Halo 4 is a disgrace.

FatalRecoiil

343 isn't Bungie. They don't want to be. They needed to make Halo 4 THEIR game, and they did, albeit not flawlessly. I'm looking forward to the next Halo's that will come out in the future. In the meantime, I'm enjoying playing this one.

No they are not, well that said they are not really that different they are the game developers who do what microsoft tell em, same as bungie to an extent, also its microsofts game not theirs they were just tasked with making it.

Despite all the bad I enjoy the game when I play but admit its like a sad sideshow when compared with 1-3, without the title and the ad campaign that was mega I wonder how far this game would have gotten??

Cannot say I am overwhelmed by the prospect of further Halo games, I was giddy with exciement about this one but alas the faith is gone and so has Halo in many ways (I mean this for me personally save the rants).

I cant dequire i simply cant...

Insert facepalm here.

Can't what???

-see beyond the obvious

-make sense of nonsense

-play halo well at all

-run a bath to clean yourself once in a while

-accept the opinions of others

-run naked through the street covered in green Jello

I mean seriously man explain yourself...............................................................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

If some guy decided to put in the time and effort to learn maps like the back of your hand and time weapons/power-ups spawns, and learned the best ways to flank enemies and find angles on maps while you don't, who do you honestly think should win?

No i should beat you because i got a better spawn or rockets happened to spawn next to me randomly! lolz xD

about that cod comment or w/e i simply said in terms of sales and online activity cod mw3 is more populated then halo 4 now.. :/

No i should beat you because i got a better spawn or rockets happened to spawn next to me randomly! lolz xD

about that cod comment or w/e i simply said in terms of sales and online activity cod mw3 is more populated then halo 4 now.. :/

Knowing the map well will still give you an advantage due to sniping points, good corners, dead ends, cliffs, and etc. Knowing the terrain can give you a big boost if you know how to utilize it.

And seriously? Sales and online activity? Let's just talk about gameplay wise here for a second. CoD hasn't changed at ALL in the last few years. AT ALL. They sell so well because CoD fags piss themselves at the mention of another game. And while I admit Black Ops 2 did a better job then most of the other's, online play and sales is no excuse to "popularity". There is more to it than that. A LOT of small but incredible games get few sales because fewer people know/care about it, and thus smaller online activity, but they're still incredible games.

The fact that people think only online play exists is starting to piss me off horribly.

What's your GT? I'll add you as I'm am always looking to 1v1 competitive players. Also I like that guide you have been posting everywhere. You plan on expanding in it?

Edit: Nevermind, don't know how I missed your GT in the post

Yea ive been working on a new one thats more in depth. I made the first one for competitive gamers by getting back to basics and posting new info about the game. I realize there wasnt alot of moderate info in it because i figured there wasn't much i could tell the competitive community that they didnt already know. But ima drop the finished version here and few other places.

Edit: dequire you realize this is a match making based conversation? Nowhere in my original post did i mention spartan ops or campaign. And my offer still stands. Im waitin for you to prove im a bad player and cant play the game.

Knowing the map well will still give you an advantage due to sniping points, good corners, dead ends, cliffs, and etc. Knowing the terrain can give you a big boost if you know how to utilize it.

And seriously? Sales and online activity? Let's just talk about gameplay wise here for a second. CoD hasn't changed at ALL in the last few years. AT ALL. They sell so well because CoD fags piss themselves at the mention of another game. And while I admit Black Ops 2 did a better job then most of the other's, online play and sales is no excuse to "popularity". There is more to it than that. A LOT of small but incredible games get few sales because fewer people know/care about it, and thus smaller online activity, but they're still incredible games.

The fact that people think only online play exists is starting to piss me off horribly.

um they changed guns bro i haven't played as much cod to go into what is changed and not but it sells so it works.. gameplay wise cod is a game that companies need to look at and apply. Change is good but look at the small change in cod and still it gives amazing success. Now look at halo. From halo 3 to reach a massive change and in a year it was dead.. From 3 to 4 Now almost everything was changed and were in month 5 and lets face in from a halo standpoint this game is dead. This is a MM conversation we do not care about the 4 hour campaign we beat were on the mm issue.

I may complain about issues but i don't feel i'm complaining because i'm bad Most of the time I'm winning and going postive and still have issues with this game.

Edited by TornadoFlame

^^^^ Pretty much agree with what Tornado has said, well I guess it would be good if they learned from this but lets face it big advertising and a big name got them good sales figures and no doubt they will think its down to their poor game instead of realisisng its down to bungies prior excellence (not including reach in this statement).

• Like 1

this is like a remake of halo 1 if you played it you know there were problems with it halo 2 was better then halo 3 was there best cause they hit off forge which made people get it and forge and play on them. halo 4 is the same thing forge is better the graphics amazing and the location of weapons make's it easyer to find. halo 4 is the rebirth to save it from where it was going to go a bottomless deep of nothing so just cause you think it's unfair doesn't mean you need to think 5 and 6 will be the same keep and open mind. don't judge it by bugs that could be fixs by us the players focus on what the game brings. this is my idea of the game it's much better than reach it make's halo 3 was poop ( which it was) and when your bored of campang you can do spartin ops and get better at killing.

just cause you hate it doesn't mean that 343i should drop dead cause of it this is the first ever non bungie helped game for halo so they will need to see what need's worked on.

