Halo 4: Worst installment in the series

Chargersphinx

Here are a few examples of why I hate Halo 4 down to my very soul, I love the series but just what 343i has done to this most recent installment is for lack of a better word an "Abomination".

*NOTE* Don't think of this post as hatered towards the series, I love the series, but the recent installment has dissapointed me and makes me regret buying the Limited Edition and ever getting my hopes up that it would be a game that you can have fun in.

OverPowered Weapons-

For one the plethora of needlessly overpowered weapons, for example the Binary Rifle (Basically a hand held Gauss Cannon with a scope that leads to camping, weapon hoarding, spawn camping, and is just a horrible excuse for a "Weapon", it should be instead named the "Rape-Machine"), the Incineration Cannon (Offspring of a Rocket Launcher, a Shotgun, and a cluster bomb leading to excessive "Cross-Mapping" and is also a great "Bunker buster" as you have a chance to dodge a rocket or use cover to avoid it but "Oh No" the Incineration Cannon doesn't give a care in the world about cover going over it and in some cases through it.), the suppressor (A SAW in any battle within 6 feet, not really that bad but still an issue as anyone who goes around a corner and someone camping with this tool will decimate you 9 times out of 10), the lightrifle (Which makes both the DMR and Battle Rifle obsolete, same issue as with the DMR 4 shots = instant death without any time to react or return fire with the chance of surviving), Sticky Grenades (Really not a huge problem until you can now SPAWN WITH THEM, which is total bull anyways as 85% of the time everyone spawns with stickys in addition to the Explosives Support Perk and the other perk which allows you to carry 3 grenades which leads to no one using guns in CQC anymore its just a flurry of sticky missles being hailed at eachother which makes the winning of the game based on who can camp with the Boltshot and throw the most stickys instead of things like "Skill", "Tactics", and "Teamwork" very underused), Beam Rifle (Offspring of a Sniper Rifle and a DMR which allows for amazing hipfire kills very easily and extremely fast leading to snapshots galore), the DMR (Doesn't sound very overpowered does it? 4 shots kills you fast enough to where you have no time to react isn't overpowered at all [sarcasm]), and last but not nearly the least the unmistakable unthinkably overpowered weapon widely known as the Boltshot (I call it the "No-Skill Insta-Kill as it requres 0 skill and only 2 tactics in addition to you being able to SPAWN WITH SUCH AN OVERPOWERED WEAPON, camp in a corner and wait for someone to walk by and ruin his day with a crossbreed shotgun instant killing machine or they could rush a person with it and with a small amount of hope the defender may kill the Boltshotter but it is in vain as it just incinerates his body instantly with very little chance of success.)

Lag-

Next on the list of things that make Halo 4 the most poorly designed and executed gane I have played thus far, the LAG and don't respond with something along the lines of. "Oh no your just butthurt because you suck and your connection is crap!" I've heard this all before frankly I don't care if you don't lag if you don't lucky you don't brag about it but for many people with good connections it ruins everything in terms of trying to have fun, the various occurences of lag are as follows, Teleportation (Of me and enemies) spawning under the map and (Committing Suicide), inability to spawn (the game just says "Time to spawn/respawn 0 seconds" for about 1 minute and by that time I'm getting spawn camped by grenades and power weapons), Black Screen Of Death (Because Halo can't have Dedicated servers "OH NO" that be to nice, but no black screens of death routinely happen because the games host or a large amount of players quit (Oh this whole "Drop-In Drop-Out system" is all well and good WHEN IT WORKS because nearly every single time someone quits and I'm playing guess what happens? Black screen of death, some last 5-10 seconds while some last up to 5 minutes leading to me having to "Dashboard-It" just so I can continue playing. This lag I know comes from the fact that Halo "Must" have player host based servers so when that host has a crap connection it leads to everyone in the server getting brought down to his/her level. Were Halo to get some dedicated servers that lag would be DRAMATICALLY reduced. If you don't believe me on this whole "Lag" situation go to YouTube and look it up, you'll see people with perfectly normal connections teleporting all over the place and getting owned.

Hackers/Hacking-

Now, lets move on to one of the more touchy subjects that people love to start needless flame wars over. Oh yes Im talking about the one thing gamers hate more than lag, Hackers.

Now, I could go on a rant on how hackers are obviously bad, ruin the game, and cause people like me regret every buying Halo 4, but I feel this is a pointless venture as someone (Likely many) Halo fanatics will begin posting their opinions on this page about how there isn't any hackers, you just suck at Halo, their just better than you so you have to say they hack. I have heard and seen this before as well and if you think people don't hack Halo than your probably one of them, if you think someone getting temp-banned for 1 or 2 days for hacking is good enough your wrong. So I will restrain myself from doing so and just list as many of the hacks I have seen off the top of my head with some minor comments throughout. Hacking needs to be delt with much more aggressively than it has before because whatever they are doing to hinder the problem isn't doing enough. I have seen countless times examples of "Near fully-Auto DMRs/Pistols", "Weapons with seemingly bottomless clips" (Namely Overpowered weapons such as the Binary rifle, Incineration Cannon, etc...), Active Teleport anywhere in the map, Vehicle jacking beyond the player height limit, Aimbot (VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM, really if you don't fix this 343i there is something very very wrong with your decision making process), the ability for bullets to "No-Clip" through the map, and seemingly infinite health and grenades. These are just a few of the many hacks I have seen throughout the various maps leading to death, again, and again, and again.

