T O lR T A

20 members have voted

1. 1. Camo Campers

• Hate them
    • Love them

Hey guys, you notice how their is this weird blob in your first person screen but ignore it because your radar says no one is their. Oh boy, aren't those people such a joy to the halo community. Isn't it such an amazement when you play some big team and their is that one sniper "hanging out" in the back and sniping. Oh no, you can't see him. You are close to him but can't find him. Oh gosh darn it, he must've ran away......BOOOM! He backsmacks you as if he knew you were always there, you checked your radar, you double checked and he pops out as if he were Houdini's son.

The topic here is camo glitchers/camper.

They really give me a hard time in dominion for sure. I'm all confident in capping a base when I'm sure nobody is their. I have rockets and I feel like a walking tank. I check all the corners for those corner campers and it seems clear. I begin to initiate capture, and I'm sure you can guess what happens next. I lose the base, I lose the game, I yell and why, because this one guy.... camping in the corner with his active camo plus his glitch. If he was using camo like it was meant to be used, it would have been no problem to deal with him considering I will know that he is their by looking at my radar. Tell me how you feel and if you have ever been in this situation give a like to this post. And don't forget to vote on the poll.

• Like 2

When the radar jamming distortion stuff comes on your radar, the player in cammo is actually located at the most concentrated point of it, I mean once you get used to it you can almost locate em off radar before they even see you lol.

I do not find cammo that much of an issue in this game, I now know where the most campy spots are and if there is distortion on radar I can pretty much land a nade on top of em.

I suppose I neither love nor hate em, I am more or less indifferent to it at this stage.

I don't like them, but I look at the radar a lot and when I see all the crap on the radar from the camo I make it a personal mission to kill them. I love it when they are camo'ed and looking right at you and they think you can't see them, then I plant a sticky on their forehead. Many times they are just a nuisance but it's a play style some like so I say let them have at it. Even though they are somewhat invisible, they're not invincible and there are always ways to counter them.

I ALWAYS use camo when sniping. In fact that's about the only use I make of it along with using the DMR with it.

I think it's a perfectly valid tactic, since it's easy to counter. This "glitch" you say you've encountered is probably lag, as I've never had this experience. I say that because I encounter camo and use it a lot.

It is ironic that you complain about the sniping person when you yourself admitted to hogging rockets in a CQC base in dominion. Since you have basically unlimited power in there unless you were fuel-rodded.

Saying that though, I can feel for you against people with camo+shotty weapons. They get annoying quickly. But skill+patience really takes care of them.

I don't mind them. They might get me the first time, but since they are camo camping, they will be in the same spot when you come back. Either flank and look for the concentrated dots on radar if still cloaked, or if the AA is recharging pick them off. Can't flank? Hide behind cover for 15 seconds or whatever then pop out guns a blazing. Not saying its a rule, but generally camo camping snipers are horrible under duress. Easy pickings, and take their rifle too :)

As far as camping in Dom next to a base, easily countered. They may not be visible, but your radar will tell you everything you need to know. I find when defending a base simply kneeling is more effective at catching most people. Hitting the cloak screams "I'm waiting for you...I'm sooo sneaky!!!"

Alright maybe I should have called this post camo glitchers. Mainly that is the problem. It is not lag I have encountered this, I'm not some noob who does not use their radar it is when the enemy is able to use their came without their radar jammer. Now you know what I mean. I know where camo guys are and what not, I know how to deal with them. But when they don't show up on radar and they are invisible, that is when I draw the line.

• Like 1

Bottom line is that we are Spartans! Not some sissy little annoying twerps who need to hide in a battle. Go play with your Barbies while we do all the work you stupid little camo woosies. Sssoooo um, I bet you can't guess if I hate them or not?

And when they're constantly the best on the team for quite a decent amount of games?

I think that opinion should change.

I am not patient enough to sit there and watch the game go by waiting for some chump to turn the wrong corner. I have a more engaging approach when it comes to my playstyle, the the camper mindset to me is just totally passive.

Well that is you, there are people that have nothing better to do than wait... then wait... then wait... then wait... kill... then wait, then this process repeats. It's ridiculous that people waste their time doing this. It is effective though because not alot of people do it, so when it happens, it sucks.

And when they're constantly the best on the team for quite a decent amount of games?

I think that opinion should change.

Why would I change my opinion If you work TOGETHER as a team and roll together as a team then it's absolutely dominating. Those who like to hide and pull the lone-wolf crap are not a part of the team. They are usually the ones who care so much about their K/D that they would let a friend die because their shields are recharging. The ONLY reason I would ever consider using camo is if I just opened a bag of Doritos and didn't care about my team dying.

• Like 2

Camo campers?

First of all, settle the fact that Camo-camping and Camo-sniping are different. Camping would be like sitting behind a corner, or your own base on Ragnarok, and looking out for someone. Camo SNIPING would be much more teamwork based; he would get onto a ledge, get into camo, call out, snipe, cover, etc. for his team. Much more aggressive.

Now, about camping? Its boring. Why would you sit around a spot, waiting for someone to come by for hours....just for 1 kill? Thats easy enough to get just by running and punching.

• Like 1

Camo campers?

First of all, settle the fact that Camo-camping and Camo-sniping are different. Camping would be like sitting behind a corner, or your own base on Ragnarok, and looking out for someone. Camo SNIPING would be much more teamwork based; he would get onto a ledge, get into camo, call out, snipe, cover, etc. for his team. Much more aggressive.

Now, about camping? Its boring. Why would you sit around a spot, waiting for someone to come by for hours....just for 1 kill? Thats easy enough to get just by running and punching.

Exactly, and what if that 1 kill was from you, when you thought you were in the clear, this random guy pops out of nowhere and gets ya. Also I see sniping as camping. That is my opinion. If you stay in one spot too long, you're camping. Not everyone can snapshot, but no matter what, it is camping.

• Like 1