Duel wield specialization

pimpdaddytban

Dual wielding? No far too messy...wasn't even needed in Halo 3....dual wielding has no part in making halo "feel like halo" again lawl

r u kidding what oher games could u duel wield in... Only halo and then they took it out. Duel wielding makes people feel like bosses so there would be no harm in putting it in. If u dontlike it then u shouldnt use the perk.

Lets be realistic, what are we going to dual wield in this game aside from Magnums, Plasma Pistols, and BoltShots?

I like the idea of getting Dual Wielded guns in Ordanance a little better, like two really decent SMGs or classic Plasma Rifles. Even that idea is unrealistic as well though.

Needlers will probably never be Dual-Wieldable again after Halo 2,

Who needs to wield two energy swords? And good luck finding two separate Concussion Rifles and Sricky detonators to dual wield in the first place. And TBH, it sounds more impractical than anything. Plus if you die, your enemy is getting two power weapons. Who wants to deal with that?

Surpressor sounds reasonable, but it would probably kill the little range and accuracy it has at the expense of more power. I would reckon any halfway decent assault rifle user should be able to easily dispatch someone with a combo like that, let alone the hordes of DMR/Battle Rifle users.

Sorry man, not trying to poke holes in your idea cuz I always liked Dual wielding myself, but it just doesn't fit into the Metagame we have developed.

r u kidding what oher games could u duel wield in... Only halo and then they took it out. Duel wielding makes people feel like bosses so there would be no harm in putting it in. If u dontlike it then u shouldnt use the perk.

Wasn't that great only in 1 title and that was halo 2. That's like saying armor abilities are what make Halo feel like Halo. Only 2/5 legit titles had em. It's more than that...

Wasn't that great only in 1 title and that was halo 2. That's like saying armor abilities are what make Halo feel like Halo. Only 2/5 legit titles had em. It's more than that...

u obviously dumb halo 3 had dual wield to and in reachthe elites had that

Needlers will probably never be Dual-Wieldable again after Halo 2,

Who needs to wield two energy swords? And good luck finding two separate Concussion Rifles and Sricky detonators to dual wield in the first place. And TBH, it sounds more impractical than anything. Plus if you die, your enemy is getting two power weapons. Who wants to deal with that?

Surpressor sounds reasonable, but it would probably kill the little range and accuracy it has at the expense of more power. I would reckon any halfway decent assault rifle user should be able to easily dispatch someone with a combo like that, let alone the hordes of DMR/Battle Rifle users.

Sorry man, not trying to poke holes in your idea cuz I always liked Dual wielding myself, but it just doesn't fit into the Metagame we have developed.

i c urpoint but i think it would be pretty cool to see anywayse :P maybe there willbedual wielding and dual wielding weapons in halo 5 btw the enemy wouldnt nessissarily get the dual weilding weapons that u dropped unless he had the perk to.

also what do mean We developed

Actually a great question here is what weapons would it work with, the idea of dual wield is fine and in the past weapons have been designed to work with it but in this game there are few that I would consider plausible.

I mean sure a PP and a magnum could be good, but say 2 SAW's or 2 x incineration cannons lol, (not that you would find these often).

One possibility would be that in your ordinance you get certain weapons dual wield when the perk is on!! now I am not sure what weapons and if it would be fair!!

Did you play Halo 3??? I mean how do you not remember the maulers???

• Like 1

See he has the right idea!! Also it would be cool if they brought the maulers back in halo 5 or in future dlc

See he has the right idea!! Also it would be cool if they brought the maulers back in halo 5 or in future dlc

also if im not mistaken im pretty sure i remember dual wielding in odst plz correct me if im wrong though :P

The problem with Duel Wielding is that you need the weapons to be powerful enough singlehandedly but duel wielded not OP.

In Halo 4, this means it needs to be either small arms and maybe things like needlers and sticky detonators.

And still, duel wielding the Pistol is already OP; it'll kill you in 2.5 clicks, which is very fast. Boltshot? The range gets increased; the damage gets doubled.

Having a dual-wielding perk will be interesting but their is one big problems.

1) What weapons can you use?

The game was not designed with dual-wielding type weapons. I doubt they will add new weapons to accomadate the perk. So what can you dual-wield? The default assault-rifle, Supressor etc. would be very over powered over close engagements unless the accuracy took a big hit. Its hard to even think what weapons could work, so it most likely could not work. (DUAL WIELDING PISTOLS!) Weapons in Halo 4 are not right for any sort of dual-wielding, unless you are speaking of just a secondary dual-wield, which may work but its just not worth the trouble.

There should be a perk that De-scopes people when you shoot them. Perfect for any would-be sniper.

They should slap that effect onto the Nemesis perk, cuz that perk damn sure isn't worth anything otherwise.

More on-topic, I normally condemn any and all favorable discussion of dual-wielding, but I can't help but think it might be kind of fun to dual-wield boltshots.

• Like 1

Having a dual-wielding perk will be interesting but their is one big problems.

1) What weapons can you use?

The game was not designed with dual-wielding type weapons. I doubt they will add new weapons to accomadate the perk. So what can you dual-wield? The default assault-rifle, Supressor etc. would be very over powered over close engagements unless the accuracy took a big hit. Its hard to even think what weapons could work, so it most likely could not work. (DUAL WIELDING PISTOLS!) Weapons in Halo 4 are not right for any sort of dual-wielding, unless you are speaking of just a secondary dual-wield, which may work but its just not worth the trouble.

someone already asked this before soread the restofthe chat anduwilfind uranswer to what weapons ucan use

The problem with Duel Wielding is that you need the weapons to be powerful enough singlehandedly but duel wielded not OP.

In Halo 4, this means it needs to be either small arms and maybe things like needlers and sticky detonators.

And still, duel wielding the Pistol is already OP; it'll kill you in 2.5 clicks, which is very fast. Boltshot? The range gets increased; the damage gets doubled.

they would probably hinder some hings like accuracy nd fire rateand also range for things to notbe to OP. Didnt u notice the fire rate change whendualwielding pistols in halo 3 as opposed to single shooing it.

Balance could become a huge issue though. Let's be honest, when you give someone two weapons instead of one, you fire more bullets which equals more damage. 

Could easily become overpowered. 

You could never dual wield power weapons. In Halo 4 - plasma pistol, magnum, maybe needler. Having two boltshots would be ridiculous. 

Dual wielding takes away your melee and grenades, at least while you are holding the two weapons. Maybe in Halo 5, but I am sure people would just say "343 sucks they just went back to something old" or some criticism like that. 

for one thing problem with this and always be balncing issues 343 in the early stages of halo 4 made dule welding into the early version of the game but was dropped becase of blacing issues thye might find a way to bring it back in halo 5 but as of now i see no way