Redemption1272

Edifice

Hey fellow halo nerds, just giving up on leaving this map on the backburner and giving it to the world. Got a lot to say about this map as I have been working, testing and changing this map inside-out to get the possible halo experience. Much of the design stems from some very old roots but new aspects with the halo 4 sandbox.

I would like to say that this design was just a combination of deep thought and hard work but my real advantage to this map was all the people who provided feedback, props goes out to Atlasisshruggin, Squally dabeanz, yemiL, and to all the testers who gave their feedback and dedication to help test this map.

I first started the design by looking at some past designs which had good aspects and mistakes, ones of which I will not make again. Then I looked upon halo 2 Sancturary, tiny bits of Warlock and some minor bits of Guardian. Ironic enough it was what all these maps did and didn't have that made this map. Fast-paced, segmented, situational-power postions, and under the surface movement options were all good aspects that these maps had.

The Architecture was something that didn't really match any of these maps but a combination of things I haven't seen yet, although I had taken some aspects of it structure from Imago, (Please do not ask me to remake that). To incorprate the cave was more of self-challenge that I wanted to try and give the best possible experience with the cave and the map equally. Creating player flow came down to understanding what a player is really thinking on a pschological level, breaking up a map just right to where it makes a player want to keep moving.

At first CTF wasn't a viable option but after it's last revision to give blue team much more of a base, red and blue had a good balance and after testing I felt even more confident about CTF being a viable option. KOTH and Oddball played like a dream out of the old days along with slayer, dear slayer as the most diverse gametype on this map. I recommend that if you play FFA you play a max of 6 people but the ideal number is 4 people FFA. Team Slayer plays Standard 4v4 and 2v2 (yay!).

Now after reading all this (if you actually do), you must me thinking "SHOW ME DA MAHP YOU $#@%". Alrighty! No more pointless rambling, map detailz:

Map name: Edifice

File Share Gamertag: Redemption1272

Canvas Map: Ravine

Last Updated: 02/10/2013

Supported Gametypes: Slayer, Regicide, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Oddball

Tags: Competitive

Best Gametypes: Infinity Slayer, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Oddball

Best Team Size: 4 vs. 4

Initial Ordnance: Railgun, Hammer, Sticky detonator

Random Ordnance: Shotgun, Saw

Details: Initial drops will respawn but at random, as they are under the random drop rotation

Screenshots:

1-31-2013_10.jpg

1.png

2.png

07_skice_ruky_prava.jpg

vw_auto_saved_project2.png

vw_auto_saved_project.jpg

Will appreciate any feedback, it's the little things that count! A feature isn't exactly what I am looking for this time around because I am trying to get feedback from as many sources as possible.

• Like 1