Forge World Coming To Halo 4?

Cooliest

Could It Be Possible That We Are

Getting A Forge World For Halo 4?

Halo4Follower got tipped to go back and look at the images from the Valentines Day

Waypoint Bulletin because there were some questionable images.

He came out with a video analyzing these images so take a look below.

Video By: Halo4Follower

What do you think about these images?

In my personal opinion I think it could be possible that they would

give us a forge world spin off of some sort.

They have been very responsive to the community about a lot of other very specific aspects.

In particular this image

valentines_04.jpg

Picture By:

Halo Waypoint

This looks like Montana and Alaska from forge world but if you look closely

it looks redefined in a Halo 4 sort of way.

And in reach new forge environment became available with some DLC as well.

Could this be 343 hinting at a new forge world in the upcoming DLC?

Leave your thoughts in the comments below

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by CᴏᴏʟɪᴇsᴛRᴀᴘ
  • Like 1

I hope they make a new forge world. Its so very easy to get bored with the little maps as it is.

Ya it would be nice to have one big free open map added to the small maps currently. Plus (imo) all the maps made on each of the forge environments looks so similar because you have such a small space.

I agree that there should be a forge world but the thing is why not make it a different dlc not with the map pack since people might not want the map pack and they just want forgeworld.

But then people that want both would have to pay 2 times. I think it only makes sense if it comes in another DLC.

It's not part of the map pack. Details on the map packs have been set in stone for MONTHS, even before Halo 4 was released. Honestly, this picture looks like Apex from Spartan Ops. That, or it's just a generic picture of Requiem or some concept art. Pictures like that have been used in marketing in the past, doesn't mean it's in the game somehow. People need to stop whining. Forgeworld is too much for the Xbox to handle with the Halo 4 graphics engine. Get over it. The current maps are plenty big enough. HOWEVER, adding in some NEW environments would be a nice change. I posted a thread about it here:

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/25935-new-environments-the-easy-way/

It's not part of the map pack. Details on the map packs have been set in stone for MONTHS, even before Halo 4 was released. Honestly, this picture looks like Apex from Spartan Ops. That, or it's just a generic picture of Requiem or some concept art. Pictures like that have been used in marketing in the past, doesn't mean it's in the game somehow. People need to stop whining. Forgeworld is too much for the Xbox to handle with the Halo 4 graphics engine. Get over it. The current maps are plenty big enough. HOWEVER, adding in some NEW environments would be a nice change. I posted a thread about it here:

http://www.343indust...s-the-easy-way/

Now Squally.

First of all never once did I say I wish that it was coming back or anything. And I do agree that we need some new environments. So by posting this never did I mean to make It sound like it was coming with the Majestic Map Pack. All I meant by this is that maybe there is some bigger "Forge World Type" of map coming at some point. And there's no saying that they can't add it into the Downloadable Content. I do miss forge world but I'm content with maps they've given us.

So I'm sorry for any confusion or mixed words. New environments would be awesome.

:)

Edited by CᴏᴏʟɪᴇsᴛRᴀᴘ

Now Squally.

First of all never once did I say I wish that it was coming back or anything. And I do agree that we need some new environments. So by posting this never did I mean to make It sound like it was coming with the Majestic Map Pack. All I meant by this is that maybe there is some bigger "Forge World Type" of map coming at some point. And there's no saying that they can't add it into the Downloadable Content. I do miss forge world but I'm content with maps they've given us.

So I'm sorry for any confusion or mixed words. New environments would be awesome.

:)

I'm not directing the comment to you personally. I'm saying this for everyone that keeps whining about Forgeworld without putting any actual thought into it. It's a bunch of hollow wishes being made for no other reason than nostalgia, and it's getting really frustrating.
  • Like 1

The maps we have are plenty big enough. However, the spaces IN the maps are not enough. Ravine, it has enough space and nice lighting, but (Ideally) the spaces on the map should be nearer the water, like an island and space in the water to walk in. Impact could have one massive flat asteroid or no land. Erosion has (For me) no possible uses. That map could have been used for a better forge space... Like the island and canyon as a remake. That area was almost perfect for forge, then replace... sy, ravine with pinnacle and coliseum...

I mean really, apart from race, who used ALL of Forge World? Really?

And forge wars dont count either...

Point is, we have enough space, we just don't have the good existing environment to use.

What did annoy me was how the Impact base wasn't on a 90 or 45 degree angle... That think is so awkward to forge in...

I'm not directing the comment to you personally. I'm saying this for everyone that keeps whining about Forgeworld without putting any actual thought into it. It's a bunch of hollow wishes being made for no other reason than nostalgia, and it's getting really frustrating.

Yes I realize that it wasn't only meant for me. And I fully understand what you mean. So I guess we can all just agree on wanting a new space let it be forge world or a new canvas.

Id trade all the new forge maps in to have forge world back. In Halo 4 all my maps are built on ground ive created, not using anything already on the map. In Halo Reach it was the other way around.

As for never using the whole of forge world, while this may usually be true, at least you could pick and choose which bits to use together. Ex - I had a map that involved the pinnicle and paradiso islands and another that involved the paradiso island leading through the cave to the hemmorrage area. Now if forge world was cut in half i wouldnt have been able to make one of these two maps. So not using the whole thing in one creation doesnt mean making a huge map was a waste of effort.

It wouldnt be only for nostalgia. Forge world in my opinion is the best forge map to date and if 343 (clearly) cant beat it then they should just remake it.

Having said all this, a large FLAT island with grass in the middle changing to sandy beaches as you approach the forgable ocean would be my dream forge map. With unique parts like trees, rocks, ramps and blocks with grass and sand skins, huge cliff parts to section areas off... Lets just say, all the parts needed to recreate hemmorrage. That would be THE forge map!