1-shot kill Shotgun (and Scatter Shot) has disqualified the Energy Sword and Gravity Hammer?

Spartan Rider

In the previous Halo games the shotgun killed with 2 shots or with a beat as soon. And we couldn't face a sword guy, because we needed two hit and him only one. And this was the cause to do the Sword what it is. But what I'm seeing in Halo 4 is the obsolescence of the Sword. Despite we can sprint, but a Shotgun geared guy kills before I reach him, it's hardly impossible.

It would be a negative point? It's really true?

*****Sorry about any of my mistakes, but I don't live in a country with English language.******  :thumbup:

The shotgun has always killed in one shot as long as you're close enough. How close you have to be has changed in each game.

The sword is having more problems in this game than in others, but it's actually getting kills it wouldn't normally due to people trading kills more often. The biggest problems I see the sword having are that people can spawn with a boltshot, weapons kill faster than ever even when you're not using a boltshot, and your shields take 6 seconds to begin recharging. Thus you have to get close to people which can be dangerous, your shields are getting wiped out faster than ever but are slower than ever to come back.

As I said, the shotgun has always killed in one shot and has always been able to kill a sword if timed correctly. The problems the sword is now having are largely problems every weapon has in Halo 4.

The shotgun and Scattershot are both 1 hit kill, the Scattershot is just much more inconsistent and the Shotgun's range is just much lower than previous Halo games.

The Sword has a higher range, uses up energy if you miss and hit a wall, and Sprint makes it stronger than Halo 3 but not as good as Halo: Reach's.

You now need to use tactics, not run and knife. It's much more a lure-people-to-you-then-bam! weapon. 

Kinda obvious - a sword in a gun game, you're meant to....be stealthy.

The guy who was good with the shotgun always made the sword guy his *****.

Love that and it's true. I feel like the shotguns range in Halo 4 may be a bit larger than it should be, but oh well. I still do great with the sword, especially in the Throwdown playlists.