Maps-

How about now I make note of how the current maps in Halo 4 (Including the Crimson DLC) are terrible. Some are good, some are O.K. and many more are just awful. "Haven" for example, one of 343i's poster maps is in the top 3 worst maps of all time on my list. First of all one side spawns at the bottom of a ramp allowing the opposing team to send all of their grenades flying like mortars in and around their position making it difficult to move outside your safe zone, by this time the enemy team has more than likely already rushed over the minor crevice and is on top of the ramp with their advantage of altitude over the enemy team and slaughters them. In some cases the situations can be switched with the side that spawns on the ramp rushing to the top of the ramp uses the fact that the lip of the ramp covers their head almost completely allowing them to fire away and decimate the enemy team with DMR's and Battle Rifles with little chance of retaliation. 3rd possible case that happens at the beginning of the game, both teams rush to the middle but the team that spawns at the ramp gets their first because of their close proximity uses the middle cover and decimates the coverless opposing team. Any of these ways the teams get virtually slaughtered with one side losing little and the other losing everything due to the unbalancedness of the map. secondly this map is a prime location for Boltshot campers due to its large number of sharp inescapable corners leading to death after death, especially at the ends of the man cannons which in addition to Active Camouflage can render the person who lands off of the ground dead without any chance of survival. Another example of an unbalanced map is "Abandon" in which one team spawns above ground and has the advantage of making it to the middle first giving them the advantage of being above ground and they almost in all cases decimate the opposing team which has to rush up from their poorly defended and nearly useless cover coated spawn and pray that they can get some kills before death. Lets make an example of a horrible "Crimson DLC" map, this map is a glorious waste of money, Oh sure they look impressive but in use they are all disgustingly unbalanced. Take for example "Harvest" on the SWAT game type. In this it is just a rush to the top of one of the many excessively tall rocks to get Cross-Map headshots instantly with amazing cover leading to a monotonous game of "Spawn-Die" with little chance of retaliation. There are several more maps I could go on about but this paragraph is getting a bit lengthy so I'll stop this note of unbalanced and horribly designed maps here, the maps may look amazing but looks mean nothing when you are getting spawn killed over and over by enemies.

Spartan Ops-

Lets get off this topic of "War games" problems for a moment and move on to a different game mode "Spartan Ops" Oh don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy spartan ops but the fact that each chapter can be easily finished on heroic in just around 10-15 minutes with very generic "Go here, pick this up, drop off over here, then go kill this group of people, then hold out against their reinforcements." this gets monotonous and boring amazingly quickly, Firefight In Halo: Reach didn't get this boring this fast. Spartan Ops really needs to be expanded in a more exotic way doing more things that are a challenge and fun to do as most things that happened in season one that looked very impressive was almost always in an uninteractive cutscene. Here's and idea on a cool mission idea: Fly a pelican "Litearally fly it, that would make it more fun" Infiltrate a covenant cruiser, battle-cruiser, frigate. etc... and you have to fight your way through waves of the ships inhabitants to get to the ships captain and subdue him "Likely an elite" and have to drag him to your pelican and then fly away as the infinity nukes the ship from orbit leading to an epic and fun escape and infiltration mission. Also you never see yhe Infinity use it's massive array of firepower on really anything which makes it just a "Dog with all bark and no bite" show off the ships abilities 343i, you made it, show it off make it look good don't make it just some floating paperweight that doesn't help really at all. In addition to the monotonous gameplay, when attempting to play with your friends over xbox live it is heavily difficult to play because the once again lag which is the fault of not having dedicated servers and everyone being forced to run off of one persons connection forcing me to play online with people I don't know who just rush in, take your kills, run you over with vehicles, and troll you in addition to still lagging albeit not as much or alone which isn't very fun when in the missions it always talks about "Team" Crimson, a 1 man team is kind of difficult to believe, you are a Spartan IV not Master Chief. Also why does every time you get extracted in spartan ops you never actually get in the vehicle to leave you just stand next to it and it flys off without you? it's a little complaint but you cant just code an extra 5 seconds of gameplay to actually see your characters walk or jump in? That just seems like lazyness to me.

Spawning-

How about "Spawning"? which does coincide with maps but I feel it deserves it's own "Mini" paragraph.

Spawning has always been a problem I've seen in Halo Multiplayer but in Halo 4 it takes the cake of just unplayability. for example In a dominion match, why would it spawn me inside an enemy owned and occupied base with no chance of survival? Why would I spawn directly in front of the enemy and get immediately assassinated in Slayer? Why when I spawn in Big Team Battle my face gets torn off by the sniper bullet of some player the second I spawn? Why I ask must enemies spawn on your side of the map at the beginning of the map and kill you instantly? please if you could explain why this is necessary please go ahead I'd love to hear it, because it isn't getting any better, the more I play the worse it gets.

Forge-

Forge, theres a game type many wouldn't complain about but the problems I have for forge are minor in the least and can very easily be corrected should 343i take some initiative. I would like for the build limit for all objects to be increased the needs I have require a much larger variety of resources, Reach had a perfect amount of things to forge with for my various projects but the amount of materials in Halo 4 seems to be lacking to a serious extent restricting me to small pointless maps. In addition to this, it would be nice if there was a map dedicated to Forge like "Forge world" from reach it was monotonous but it was perfect for almost anything you wanted to build, the possibilities were limitless but in Halo 4 the possibilities are very limited by the low amount of resources I am able to use.

