Sniper Choice: Sniper Rifle or Beam Rifle

Trifle10

Sniper's Choice  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sniper Rifle do you like best?

• Sniper Rifle
    • Beam Rifle
    • Both

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really cant decide between the two because they both have their distinctive advantages. For the bigger maps i prefer a sniper rifle, do to personal success with farther targets. While on smaller maps like Haven I choose the beam rifle because i can get multiple snap shots (they be head shots too, saves me ammo that way)

post-72742-72131_thumb.png

Depends on your circumstance really, If you want more ammo, beam rifles, but if you wanna put a hurt on somebody and hear that lovely sound of a AP round traveling downrange into someone's skull...sniper.

I vote for the sniper rifle.

Although, I do suck with a sniper in hand! Lol.

Sniper rifle is still standard and easier for me.

Sniper gives you 4 shots, beam rifle gives you 2-3.

Depending on how fast you shoot it. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd have to say both. When it comes to comparing both the Beam Rifle and the Sniper Rifle, there isn't much difference. What I will say is that the Beam Rifle DOES have more range, and you're able to fire more shots, as long as you don't fire too quickly you shouldn't need to reload. With the Sniper Rifle, really it packs the same punch, but you maybe better off with its ridicule (You may prefer it, depends on you, really), and you can fire 4 shots without it over-heating, which is more convenient in battle as over-heating with the Beam Rifle takes time to cool down. There isn't much to compare, as both do the same damage, it's really down to the skill of the player. But, the Beam Rifle as I said does have the advantage range wise but also I think it slightly more accurate, especially since the ridicule is smaller.

But, the experience with either sniper can differ, as it seems to give off a different feeling when you look at the Halo games both snipers appear in, and also depending on which Halo game you're playing can make you feel different towards via whatever sniper you're using.

Edited by ShockGazm

• 2 months later...

Beam Rifle (the things overpowered when compared to the Sniper, unless we're counter anti-vehicle operations, but if that's the case I'd personally just foregoe both snipers and arm myself with the SPLAZ3R instead)

• 2 weeks later...

Binary Rifle. :troll:

I like the feel of the Beam Rifle more than the Sniper Rifle. But the Sniper Rifle has more ammo in Halo 4... so it's a bit of a toss-up. In a pinch I'll go for the Beam Rifle, since it is easier to snapshot with it.

Well in the specific sniper playlist I'd go for a beam rifle because it can shoot way faster and snapshots are easier and there aren't any vehicles in there.

In a Big team for example I'd go for the classic sniper rifle anytime.

To be honest, although the beam rifle can give you mad 'Snapshot!' skills right off the bat, The Sniper Rifle is an amazing and powerful weapon to wield, Just the sound of it is amazing to be partnered with in slayer. :)

• 4 weeks later...