Halo 4 Title Update 21st Feb - Details

Spectral Jester

Anybody else have an issue after the update, in which all my loadouts, emblems, and armor sets reset, I still have the items so not much of a big deal there but all my campaign progress is gone which is a pain I was so close to beating it solo on legendary

Did have a problem with losing it all after first ever TU, but its been fine since, plus all you gotta do is redownload them

Theres been a lot of whiners on waypoint about nerfing the DMR, personally it doesn't bother me but I was wondering what some of you guys here think?

to me the dmr is only balanced when its not a loadout weapon and you find it on the map. Other then that yes it is Op when you can spawn with one. It needs a slower firerate atleast.

i see boltshot will still be op. i wish 343 listened to the community on waypoint =/

Edited by TornadoFlame

I have to say I am not surprised that all that is being fixed are bugs and exploits, bar a few things like the BS nerf and the Friendly Fire being disabled.

Are the killcams going to be fixed? Why even have them if they are going to be broken? Will splitscreen be playable on forge and large maps without huge framerate drops?

This is a poor excuse for a TU, an I bet you everyone at 343 is popping champaign corks and patting themselves over the back about this. What a joke.

Things I think they need to fix:

Lowering your weapon for machinima- I don't understand why you can't do this simply, or even online. Maybe not in matchmaking, but at least in custom games. We should also be able to walk, crouch, and look around without our weapon being up all the time, like in Halo: Reach or Halo 3. It's pretty damn ridiculous.

DMR and BR bloom- The DMR and BR both need more bloom, like the DMR had in Reach, but the BR has no bloom at all. There should also be more bullet spread. Either this or make the AR more powerful!

Hardlight Shield nerf- Make it breakable, or make it so when damage is done to the shield, the time you are able to use it depletes.

No slow-down when shot- This is downright aggravating. I don't remember this being in any other Halo game, and it makes escape nearly impossible. I don't know if it was intentional, or the game thinks that bullets are large solid objects and have to slow the player down like crates. But it needs to go.

Add Theater to Spartan Ops- I realize that the reason there is no theater in Spartan Ops is because War Games is a simulation, in which you can realistically go back and record things. But theres some pretty epic stuff that goes on in Spartan Ops, and it would also be a great way to allow machinimas to be made in Spartan Ops.

In regards to Promethean Post,

Lowering your weapon for machinima- I don't understand why you can't do this simply, or even online. Maybe not in matchmaking, but at least in custom games. We should also be able to walk, crouch, and look around without our weapon being up all the time, like in Halo: Reach or Halo 3. It's pretty damn ridiculous.I can agree with you on this one

DMR and BR bloom- The DMR and BR both need more bloom, like the DMR had in Reach, but the BR has no bloom at all. There should also be more bullet spread. Either this or make the AR more powerful! The AR is as it should be and the DMR doesnt need more bloom, otherwise it wouldnt be a designated Marksman rifle

Hardlight Shield nerf- Make it breakable, or make it so when damage is done to the shield, the time you are able to use it depletes. Never even heard of this issue before.... Hardlight shield is designed like a riot shield made of hardlight, it's not meant to be broken. How about you try a different tactic then a head on assault when someone uses it?

No slow-down when shot- This is downright aggravating. I don't remember this being in any other Halo game, and it makes escape nearly impossible. I don't know if it was intentional, or the game thinks that bullets are large solid objects and have to slow the player down like crates. But it needs to go.Never felt this was an issue. But lets say someone has a shotgun and you have a magnum......shotgun would win in Close Qauters EVERY time if played properly. We need to give the magnum guy a chance.

Add Theater to Spartan Ops- I realize that the reason there is no theater in Spartan Ops is because War Games is a simulation, in which you can realistically go back and record things. But theres some pretty epic stuff that goes on in Spartan Ops, and it would also be a great way to allow machinimas to be made in Spartan Ops.Machinimas ins spartan ops? no, because Spartan ops are basically campaign missions with set objectives and goals. I dont really see many people using it for machinimas

Lowering your weapon for machinima- I don't understand why you can't do this simply, or even online. Maybe not in matchmaking, but at least in custom games. We should also be able to walk, crouch, and look around without our weapon being up all the time, like in Halo: Reach or Halo 3. It's pretty damn ridiculous.I can agree with you on this one

DMR and BR bloom- The DMR and BR both need more bloom, like the DMR had in Reach, but the BR has no bloom at all. There should also be more bullet spread. Either this or make the AR more powerful! The AR is as it should be and the DMR doesnt need more bloom, otherwise it wouldnt be a designated Marksman rifle

Hardlight Shield nerf- Make it breakable, or make it so when damage is done to the shield, the time you are able to use it depletes. Never even heard of this issue before.... Hardlight shield is designed like a riot shield made of hardlight, it's not meant to be broken. How about you try a different tactic then a head on assault when someone uses it?