Weapons and vehicles-

Not merely just "Weapons" I am covering in this paragraph, I am asking why. Why does the "UNSC Infinity" have such a "Large and Expansive" armory that holds not only weapons from the UNSC but the Covenant and Forerunners but in such an armory not a single SMG is held? Flamethrower? No missle pods? You would think they might have some spikers? some needle rifles? they had the DMR from reach but not the Needle rifle? No grenade launcher? it may be obsolete now but no plasma rifles? or plasma repeaters? no plasma launchers? Im getting at there were all these great weapons from past games and you advertise how large the armory of the infinity is yet you don't even have an SMG? Really? Come on, the SMG is a great weapon and just adds diversity to the inadequate variety weaponry in Halo 4. The Infinity being bigger than some cities houses thousands of people, and thousands of vehicles in their garage bay and in this garage is strictly pelicans, mongooses, warthogs, and scorpions? No Hornets? Vultures? Grizzleys? No transport warthog? No Falcon? my favorite aerial vehicle the Falcon is not in the infinity? 343i you have set in the lore of the Infinity that it is such a superstructure that houses so many weapons and vehicles but in reality your variety is very little in both vehicles and weaponry, I am not saying you don't have many vehicles or weapons, I'm saying the variety of choices is limited. A majority of the new weapons in Halo 4 are all Power weapons and of the vehicles returning the choices are little especially since you can only fly a Pelican once in the entire game. Also why is it no longer possible to dual-wield weapons? Spartan Palmer can in a cutscene but I cant? Really? Don't say that "Dual-Weilding is unfair and unbalanced" Because almost everything you have done with war games makes it unfair and unbalanced to everyone who trys to play for the fun of it.

Armor Customization-

I believe this is the last major complaint in this long list, Armor Customization. It seems like something 343i has already done but Reach did an amazingly better job than Halo 4 did, Several of the helmets, chestpieces and vambraces have changed and I believe there should still be the same armor choices in reach in Halo 4. For example the EOD helmet was my favorite helmet in Reach but now you changed it to where I just hate it I should have the option to have Reach's version. Also where did the MK. V Helmet go? I know many people that loved that helmet and to just take it away like you did is really really uncool. It was much more creative when you could put health packs, storage, wrist Tac-Pads and the like on your spartan no matter how useless they may have been they were interesting and added more in the line of armor customization.I know many people that miss the loss of the cybernetic replacement arm and the pilot helmet, as with the health packs, tac-pads etc... they may have been useless but they added a new and interesting way to customize your spartan. You replaced all of these things with the stances.....That is so creative (Sarcasm) it is so creative to have 16 people in a match and every single one of them have either the last stand or the assassin stance. If you wanted to make these limited amounts of stances more creative you could have added where you could customize what weapon your spartan holds in the picture based on what commendation they have mastered and they can choose how it looks. But no of course this didn't happen along with a seemingly never ending list of things that could have been done better but were not even touched upon,

What 343i did with Forward Unto Dawn was very creative and I enjoyed it, it helped me get ready for the release of Halo 4 I was so excited I preordered the Limited edition and now after all of this... It feels like just a waste of money, I could probably make another 10 paragraph post on 10 different things I hate but this is growing tiresome and I highly doubt anything I have written today will have even the slightest effect on your future decisions in regard to the Halo series. I have been putting off writing this for weeks now because I knew if i did it wouldnt matter and people would just insult me because of their ignorance.

Good luck in your continued efforts to make Halo a game for people who would see it abused.

• Like 4

1. I am so sick of seeing posts like these. They're everywhere, there's no need to post another one.

2. Weapons- Some weapons are overpowered, but they're all balanced. Like the Incineration cannon having to reload after every shot.

Lag- Every online game you play is going ot have lag, there's nothing you can do about it, so why complain?

Hackers- I have never experianced anything you described and I am SR-118

Maps- The maps aren't the best in the series, but they aren't that bad. The only map I have an issue with is complex.

Forge- No comment, I don't use forge so I don't know if it has any issues.

Weapons/ vehicles- Multiplayer is just a hologram/ simulation maybe they don't want the other stuff :P    but a flying unsc vehicle would be nice, and for the smg issue, the suppressor is pretty much an smg.

Armor- If you want to wear the armor in Reach, then go play Reach.

If you hate the game so much, don't play it. nobody is forcing you to. 

If your so sick of seeing posts like these than don't look no need to comment on another one, "nobody is forcing you to."

Some weapons are overpowered? really? some...Halo has gone from using your skill to out play eachother to who has the biggest gun, No they aren't all balanced if they were I wouldn't be complaining on how the Incineration cannon will destroy you no matter that it has to reload after each shot, in CQC guess who wins? Incineration cannon or a assault rifle? obviously the incineration cannon 9 times out of 10 because the Assault rifle cannot do enough damage to counteract the incineration canon despite having to reload after each shot. If he misses with the cannon the explosives radius will likely kill him and if not he will just reload in 3 seconds and do it again. hence overpowered.

