Halsey as the Antagonist

NextHaloGeneration

As most of us know already, Halsey turned sour when she learned that the UNSC tried to kill her. She now wants revenge on humans. We know Halsey is going to be a bad antagonist. BUT

will she be defeated in Spartan Ops season 2, or Halo 5?

I dont know if they will release another Spartan Ops for Halo 4 or not, but if they do, than there are two options.

One, the Spartan Ops season will be dedicated to defeating Halsey/Didact's Hand.

Or two, Halsey will not show herself in the season and will be thought dead. That leads to the following:

The Halo 5 campaign. In the campaign, the main Antagonist might be Halsey, and the returning of the Master Chief. Master Chief would slap some sense into Halsey (or kill her).

I think Halsey shouldnt die, and she should have some copy of Cortana (Yay! Random hope for Cortana!). But the UNSC is still hunting her, and the only way to stop this is Master Chief.

So what do you think? Post you theories below. Thanks!

I seriously doubt she would be the main antagonist. That role is for Jul 'Mdama or Didact Jr. (if you've read the lore). However, I think that either Spartan Ops Season 2 or Halo 5 will focus on her capture and execution. Master Chief could be sent to kill her (which fits into the "much darker" game 343 is promising us), but he would hesitate because he knows that she is the only one who can bring back Cortana. And meanwhile Arby is fighting the Storm.

Halsey making another Cortana would be so cheesy. I hope she isn't brought back(Cortana) and if it happens, it better be good.

On topic, I don't think a main antagonist. I think if she meets John, something will change. You see her reaction when she found out he was alive.

um 1 thing that hasent been said yet here is this

maybe halsey is using jul for something

think of that but if she is acturly with the storm covies then maybe chief will have to hunt here down and kill her but he needs her alive becase of cortana intersting plot point

That is a good point. Though it didnt have to be Halsey, it could be another person. Not ruling it out, but remember, she's about 60 at the time of the 2550s. She'd be nearly 100 at that time...

Remember, its the 2500s, I bet people live well over 120 in that time.

Also, I don't believe Halsey will be an antagonist for the next game, that just sounds downright silly to me. However, if Season 2 is around the corner in Spartan Ops, I could believe she could be the main antagonist for that. However, my gut feeling tells me, her "revenge" may even just be a convoluted plan to lead Jul on.

um 1 thing that hasent been said yet here is this

maybe halsey is using jul for something

think of that but if she is acturly with the storm covies then maybe chief will have to hunt here down and kill her but he needs her alive becase of cortana intersting plot point

i understand what youre saying that would be a big part of the plot if that were true. She could be g for

John to get the second part of the key so he could find the rest of the artifacts.

*waiting

Remember, its the 2500s, I bet people live well over 120 in that time.

Also, I don't believe Halsey will be an antagonist for the next game, that just sounds downright silly to me. However, if Season 2 is around the corner in Spartan Ops, I could believe she could be the main antagonist for that. However, my gut feeling tells me, her "revenge" may even just be a convoluted plan to lead Jul on.

People were surprised at Parangosky living to her nineties, so I doubt it.

Halsey won't die or else it will ruin the story line in 2589 Halsey is the one that gives noble 6's eulogy.

Halsey could die, but she/unsc have made successful clones of her, who is then reading the eulogy (telling the whole story of everything). For the reason that the unsc wants her knowlege she will have after handling the janus key in halo 5 or spartan ops.

Nobody would suspect her death and it would make a great story twist.