No slow-down when shot- This is downright aggravating. I don't remember this being in any other Halo game, and it makes escape nearly impossible. I don't know if it was intentional, or the game thinks that bullets are large solid objects and have to slow the player down like crates. But it needs to go.Never felt this was an issue. But lets say someone has a shotgun and you have a magnum......shotgun would win in Close Qauters EVERY time if played properly. We need to give the magnum guy a chance.

Add Theater to Spartan Ops- I realize that the reason there is no theater in Spartan Ops is because War Games is a simulation, in which you can realistically go back and record things. But theres some pretty epic stuff that goes on in Spartan Ops, and it would also be a great way to allow machinimas to be made in Spartan Ops.Machinimas ins spartan ops? no, because Spartan ops are basically campaign missions with set objectives and goals. I dont really see many people using it for machinimas

The DMR had A LOT more bloom in Reach, and people were still able to wield it well. The problem is it's too easy to use, as is the BR. And for the machinima in Spartan ops, it's the only game mode that allows you to fight NPC enemies. Just film when the characters aren't. I think the slow down when you're shot at IS an issue. I mean, you're a seven foot tall super soldier with Grade-A Titanium armor, and energy shields! I don't think a few shots from a plasma pistol are going to hinder you to 1/4th your speed. The hardlight shield isn't a major issue, it's just a little OP, and I think it should be tweaked.

Another thing, the delay when you come out of sprinting needs to be adjusted. It's about a second too long, because you should be able to fire AS SOON AS your weapon is up, not a second or two after.

DMR needs bloom because in it's current state, it can beat just about all the Close Range weapons in 1v1 combat.

The exception, obviously, being the Boltshot. Bloom can at least help solve the range issue. Inverse bloom even better.

Also, if we don't have theater in SO at least give us skulls, so we can turn on the one which removes all the HUD.

The ar is already godly enough it can beat a br mid range 3/4 of the time.. The br is so underpowered It takes a full 4 shots with each 3 bullets hitting to kill and 9/10 of the time you miss and you have to 5-6 shot because the 1-2 out of the 3 bullets somehow misses when you have your cursor on them.

The dmr now... if its gonna be so accurate and have massive hit boxes it should have decreased fire rate.

Hardlight shield The only issue i have is you can't beat down people threw it Which is kinda dumb.

Another thing, the delay when you come out of sprinting needs to be adjusted. It's about a second too long, because you should be able to fire AS SOON AS your weapon is up, not a second or two after.

Yeah this is kinda annoying. it happens to me way to much my guns drawns but wont fire lol.

Edited by TornadoFlame

The DMR had A LOT more bloom in Reach, and people were still able to wield it well. The problem is it's too easy to use, as is the BR. And for the machinima in Spartan ops, it's the only game mode that allows you to fight NPC enemies. Just film when the characters aren't. I think the slow down when you're shot at IS an issue. I mean, you're a seven foot tall super soldier with Grade-A Titanium armor, and energy shields! I don't think a few shots from a plasma pistol are going to hinder you to 1/4th your speed. The hardlight shield isn't a major issue, it's just a little OP, and I think it should be tweaked.

Not going into detail, just pointing out a few issues with your statements:

1) Hardlight shield is fine as it is. It is not OP. The wielder is unable to charge their shields while using it. If anything, toss a grenade and they die, or wait till the ability is over to finish them off with a few shots.

2)The stun when being shot using Sprint is fine. It would be broken that if everytim you are about to legit kill someone, that they sprint off and you are unable to do anything about it (slows down gameplay). Halo 3 didnt have this becuase there was no sprint. Halo Reach had this and well...sprinting was an ability choice and those who used it ran around like it was a marathon haha.

3) Bloom.....oh boy what to say...DMR bloom in Reach was terrible. It made shots inaccurate when trying to rapid fire AND when going at a good/fixed pace. MLG players even looked like crap when using it as it was the game's fault for inthe inaccurace thanks to bloom. Reach is fine with the very little bloom they have for it. If you think no bloom is too easy, then you must think Halo has been an easy game since Halo 2.

Not going into detail, just pointing out a few issues with your statements:

1) Hardlight shield is fine as it is. It is not OP. The wielder is unable to charge their shields while using it. If anything, toss a grenade and they die, or wait till the ability is over to finish them off with a few shots.

2)The stun when being shot using Sprint is fine. It would be broken that if everytim you are about to legit kill someone, that they sprint off and you are unable to do anything about it (slows down gameplay). Halo 3 didnt have this becuase there was no sprint. Halo Reach had this and well...sprinting was an ability choice and those who used it ran around like it was a marathon haha.

3) Bloom.....oh boy what to say...DMR bloom in Reach was terrible. It made shots inaccurate when trying to rapid fire AND when going at a good/fixed pace. MLG players even looked like crap when using it as it was the game's fault for inthe inaccurace thanks to bloom. Reach is fine with the very little bloom they have for it. If you think no bloom is too easy, then you must think Halo has been an easy game since Halo 2.

Honestly, I did rather well with the DMR in Reach. The DMR wasn't made to rapid fire either. And the thing about no bloom in the first Halo's were that nobody had it, so it was all balanced. I don't remember there being any slow down when shot in Reach. But I see your point with the Hardlight Shield.