Your lucky you don't play against hackers im around the same rank as you and I see at least 5 per day.

The maps are probably the worst in the series playability wise. let me specify that I like the maps most of them but alot of them have been poorly designed to allow camping and other cheap tactics win over people with skill and who use teamwork.

I know that multiplayer is just a simulation but when 343i is going to brag about the expansive weapons and vehicles they put in the game to use are just Overpowered weapons and no new actual loadout weapons besides the storm rifle and the Overpowered Forerunner weapons I think thats cheap if your armory is sooo big than why isn't there just an actual SMG? you say the supressor is an SMG but why replace it with some Forerunner knockoff when you can the real thing the Supressor is more of a close range SAW with a huge ammunition clip.

"If you want to wear the armor in Reach, then go play Reach." It's not that I want all of Reach's armor in the game I just want more customization and used the Tac-Pad and med pack as examples as creative things to add to your character along with the different attachments you could add to your spartan. Especially since they replaced all that with 1 different skin for each gun and each piece of armor that takes ages to obtain. Oh wow look at this skin I got for my helmet that absolutely no one can notice in game because It is all covered up by the team colors. I just want an expanded customization ability, I don't expect them to do anything I have said or take anything from it. Im just trying to get the point across that this game had alot of expectations and it could have been much much better.

If your so sick of seeing posts like these than don't look no need to comment on another one, "nobody is forcing you to."

Some weapons are overpowered? really? some...Halo has gone from using your skill to out play eachother to who has the biggest gun, No they aren't all balanced if they were I wouldn't be complaining on how the Incineration cannon will destroy you no matter that it has to reload after each shot, in CQC guess who wins? Incineration cannon or a assault rifle? obviously the incineration cannon 9 times out of 10 because the Assault rifle cannot do enough damage to counteract the incineration canon despite having to reload after each shot. If he misses with the cannon the explosives radius will likely kill him and if not he will just reload in 3 seconds and do it again. hence overpowered.

Your lucky you don't play against hackers im around the same rank as you and I see at least 5 per day.

The maps are probably the worst in the series playability wise. let me specify that I like the maps most of them but alot of them have been poorly designed to allow camping and other cheap tactics win over people with skill and who use teamwork.

I know that multiplayer is just a simulation but when 343i is going to brag about the expansive weapons and vehicles they put in the game to use are just Overpowered weapons and no new actual loadout weapons besides the storm rifle and the Overpowered Forerunner weapons I think thats cheap if your armory is sooo big than why isn't there just an actual SMG? you say the supressor is an SMG but why replace it with some Forerunner knockoff when you can the real thing the Supressor is more of a close range SAW with a huge ammunition clip.

"If you want to wear the armor in Reach, then go play Reach." It's not that I want all of Reach's armor in the game I just want more customization and used the Tac-Pad and med pack as examples as creative things to add to your character along with the different attachments you could add to your spartan. Especially since they replaced all that with 1 different skin for each gun and each piece of armor that takes ages to obtain. Oh wow look at this skin I got for my helmet that absolutely no one can notice in game because It is all covered up by the team colors. I just want an expanded customization ability, I don't expect them to do anything I have said or take anything from it. Im just trying to get the point across that this game had alot of expectations and it could have been much much better.

I'm sick of seeing these posts as well. 

1. Your whole BS hacking claim is far from the truth and what actually happens. (I can and have performed memory edits, so I know whats legit and whats not)

2. Azure is not a perfect MM model, but every game HAS LAG.  Deal with it.  Poor connections of others, can cause your network resources to be utilized to even out the bad ones.  If you bothered to read up on the Azure service, you would know this.

3. You gotta be kidding me with your completely bull**** weapon breakdown.  Yeah a DMR "can" kill you in 4 shots...if all those shots are dead on in the head.  In the heat of battle and with 50%-75% of battles beign heated or unexpected.....it just doesn't happen.  Not enough time to react?  Well if your anidiot who stands there and scouts to see where the bullets are coming from instead of moving directly to cover...then yes, you SHOULD DIE!

4.  Any weapon can be overpowered with the right user behind it.  You talk about camping around corners.  In the good old days of halo 2 and Halo 3, you could camp behind a corner and get meleed, then 1 shotted to the head.  Let me guess......we should nerf melee attacks cause they are OP?  Get a grip.

5. There have been plenty of maps that are unbalanced at the start in terms or altitude.  Turf, is a good example, as well as Construct.  I could go on to include others like Terminal, Headlong, Lockout, etc...   No map will ever the fit the bill as a perfect balanced starting ground.  Only a complete cube with nothing else but 6 sides would qualify as balanced.  Other than that, deal with it and learn how to use your disadvantage of map spawns into an advantage.

6.  Having a multitude of additional weapons, also creates a map size issue, development time issue as well as the redundency of some of the weapons.  You mention the SMG.  The SMG is roughly the same firing rate and damage as the Assault Rifle.  Halo 3 had the SMG yes, but it was not very favored over the Assault Rifle.  Obviously you have never dealt with the pain staking process of picking a weapon set, and trying to evenly apply them to a map.  Not a Forge map mind you...Forge is for wannabes.  I'm talking real map making...as in HEK usage.  Spend some tiem crafting a custom map from scratch, place spawns, effects, objectives etc... then come back and spout off about how easy it should be.

