Damage boost + sniper rifle = win

Chris Hansen

This is one feature, although I don't agree with, have had much enjoyment using with things like the sniper rifle and rocket launcher for hilarious results. The rockets one hit anything in the explosion radius and the sniper rifle is transformed into the halo reach sniper, but even more so, two hitting warthogs and one shotting players.

Anyone have some good examples of WTFPWNing people with boosted weapons?

To be honest, I'd rather use the Damage Boost and DMR rather than the sniper. I'm decent with a sniper and can get headshots fairly frequently, so I'd rather not use up that ammo on the DB. However, with damage boost, the DMR kills in four shots. Four shots and amazing range make for a lethal combo, then after the boost is done, I switch back to the sniper.

I've heard the SAW is insane with a damage boost, I very rarely get a damage boost with a power weapon though.

I WILL more often get it with a vehicle though (In fact I've been meaning to teach myself to get out of a vehicle after so many kills to see if I have a good ordnance). I like getting it in the ghost because players aren't ready for the ghost to kill them that fast, so a lot of the planning they do to deal with you relies on the fact that you kill them in X amount of time and they can do Y before then. I also feel like a damage boosted Warthog turret has a much more appropriate kill time than the unboosted turret. That damn thing just kills too slow normally.

I enjoy a DB + sniper rifle for tough situations. I got one on harvest awhile back when the enemy team cornered me. I saw I had DB and dropped it behind cover, grabbed it, and then turned and snapshotted the guy who was rushing me. That made them think twice about pressing their advantage.

I've heard the SAW is insane with a damage boost, I very rarely get a damage boost with a power weapon though.

You don't know what you are missing. I have mowed down people with a boosted Saw, and literally watched their teammates just b-line in the other direction like scooby doo and shaggy when the monster cones out! They didn't even try to take me on. I was laughing quite a but when it happened.

You gotta pretty much save the boost for when somebody drops an actual power weapon, or wait for it to spawn on Abandon.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol. I think everyone's are great ideas, but more of, like, common sense. If you were to have me give you an example... I'd have to say try using Damage Boost +  Mongoose. That thing is like.. Instantaneous kill every time you splatter someone! About 0.00% better then it originally was! (Now that's some damage boost right there, mate)

A Suppressor with a damage boost once killed me to death on Adrift before I even realized I was fighting two people at once.

But a Sniper sounds good, it's a OHK super accurate body shot.

And then the SAW...now that's just madness. Without damage boost it can tear enemies apart at precision range...so it would be a nightmare.