A series of issues

voisey93

I understand that Halo 4 is trying to make a name for itself and be better than all the other FPS games out there but if I'm honest being a hardcore Halo fan I am very disappointed with the game in general but mostly with matchmaking. Here is a list of reasons I'm sure people will be able to relate quite easily:

1. Why bring ordinances into the game? and no weapons on the maps? - My first point is that this is too much like Call of Duty if i wanted to play that i'd buy it

2. Players should still be penalized upon leaving a game early by loosing say 100 SR points

3. Joining games i don't know a single person who enjoys joining a game that has about 2 minutes left and I'm not really that pleased with joining games that have already started even a few minutes ago it leaves you clueless as to how the match has been played so far - this also is another Call of Duty idea

4. The leveling system is also pretty bad, I mean it was awful on Halo Reach but I thought it be more likely to be like Halo 3 leveling where at least when you played a game opponents were your level - I'd like an evenly matched game based on my skill level not an easy game or an insane game - i have come across several high ranked players will K/D's of less than 0.6 stop matching me with people who cannot play at all!

I can think of more issues but they are more for the game in general not just matchingmaking

• Like 2

I agree with you by and large but as I've stated in another post, before penalizing folks for leaving MM, let's get the MM networking straightened out and get a skilled list system in place as well as some MM options such as Same country only, best connection etc etc. I quit out only when my shots don't register or when I get pulled into a game with 12 seconds left and down by 10 scores lol. I don't mind being down by 10 scores but give me a little time to work with.

• Like 1

My biggest issue with Match making is how god damn long it takes it to fill groups and start games.

I don't mind a bit of a break in between matches, but when I feel like I need a book at my side before I load up Halo 4 I feel like I'm being robbed of time.

I'd love a skill ranking system vs the system they have now, which allows any old clock puncher to "level" up, with an ELO matching system for more balanced teams/matches.

BUT!

As it is now, with them selecting any old crappy connection host, filling one team with 6-8 rank 100+ players and the other 8 kids sharing two xboxes, it still takes 5 minutes for them to start a match.

I'd just like to get more games in, and if they'd turn around matches a bit faster (i.e. fill groups that lose players after a match in less than 2 years) I think that would be an amazing start.

• Like 1

I do agree matchmaking is far too slow. I suppose getting even matches is more important than penalizing for quitting, i will quit matches if the lag is unbearable.
I did find myself in a match on Ragnorok in which the game lagged before starting so we could not quit, it then registered that no vehicles had spawned and then respawned them. We had 4 mantis' on the Map all taken by the opposing team as they all spawned before us and it was a massacre!. Do think something should be done to prevent other teams having the advantage during games like that or just fail to start the game rather than begin a game that just will not load properly.

1. the ordnance made it so the maps werent like reach's or any of the other previous halo games where everyone could just run to the rocket launcher and could camp the weapon spawn. a much better take than before

2. once matchmaking is done being "updated" the penalites will come into play. also how can you lose SR points if you dont have that many, unless you mean "experience points"

3. i hate joining midgame to find that im on the losing team and their halfway to the needed score and my team has about 30% less than that. but its great, if my friend leaves that i could inv them or they can join me. it also helps to balance the teams instead of a 1v4, it gives the outnumbered teams a fighting chance. the idea in Black Ops 2 was in Theather Mode where you could watch all the carnage, before and after you were in the match

4. hated halo 3's leveling system where if you were really good but you couldnt get higher, you were stuck at that skill. i was a 31, despite how good i was, i couldnt get to a 32. at least with this system, you get rewarded for trying and get more if your on the winning team. when i first started playing halo 4, my kd kept switching btwn +0.5 and -0.5, then it grew to about +200 and now its about +500. those who really really try and come out awsome should be rewarded for all their hard work

I generally make posts on the board in-between games.

No one ever said being SR130 meant you had any skill. If anything, all the SR system really amounts to is your Spartan's mileage with a very low cap.

And I would find XP penalties would be very ineffective. The game is just too easy to gain xp, even if you are not even trying. 343 basically throws it at us.

1. the ordnance made it so the maps werent like reach's or any of the other previous halo games where everyone could just run to the rocket launcher and could camp the weapon spawn. a much better take than before

2. once matchmaking is done being "updated" the penalites will come into play. also how can you lose SR points if you dont have that many, unless you mean "experience points"

3. i hate joining midgame to find that im on the losing team and their halfway to the needed score and my team has about 30% less than that. but its great, if my friend leaves that i could inv them or they can join me. it also helps to balance the teams instead of a 1v4, it gives the outnumbered teams a fighting chance. the idea in Black Ops 2 was in Theather Mode where you could watch all the carnage, before and after you were in the match

4. hated halo 3's leveling system where if you were really good but you couldnt get higher, you were stuck at that skill. i was a 31, despite how good i was, i couldnt get to a 32. at least with this system, you get rewarded for trying and get more if your on the winning team. when i first started playing halo 4, my kd kept switching btwn +0.5 and -0.5, then it grew to about +200 and now its about +500. those who really really try and come out awsome should be rewarded for all their hard work

Halo 3's ranking system was very intelligent. You probably were only a 31 in skill. I got to 40 and absolutely couldn't advance, but at the same time I admit I wasn't destroying every single game.

Having to fight over power weapon spawns and controlling those parts of the map are what made halo, HALO. Now little johnny can just sit in a corner with a DMR and get a rocket launcher or better delivered to him. If he has the right perk (ugg..) he can re-roll his ordnance like a frigging care package and get something even better.

This is not a fun system, it might be fun for terrible casuals who can't coordinate and get good weapons through working with teammates to secure areas; but for competitive players, and even players that aren't that competitive but like a non-crutch based game.

....only + 500 kills...on top of your deaths? That's not very good...unless you have less then 150 deaths or something.

I'm 8900 kills on 5000 deaths and I consider myself just O.K. at the game.