7.  Armor is already fine.  Just because you didn't like that they changed your helmet, does not mean the Armory selection poor.  I used straight Hazop in Reach, but in 4, it's not my go to because of the drastic change.  Changes need to be made, otherwise it gets boring.  If I wanted the old Hazop helmet...I"ll go play Reach.  I suggest you do the same.  And btw, thats a pretty lame attack to make against the game.  The armor changes nothing about the gameply.

8.  Halo 4 may not have been the best Halo, in fact I was the first person to outright speek about how it fails, but my quarrels are with "actual" technical aspects...not some half ass halfed baked items that apply to only you or a select few who have the same playstyle or wants out of the game. 

I was gonna make 2 more to make it an even 10 things...but it aint even worth it brah.  Peace out.

• Like 4

If your so sick of seeing post like these then go make your own about how much you hate it. What an idea I know, hold your applause, please.

You think my hacking claim is "BS" "Far from the truth" you say, Oh look at this big man thinking he knows how hacks works because he's done a few save file edits and thinks he's so legit. -_- Really? BS? so bullets getting fired through the hill in the middle of Exile and killing my teammate isn't hacks? Me watching a sniper who fires downrange no where in my direction curves 90 degrees straight into my brain isn't Aimbot? 1 person rushes a base in Dominion with seemingly an infinite source of rockets who never needs to reload, thats not hacks OH NO that isn't hacking at all. One of my favorite examples of hacks is how my friend was at the height limit in a Banshee on Exile and is just flying around and someone just jacks him all the way up there without a jetpack or any other means of getting all the way up there without teleporting...Oh yeah teleporting on someones Banshee isn't hacks no not at all, no thats just good Ol' Halo. Trust me, I've done save file edits on games too, you don't see me bragging how I know whats legit and what's not I'm just stating the facts here, if you don't want to believe them thats your business I could really care less.

I do deal with the lag I deal with it daily, but when the lag influences the way the game to where you have almost 0 chance of surviving there is a major problem. I know Halo seems to prefer Hosts to actual Dedicated servers but with Hosts there is the major problem of having someon with sub-par connection who ruins it for the rest. Also there is the fact that some know just how to use the fact that they are host to their advantage. Like how they use a lag switch to make everyone lag so they can get free and easy kills oh no thats not a huge drawback of hosts no thats a great advantage!

What do you mean the DMR "Can" kill you in 4 shots IT DOES kill you in 4 shots this is fact shooting someone in the head all 4 times doesn't increase the damage that their shields receive it's always the same no matter what, you can shoot someone all in the foot and it will break the same speed as on the head all you need is just 1 easily placed headshot on the enemy and boom, thats a easy kill. It's obvious how the battles start im not disputing that but when you are hit first by a DMR there is almost no chance you will be able to return accurate fire to hit the person effectively to try and kill them or get into cover fast enough to counteract the attacker because the DMR has very high damage and a moderately high rate of fire leading to very fast death which can be easily fixed by decreasing the rate of fire to much lower balancing the weapon.

It's not the person that makes the weapon OP if you believe this than you have some kind of mental damage since the people that make the weapon thus make it OP because...DUH THEY MADE IT. Am I talking about Halo 2? Or Halo 3? No, I'm talking about Halo 4 and if you would notice not many camp around corners and melee people anymore because you know why? they have a better option thats so much easier to get kills, it's called the Boltshot, now I would hope you would understand how the Boltshot is OP but I doubt it so I won't waste my time to type it. At least when you camp an melee someone they have a chance to kill you, with the Boltshot that's not possible. So to answer your question, No I don't wan't meleeing to be nerfed in fact I love it.

So no map can ever be balanced? So no one will even try? their just going to throw in the towel and say "Nope, can't do it, too hard, too much work, lets just make it unbalanced to the max that's so much easier." Im not asking for the most balanced map ever seen but at least put some effort into it instead of "Oh that side gets height and cover, and that side....hmm lets just give them some rocks and a hill they have to climb" That takes no effort and is a complete piece of crap, like Complex, like how Haven is set up, like how on Exile one side gets a rocket launcher and the other a sniper I wonder who would win? 9 times out of 10 it will be the rocket,  Turn your disadvantage into an advantage? Really that makes no sense whatsoever, You cant turn the fact you are at an disadvantage into an advantage that is not physically possible, maybe in your mind but not in reality.

Having a multitude of weapons doesn't effect the size of the map in any way, Redundancy? A flamethrower is a redundant weapon? Really? It took nearly 3 years for Halo 4 to be created and in that time there were only 3 new UNSC weapons and all 3 were power weapons, in those 3 years only 2 new Covenant weapons 1 loadout weapon and one power weapon, and in those 3 years 6 new forerunner weapons in which all of them are overpowered in addition to the highly underpowered pulse grenade. So all that time and only really power weapons? the one loadout weapon was just a replacement for an older weapon so that really doesn't count in the list. So all those power weapons and not a single loadout weapon to help ease the flow of overpowered weapons and add diversity to the game? If you have ever used the SMG you would know that is only similar to the assault rifle in terms of fully automatc fire and if you believe that makes the 2 weapons the same well... than that makes a turret the same as pulse rifle doesn't it? I don't know where you get this "Not very favored over the assault rifle" thing because I know many, myself included that would take an SMG into battle over the assault rifle any day.  "The painstaking process" Really? clicking typing and moving a mouse while coding is painstaking? No it's not it just takes someone with enough brainpower to understand how to do it. You think that just because your in some class that tells you how to code in a game engine you suddenly know all there is about map making and coding? let me tell you that you are quite full of yourself and I do know it can be difficult to code games because I do it to but it isn;t difficult unless you hire someone like a grunt to do it.

