting is harder to control, seeing as it`s only one side boosting. Lastly, you should be able to shoot out the tires on a warthog or mongoose, and when a warthog is disabled but not blown up, you should be able to detach it. You`re a freaking Spartan for goodness sakes, you can rip it off a puny little tripod, why not a mount?

For that last part, I was talking about the turret, no matter what it would be. Just imagine doing it with a gauss or rocket pod.......

And also, for the falcon or other human air vehicle, you have to fight to keep it airborne, and try to land or at least get close enough to the ground so bail. 

What we all need is realism in the destruction of vehicles and damaged vehicles. Like when you shoot the front of a ghost, only the front should be damaged, and only where you`re shooting, so it`s not like when you shoot the front and the sides and back explode or crumple. Another thing is when you shoot off the side of a banshee or disable the fins on a ghost, that you have to fight for control, and boosting is harder to control, seeing as it`s only one side boosting. Lastly, you should be able to shoot out the tires on a warthog or mongoose, and when a warthog is disabled but not blown up, you should be able to detach it. You`re a freaking Spartan for goodness sakes, you can rip it off a puny little tripod, why not a mount?

For that last part, I was talking about the turret, no matter what it would be. Just imagine doing it with a gauss or rocket pod.......

And also, for the falcon or other human air vehicle, you have to fight to keep it airborne, and try to land or at least get close enough to the ground so bail. 

Good ideas but it could be difficult to implement into the game