Halo 4 horrible game (in my opinion)

Jserna92

This is the worst Halo game ever, killcams? Classes?saw?killstreaks? Are you really serious?! I was disappointed when this game came out, wasted $60 on this and will never get it back. They made it "noob friendly" similar to Call of Duty like k'mon 343 really? Halo reach was a bigger hit, worst ge developer for halo. I can't believe Bungie made you guys in charge like seriously, even the home screen H4 is horrible, looks like starwara and the Spartans look like power rangers, halo 4 has the worst Frame rate per second, no wonder MLG didn't pick this game up and makes the Halo pros retire as well, You're a big disappointment 343 Industries you ruined halo nothing will ever be the same like halo 3, nothing..

• Like 1

Killcams are only in certain playlists.

Classes, yes to actually make this Halo game different from the rest.

SAW? Dunno what is bad about this weapon.

Killstreaks don't exist, if you're referring to Ordnance drops, they're not based entirely on kills.

Bungie didn't make them in charge. Microsoft did.

The home screen is just fine, looks spacy which Halo 4 is about.

Spartans look nothing like power rangers unlike you're making the colour bright yellow.

The frame rate is alright for everyone I know.

MLG didn't pick this because 343 didn't agree with their terms, so they went with Virgin. Nothing to do about the game being good or bad.

It won't be, because Halo 3 is Halo 3.

If you want to play previous titles, be my guest. But don't complain when the game has to evolve and not be stuck 5 years in the past.

• Like 7

In my opinion, it's the people that need to change the most...NOT Halo....

It's how the world seems to be. You can't please anyone, and that's why I stopped trying. Seems to me like any given persons opinion is ALWAYS incorrect, and a given company "just needs to do this, that, or the other" to fix the game, "it's that easy!"

I'm all for legitimate discussion of topics. A forum is for DISCUSSION and the EXCHANGE OF IDEAS, many of which will end up in conflict (which isn't a bad thing, conflict actually breeds some of the most ingenious solutions and brings out the worst AND best in communities). It's things like this post, though, that just don't make sense.

As to the OP (who will never read this because he/she created the account to troll/vent and not come back), I really wish your Halo 4 experience was better. I want EVERYONE to love games, because games are WORTH LOVING, even if you don't think the game was great. It's a work of art, and there are just as many positives to take from this game as there are negatives.

These posts have been done, and will continue to be done. The discussions have been had (and are currently being had) all over the place. However, many of these discussions take place after a structures, honest, and fair criticism of a piece of content, not just general bad-natured trolling.

That's my rant. And that's my challenge to the 343i Community Forums community. Have these discussions. Challenge the ideas of your fellow gamers and be creative together, all while being respectful! Take this community from where we are and make it even better and brighter by holding each other to a higher standard, and do the same to OTHER communities as well.

"It's the people that need to change the most". Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Like 2

The game isn't exactly "noob friendly' just conforming to the masses, and believe it or not now that video games are becoming a big piece of peoples lives, most players are actually becoming good. Believe it or not CALL OF DUTY players, can be good at video games, shocker I know. But yes a few things 343 did do wrong, but I still find this game to be good. I enjoy the killcams because now I can see what I did wrong and learn and become even better as a player.

• Like 1

this is old news op most of us have already accepted halo 4 has to many flaws to be playable and simply do not play it anymore. Its useless to complain at this point your better off waiting to see if 343 realizes there mistake and makes halo 5.

i fail to see why people need to change but this is a old arguement all we have to do is log in halo and look at the online activity and that speaks for it self sorry people feel the need to spend 60usd Then voice there concerns on games that are incomplete.

• Like 1

In response to Jserna92, 343 have tried their best to make an enjoyable game. They're new, they're fresh out, they want to make games which are enjoyable to the players; 343 may be not like Bungie, but give them a chance. They know they made mistakes in Halo 4, hence why they're starting to put Halo Five into production; don't just go hating on a game company just because of a few simple mistakes in one game. Even though these flaws annoy me a lot, I like the game still; it's quite fun. Killcams allow me to see where I can be taken out from, then learn to be sure to check my back, or whatnot, whenever I'm on my own. Also, please fix the grammar; the post was making my eyes bleed to death.

From Agent Maine,

Person of Grammar, aka a Writer.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I was just getting upset and honestly still dislike the game, I'm a competitive player and like a challenge and like to to earn skill. It takes time to get good at a game (like halo 3) not over power the assault rifle and throw in a SAW and give people armor abilities (halo reach, halo 4) like k'mon now guys seriously? I mean it's nice and all to give noobs a chance with the Assault rifle and long range shotguns, spartan ops, and firefight but this is a competitive game from halo 2,3 and reach and now it's just a noob friendly non-skilled game oh I forgot to mention "ordanences" just straight up jaw dropping I was very very dissatisfied. This isn't halo this is like an advancement of Crysis 3. >.<

Wow. I like armor abilities. Ordanences are great. I mean you do good and you get a power weapon, no more camping over a power weapon spawn point. Honestly I dont see any flaws other than no dual weld or the SMGs but each new game in a series is going to make a small amount of people upset because it is not just the why they want. Well life is full disappontments, get use to it.