Now this last paragraph you made is interesting because you totally missed the point entirely, I used the fact that I didn't like the EOD helmet as an example to my argument but no you think that it was my atgument that I wanted the old Reach EOD helmet to be brought back, if you axtually read my post and my response to the person above your post you would relize this.

Really you are the first to "Speak" (You spelled that wrong) out against Halo 4? really? You want a Cookie? How bout' a medal? Too bad get over yourself I highly doubt you were the first to speak out against it, and if you were who cares? Technical aspects? Thats a load of bull and you know it dont try to talk about that after I have just proved every single one of your arguments to be false. You think your cool because you can use asterisks instead of acual curse words? Oh we got a big man in here. A select few or me alone? Go to YouTube or all the other forum posts or all the websites listing the faults of Halo 4 and you would know how invalid your argument is. You think I want out of the game? It's not that hard to leave. it's called pushing the power button or hitting the "Quit" button, it's another revolutionary idea I know.

"you ain't even worth it brah...Peace out"

Really? don't let the door hit you in the backside on the way out, you can take your stupid arguments with you.

Wow you put up a tuff argument. But I'm still fine with Halo 4.

I still do play the game, sometimes I do have fun, it's just with all the problems it has it's starting to wear on me, you know?

• Like 3

I feel you OP, I do. I love the game, but it does tend to wear on you after a while. 

If I may be so bold, I would encourage you to get into these forums more and become a frequent and dedicated member. We are always looking for people with good ideas and opinions. Just make sure to keep a cool head and an open mind :) 

• Like 1

I agree with you on almost everything. They should have added a playlist that added a Reach style gametype, where everybody started with the same loadout except for armor abilities, and sprint was removed for the classes that have armor abilities. I'm sure tons of people would play this, including myself.

• Like 1

1. I am so sick of seeing posts like these. They're everywhere, there's no need to post another one.

2. Weapons- Some weapons are overpowered, but they're all balanced. Like the Incineration cannon having to reload after every shot.

Lag- Every online game you play is going ot have lag, there's nothing you can do about it, so why complain?

Hackers- I have never experianced anything you described and I am SR-118

Maps- The maps aren't the best in the series, but they aren't that bad. The only map I have an issue with is complex.

Forge- No comment, I don't use forge so I don't know if it has any issues.

Weapons/ vehicles- Multiplayer is just a hologram/ simulation maybe they don't want the other stuff :P    but a flying unsc vehicle would be nice, and for the smg issue, the suppressor is pretty much an smg.

Armor- If you want to wear the armor in Reach, then go play Reach.

If you hate the game so much, don't play it. nobody is forcing you to. 

And I am so sick of reply post like these. He doesn't hate the game, he loves the game.

If I hated the game, I would just not play it like you said. But I LOVE the game, and as such when I see so many glaring problems with balance and gameplay features I feel the urge to come talk about them and see if other older fans of the series agree with me. And most of the time they do.

While Halo 4's multiplayer may be my least favorite of the Halo games, I still enjoy it. I do agree with some of what the OP is saying, but some of it I don't. 

Mainly weapon variety. The SMG became somewhat useless when Bungie brought back the AR in Halo 3. Yes you could still use it, but it was only useful when dual wielded. AR vs. one SMG - AR would win. As for dual wielding, again I think it is now obsolete. Even in one of their vidocs Bungie says how in Halo 2 spawning with a dual wield weapon changed Halo in some ways. You can't melee or throw grenades while dual wielding so that limits you, IMO. I mean you can, but you drop your left handed weapon and that reduces your firepower. I do miss the needle rifle, but they added the light rifle and brought back the BR and Covenant Carbine. I agree there are too many power weapons and add in the boltshot. 

In terms of vehicles, besides the lack of a UNSC air vehicle, they can't have a lot of what you mentioned. The hornet or Falcon would be nice to have, one, not both. The transport warthog doesn't serve a purpose, IMO. The Vultures and Grizzlies were only in Halo Wars to my knowledge so they don't fit as well in the FPS games. 

Spartan Ops might need some more variety, but I really enjoyed Season 1. Being able to have some added story through the cut scenes is great. Playing through the missions can be annoying without friends, but for the most part I played with at least one friend all the time. Only very rarely did I play alone so I had fun with them. I am looking forward to season 2, even if I will be paying for it. 

I do think the maps are not that great. Some maps are good only for certain game types. Wreckage is only playable in Slayer for example. The Crimson maps overall are not very good. I HATE Meltdown, just don't like it. Exile is unbalanced in Slayer (Gauss in blue spawn). I was able to get the Majestic pack this morning before I left for work. Looking forward to see how they play. 

In terms of someone having "unlimited" rockets on Dominion. It might just be that they keep getting rockets on a resupply. I know that worked in my favor while holding a base. That might not be a hack. Unless of course they fire more than two without reloading. 

