if you were in a type of swat with snipers in it which would you think would be a fair load out

Banehalo

Combos   

9 members have voted

1. 1. which do you like most

• Sniper riffle
    • beam riffle
    • binary riffle
    • i don't like them at all but know what would be good for them
  2. 2. what combo would make a game fair (tell me which one in comments

• have sniper with a (DMR)
    • Beam riffle with a (carbine)
    • Binary riffle with a (light riffle)
    • same form question 1
    • Magma period
  3. 3. armor abillty and package (this is a combo for one loadout )

• A)cloak with mobillty and ammo
    • B)PV with scope raidar and dextarty
    • C)holgram with mobilty and ammo
    • Same form question 1

Some time during Reach I thought of a SWAT gametype that included sniper rifles in one of the loadouts. I don't think it got any other weapon though. The gametype had SWAT settings but loadouts like an actual SWAT team might have, so you had a sniper and a shotgun and stuff as well as a loadout with a DMR (Although to be honest, most "sniper rifles" SWAT teams use are probably more like "marksman rifles"). Loadouts with less versatile weapons (like the shotgun) had other stuff to make up for the lack, like a certain AA or grenades.

I posted the gametype in the B.Net Reach forums at the time and some people seemed to like the idea quite a bit. You just have to be careful to balance the loadouts so that everyone can contribute.

I am lethal with the Beam Rifle, and also I think if you gave someone the option of a DMR/Carbine/L.Rifle then they would use that all game long so I say forget those.

As for a loadout, Camo would be unfair and Promethian vision isn't really fair especially with no radar. So I went with Hologram. We used it in Reach and it was fun. :)

I am lethal with the Beam Rifle, and also I think if you gave someone the option of a DMR/Carbine/L.Rifle then they would use that all game long so I say forget those.

As for a loadout, Camo would be unfair and Promethian vision isn't really fair especially with no radar. So I went with Hologram. We used it in Reach and it was fun. :)

ok i will agree about that but what if it was like a magma for each loadout so you have that close weapon or energy sword?

well you get less damge cause of the shelds gone you need and equal damge protection

I don't think there is significant damage protection in the current SWAT gametype since you kill people in one melee.

I don't think that is a bad thing.

I wouldn't include damage protection to limit a sniper rifle in a SWAT gametype because there's no reason the sniper rifle should kill in two shots while every other gun kills in one. The whole point of SWAT is one-shot kills, usually due to headshots. This expands to become a gametype focused on reaction time, positioning (Being where they're not looking, being where they ARE where you're looking, and being harder to see/shoot), awareness (Hear fast footsteps behind you? Some idiot is going for an assassination), and communication believe it or not (If your team communicates you will be looking where the enemy is and have a sizable advantage). It's all about getting the jump on the other players, and thus a two-shot weapon is pointless.

That being said I'm having a hard time of thinking of a SWAT gametype for Halo 4 that could ever include a sniper rifle without being on a big map. The DMR just has enough accuracy and therefore coverage to do the job of a sniper rifle if no one has any shields. It could have worked in Reach since the DMR had much more dramatic accuracy degeneration in that game, not so much in Halo 4.

I don't think there is significant damage protection in the current SWAT gametype since you kill people in one melee.

I don't think that is a bad thing.

I wouldn't include damage protection to limit a sniper rifle in a SWAT gametype because there's no reason the sniper rifle should kill in two shots while every other gun kills in one. The whole point of SWAT is one-shot kills, usually due to headshots. This expands to become a gametype focused on reaction time, positioning (Being where they're not looking, being where they ARE where you're looking, and being harder to see/shoot), awareness (Hear fast footsteps behind you? Some idiot is going for an assassination), and communication believe it or not (If your team communicates you will be looking where the enemy is and have a sizable advantage). It's all about getting the jump on the other players, and thus a two-shot weapon is pointless.

That being said I'm having a hard time of thinking of a SWAT gametype for Halo 4 that could ever include a sniper rifle without being on a big map. The DMR just has enough accuracy and therefore coverage to do the job of a sniper rifle if no one has any shields. It could have worked in Reach since the DMR had much more dramatic accuracy degeneration in that game, not so much in Halo 4.

well we are having a vary confusing so as soon as i feel like it has been maxed out i will make my final choice