• Like 1

Halo 4 is flawed, yes, but it is not as terribly as most see it. Fair enough, it has been CoDified, it does not sound like Halo, and the Spartan's are men in powered suit's. Lol @ Power's ranger's, but i have to ask, which Power Ranger's ???

Loadout's are a joke, i mean, Making Vehicle's half useles, just so you have to waste a slot in your Armour Loadout for "Wheelman", is sheer lunacy. So an inplant in a Powered Suit is going to make the Vehicle twice as strong. Err, NO !!!

Flinch. Wow, 343, what a great idea, you ruined Sniper's. Well done ;)

Halo is not ruined, just flawed, and 343 have the chance to learn from their mistake's, or go down in flame's. MM is the main problem, Sp-Op's is great and the Camapaign Beautiful. But, it is the MM that keep's the game going, which is where most of the work should have gone, and in my opinion, was over thought out. Too much crap, stuff that is not needed, because it should already be there, such as Wheelman, Anti-Flinch and all the other small bit's, like dexterity. It is a SPARTAN, it alreadt has Dexterity...

Killcam's can be skipped, so try hitting the "A" button, and there is nothing wrong with the frame rate, and SAW is great. Brilliant for the Dog's (Crawler's) and for one on one with Knight's and Spartan's. Nothing wrong with Saw.

Lastly, Halo 4 is not a Noob Game, and as much as it has some appearance to CoD, it is Halo, in more sense than Cod.

Personally, this is my favorite game by far. I think it is the most complete. Halo had a great story, obviously no multiplayer for console (online).

Halo 2: Great multiplayer and pretty darn good story, just something missing for me.

Halo 3: Great multiplayer and a good, but rushed story.

Skip to Halo: Reach: I liked multiplayer and parts of the story, but just couldn't completely get myself into the story.

343 did something that I was completely skeptical about. They made me fall in love with this game by changing the game. It obviously has some of the Rainbow 6 and COD elements to it, but I think it is so much better in Halo. The maps are great and the new weapons are fantastic. The story itself could be better than the original trilogy.

Of course it is okay to dislike the game, but for people to complain about Halo changing, just come on. If you want a game that stays the same, go play any one of the COD games after MW4.

Thanks guys, I was just getting upset and honestly still dislike the game, I'm a competitive player and like a challenge and like to to earn skill. It takes time to get good at a game (like halo 3) not over power the assault rifle and throw in a SAW and give people armor abilities (halo reach, halo 4) like k'mon now guys seriously? I mean it's nice and all to give noobs a chance with the Assault rifle and long range shotguns, spartan ops, and firefight but this is a competitive game from halo 2,3 and reach and now it's just a noob friendly non-skilled game oh I forgot to mention "ordanences" just straight up jaw dropping I was very very dissatisfied. This isn't halo this is like an advancement of Crysis 3. >.<

It gives a nice unknown factor for every match you play. It is matching and exploiting different abilities. I don't see how this game doesn't take skill. So what if a person has a saw or a long range shotgun? Use cover and your BR. It really isn't that hard.

If Halo Doesnt change..People Complain

If Halo Changes... People Complain

100% agree. OP just wants to complain. I love this game. Last halo I played was 3 and I'm really digging this. I hear people complain about COD like mechanics but they never offer any good alternative ideas. U don't like the current system then kick 343 some ideas that would be better. COD was a great game that forever changed the way we look at FPS's. get over it.

If Halo Doesnt change..People Complain

If Halo Changes... People Complain

I second this. People are so stuck on not moving forward and just leaving things the way they are. They don't like to think outside the box. I've been a halo fan since the beginning and have enjoyed every step of the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Where do all these people that play for the campaign come from? I understand as it is an epic story we have been following for years but it's like, what do you do with the game after you beat the campaign? Go through it a 1,000 more times until you know it by heart? Let it collect dust on your shelf and reminisce about how you killed all of those grunts?

Really, it is just so... lacking in replayability.

Halo 4 is NOTHING like COD gameplay wise, no matter the tiny similarities like loadouts and instaspawns. Gameplay requires a completely different approach, and 10 times more skill to be successful. The average COD player would get like 1 accidental kill and 25 deaths average in slayer as of competition level today. That's why people are gone.

• Like 1

Does no one have a level head and is capable of dynamic reasoning here?

How come people complaining about H4 never give things actually worth complaining about? What is wrong with classes? Is letting players choose between rifles really so bad? It's not as if they've given us swords and rockets...

None of the "haters" ever talk about the lack of smaller maps at launch, lack of objective custom options and classic gametypes, lack of and strange vision of a ranking system. They just say it's CoD.

That's like me looking at the ocean and then at the sky and telling everyone frantically,
"Guys, guys, omg, guys. You know what's totally like the ocean? Well, the sky, because look how blue they are! They must be the same thing! Totally!"

Halo will never play like CoD. Halo 4 plays nothing like CoD. At all.
And I like CoD.

• Like 1