Halo 4 isn't the best game in the series. Worst? Not sure about that either. Campaign is great, Spartan Ops is fun. Multiplayer has had some real good moments for me, but it is definitely not as good as Halo 3 or Reach, IMO. 

I posted this because I saw so many people on these forums posting similar but incomplete problems of the game and who just wanted a straight answer and wanted to try to get these things fixed, but in vain as someone more often than not many people came by and just started a needless comment war over their opinion, I wrote everything I saw as an issue (Forge not really an issue but it would be nice if they released some kind of a forge map pack for expanded playability), I wanted to put it all out there and hopefully get more people to understand my reasoning.Like Chris Hansen said I do not hate the game I love it I went out of my way to buy the Limited Edition and after a few weeks I saw that same enthusiasm I had originally for the game somewhat fading as more and more I had learned of the problems with the game I just asked myself "Why couldn't have seen that would probably hurt gameplay and be a big problem" So in response to FuriousGeorgeX, Yes, I would love a Reach style Gametype with only sprint and no Loadouts that would be amazing because the loadout feature in place now is fun but it seems to be adding more problems than what it's worth especially with the Boltshot and being able to spawn with sticky grenades. Luminous you may be right about the extra weapons but in the pre-release of the game 343i talked on and on about the multitude of new weapons and in reality they were either returns of a few older weapons or alot of new power weapons, it just seems they could have balanced out the large amounts of powere weapons with some more new standard weapons. I also do agree that not all those vehicles are necessary but at least feature them somewhere all you see is 4 UNSC vehicles at least put some somewhere that you can see, I also did enjoy season one of Spartan Ops but it just felt that it needed something more it could have been much better in my opinion, they could have expanded on the missions and the story (The story was really good, but near the end it seemed a little rushed (despite the fact requiem was on a crash course for the sun.) As with the Maps I hate meltdown as well it has way too many Forerunner power weapon drops especially in dominion, there is no point for the mantis or the gauss Warthog if everyone has a Incineration Cannon and a Binary rifle it leaves little room for any movement. I equally look forward to the Magestic map pack to see if that lightens my views on the maps. With the unlimited rockets scenario I was refering to a time when I was playing Dominion on Exile and I was guarding the Charlie Base (The one with the Wraith spawn) along with 3 other Teammates and 2 enemies rushed it 1 with a Rocket Launcher and the other With the Battle Rifle and the person with the rockets just ran straight in the side entrance nearest to the Wraith spawn, blew open the shield door with a rocket and walked in hit my teamate who was on top of the ramp firing at them, then he targeted the center of the room where the capture terminal was and hit that once killing my other teammate then in under one second saw me at the back of the room and fired 2 rockets killing me instantly then he and the Battle rifle person began "T-Bagging" and proceeded to teamkill eachother using the rockets, I don't know exactly if it was hacks but I know I never saw him reload as he slaughtered my team. Halo 4 may not be the worst but what is? Halo: CE started it all so there is no way that could be the worst and Halo: 2 and Halo: 3 are my favorites besides the first one, Halo: Wars was just an RTS game and I liked it so I wouldn't call it the worst so the 2 for worst in the series would be Reach and 4 (I did like Reach but It as well had a few issues but I still do love the game) and I have to say, playing reach was alot more fun than 4. But these are just my opinions. And to DanielGigantic, in regards to your post (I assume your being sarcastic but in the light that your not) the Assault Rifle is balanced out of its high rate of fire by a low Damage per hit and extremely little accuracy at about 10 meters away from you so it is mainly a CQC weapon but if you use short controlled bursts you can probably hit someone 20 to 25 meters out without much difficulty, but the Assault Rifle being overpowered? Not in my opinion no.

I do agree this game has its fair share of problems and its hard to not go on a rant when your pissed off i actually got banned from the shoutbox last night bc i was frustrated and vented, but some serious changes need to be put into affect before h5, (if it even makes it) comes out. 

also ill be honest im not sure what all 343 has been involved in with making games and what not but are they fairly new to this? how many games have thy put out? Hopefully things greatly improve as thy go along

My hope is enough people see this to where someone important from 343i can actually read this with an open mind and try to implement some serious improvements.

I also have another question, why is Teamkilling still allowed in most gametypes? I just played a match; Infinity CTF on Ragnarok and the entire game our teammate got all butthurt that I brought the flag back to our base so as I tried to get it in our base he hit me twice in the back with melee killing me then proceeded to take the flag and get the points for capturing it, then when my other teammate got in a Mantis he proceeded to throw 3 Sticky Grenades on it and blow it up so he couldn't have it, then in retaliation for this I shoot him in the face with the shotgun then he respawns, kills me with melee again and I allowed it hoping I would be able to boot him, guess what happened? No Boot then he proceeds to find our teamate sniping and starts punching him in the back and kills him, finally he was booted but still...Why is this still a thing it takes 4 Teamkills to boot now? What is the reasoning for even having Teamkill? I don't see any advantages.

• Like 1

Man this thread just absolutely wreaks of butt hurt!!  It's just about intoxicating!  LOL!!  (couldn't help myself XD)

Anyway, yes, we all have issues with the game and we can only hope that the devs at 343i learn about them and decided to implement the fixes to said problems to the next Halo game that is on the way.  After all this is their first game and they still have much to learn about what us veterans of halo like and know.

LABRAT first of all you spelled "Reeks" wrong, if your going to try to insult me or my thread and call me butthurt at least do it with proper spelling and not look like a 5 year old that just got done with the 2nd grade. Secondly 343i has many former bungie employees and veteran video game producers and were funded by one of the richest electronics manufacturers in the world (Microsoft) and you want to tell me that they need to "Learn"? with all of that and all the "Testing" they did they should have realized all of these problems beforehand and fixed them before release. Thirdly, Khatru311 it appears you have a "Putting your virtual balls on virtual mens virtual faces" I think they have therapy for that now.

My only addition to this, is the "Former Bungie Employee" remark.  Simply because they worked for Bungie, does not mean that they worked long, worked well or even produced any great quality content.  Bungie had hundreds of employees and not every one of them was quality I am sure.  More over, simply working for a developer does not give you equal, current or sufficient knowldge to work effectively or efficiently in a new engine or a derrivative engine of something they "once" worked on.  For all we know, 25% of the Bungie employees they aquired could have been coffee runners or toilet scrubbers.

Employees grow and learn as they work, they never know it all or become perfect in any way.  When people speak about needing to elarn to do things, or ways to get things done better, that is a resonable and fair assesment of an employee.  The employees of 343i surely want to do and get better at their job, and without criticism and sometimes harsh realities...they will never get better or improve.

• Like 1

Just seen this post so forgive me if its late commenenting. But I agree with the guys anger about the hack I've been in few games recently, where people have used rocket launchers, 1 finished a ffa game with 25 rocket kills yeah might seem doable but theres only 1 launcher at start of the match and even with your ordance not garanteed to get rockerts all the time. So I kept hiding 1 game and other players were running at him and he was just killing them 1 by 1 6 kills and I finished his spree with an assassination and picked his launcher and had 4 left but didnt need reloading I attacked him as he killed the 6th guy. Then he got revenge about 30 seconds later with another rocket launcher, 1 didnt even spawn so to me he/she more likely hacking specially when you can buy the hack disc as well in game. So sadly its ruined the game for me I only do the challenges and thats it have all tje achievements

You should use paragraphs.  I can't read everything due to poor formatting, but I think they did a good job creating interesting weapons.  Of course it is strange to have a 1 shot kill sniper rifle, but it also has far lass ammo and reveals your position.  I think these two things balance it nicely.  The suppressor is supposed to be good at close range, but not as good as the AR at medium; that's the trade-off.  The Incinerator works fine as a bunker buster, that's the point of the gun.  You seem to just be mad that there are lots of guns for different purposes.  There are lots of guns that kill you in one hit, so I don't see the problem with the incinerator cannon.

^ The problem with all these one hit kill weapons and overpowered weapons is that they are not balanced off by much, if you would have read that part on the weapons you would have understanded completely how over half of the weapons in Halo 4 are Over-Powered spawnable weapons or Power Weapons which lead to just a fight over who has more ammunition for their massive arsenal of weapons. Also the purpose that the gun was originally designed for when the "Bunker buster" Incineration cannon is just randomly fired into any building or corner and gets kills. The slow reload time (Which isn't that slow) doesn't matter when you own everything with that one shot.

You should use paragraphs.  I can't read everything due to poor formatting, but I think they did a good job creating interesting weapons.  Of course it is strange to have a 1 shot kill sniper rifle, but it also has far lass ammo and reveals your position.  I think these two things balance it nicely.  The suppressor is supposed to be good at close range, but not as good as the AR at medium; that's the trade-off.  The Incinerator works fine as a bunker buster, that's the point of the gun.  You seem to just be mad that there are lots of guns for different purposes.  There are lots of guns that kill you in one hit, so I don't see the problem with the incinerator cannon.

Im with u I agree with pretty much everythin on this post, people do get carried away with this balancing lark, its not as if every1s carrying the inceneration cannon infact I bet ive gone 5 or 6 games without even seeing 1! I wouldnt say its any better than the rocket launcher if u way up the pros and cons, rocket launcher might not be quite as powerful but it has 2 rockets a time more ammo over all reloads faster and the rockets move waaay faster so I think its a fair trade as with the binary to the sniper its not an out an out better gunbecause of its weaknesses!!

Im with u I agree with pretty much everythin on this post, people do get carried away with this balancing lark, its not as if every1s carrying the inceneration cannon infact I bet ive gone 5 or 6 games without even seeing 1! I wouldnt say its any better than the rocket launcher if u way up the pros and cons, rocket launcher might not be quite as powerful but it has 2 rockets a time more ammo over all reloads faster and the rockets move waaay faster so I think its a fair trade as with the binary to the sniper its not an out an out better gunbecause of its weaknesses!!

i can go games without seeing a weapons depends on playlist. sir when i played dominion the losing team always had a inceneration cannon while i got br dmr from supply..  weakness? the gun can kill you in 1 hit Lol.

Mmmmmmmmm so can the rocketlauncher sir:-/ I do not understand the argument!!

Or are u talking about the binary? Because again its not better in every way its 1 hit kill sniper is 1 head shot or 2 otherwise!! That loads up 2 shots at a time and gets 4 extra shots!! Sniper loads 4 at a time and has 8 extra shots but binary gives away ur position and tells u some1 is aiming at u fair trade I think. Now I cant see how this is ruining the game!!