Yeah Yeah we all know this is not Halo as we once knew and loved it, it pales in comparison to its predecessors.

I often play the game and feel that it might as well have been called something entirely different!!

All in all its a good game where as Halo 1-3 were great games. I guess thats just the way of things.

Again this comes back to Microsoft. Why I hear you ask? Well don't you think it's funny how 343 came out and basically apologised for Halo 4? Why would they do this? Why would they release a game they know is not finished? Or are unhappy with? Simple answer is Microsoft wouldn't give them the time they required. Why do you think there was no beta? Simply put Microsoft wanted Halo 4 out in November whatever state the game was in, and that's what we got.

There is a lot wrong with Halo 4, but there is a lot right with it.

If one lesson can be learnt from all this, it hen simply out Mr Microsoft dam the deadlines and let 343 release the game when they feel its ready.

343 needed another 6 months which Microsoft wouldn't allow

• Like 2

Again this comes back to Microsoft. Why I hear you ask? Well don't you think it's funny how 343 came out and basically apologised for Halo 4? Why would they do this? Why would they release a game they know is not finished? Or are unhappy with? Simple answer is Microsoft wouldn't give them the time they required. Why do you think there was no beta? Simply put Microsoft wanted Halo 4 out in November whatever state the game was in, and that's what we got.

There is a lot wrong with Halo 4, but there is a lot right with it.

If one lesson can be learnt from all this, it hen simply out Mr Microsoft dam the deadlines and let 343 release the game when they feel its ready.

343 needed another 6 months which Microsoft wouldn't allow

This is all very true. Nice points, Jester.

I disagree completely yeah sure halo 4 has its and bad points but doesn't every previous Halo jeez you can't expect a game 2 be perfect for you in every way its impossible. Complaining about 1 hit weapons is pointless every gun has a flaw and its not that hard to kill a person wielding a scattershot or incineration cannon etc 343 has done a good job in my opinion being able 2 sprint and still use armour abilities brings more variety and challenge 2 the game faster spawning means more action at a faster pace. This I personally love. I've played all halo games over a period of 11 years I miss some of the old things and simplicity of the old designs but at the same time love the new load outs weapons and armour abilities 343 have brought with them. The change is good in my view

Today when i start halo4 i have all reset (not rank) all the rest.now i found that i lost all t record of campaign missions so i cant try the weekly challenge on midnight i just have the prologue and the dawn missions when i finish LASO already , its so annoying cause isnt the first time or the second,have to remake all classes,spartan armour..I was SR76 and after playing 1 mission on spartan ops i was rank77 and the game says i unlocked wetwork SHRD helmet but i didnt cause normaly its unlocked at rank wetwork-9

Halo 4 is full of glitches and now have to play all the campaign again just to complete a weekly challenge so retarded...that and the fact

the game says i never beat it on solo or co-op nothing all the gameplay hours to the trash just another day on 343 office i guess!

SORRY FOR THE ENGLISH

Ive been a competitive halo player since 2004. Nine years of my life have been influenced by the halo series to an extent. Ive played well over a thousand hours on Xbox Live in halo 2 and 3 alone. I know what I'm talking about when i tell you this game is bad. Let me explain why.

(I touched up your grammar errors)

^^This, just discredited your entire post. Who are you to say that play time equates to knowing how and why things are bad? Very arrogant my friend. Armor abilities are an extension of equipment pick-ups from Halo 3. Furthermore, things like Promethian Vision, Jetpacks and Sprint, were all planned and half coded items still found in the Halo 2 tag structure. So that point is moot. Get over it.

The weapons are fine. I'm tired of hearing all you guys crying about how the Assault Rifle is OP. Why is it OP? Oh I get it..because you can't pick-up your one trick pony precision weapons and dominate every player? Again, get over yourself. Precision weapons

by every crybaby's standard, are the only weapons that should be able to kill at any range 100% of the time. On the topic of the BR...if you really believe the spread of it is the worst of the series, show some extracted tag data to prove it. Otherwise, keep that kind of guess work crap to yourself. It isn't the worst spread, and it is exactly the same as it was in Halo 3. The only thing different that makes the player assume it is greater, is the contrail they added to the bullets.

The spawn system was an honest attempt to get more people playtime..instead of the constant waiting around in camera view to respawn. Granted yes, it could have been tweaked to work much better. But in the end, a larger majority of players would rather respawn instantly, rather than wait at an increasing rate depending on how or why they died. This is purely up to your own preference and cannot be argued properly with any fact or reasoning.

Maps have always sucked since Halo 3. Construct was the only good map out of the bunch. Certain Affinity does the multiplayer maps, so you directing that hate towards 343i is unwarranted. Ranking systems don't make games great btw. The players and their individual playstyle and imagination make a game great.

I'm confused. You blast 343i for murdering the series and want a more classic Halo return. But then you go onto say that Halo CE spawn system sucked as bad as Reach and Halo 4? Obviously classic means something different to you, than it does someone else. You don't want to play Halo 4 or even buy Halo 5? Fine, then don't. Quit crying about it already. You really want the developers to listen to your **** filled statements and take the community seriously? Have you re-read anything you have written, or others have written directed at 343i? And you really, really want them to listen with a serious ear? My god...just stop.

Here's a tip. next time you want to start post here about something like this, I suggest you phrase your opening statement as follows...

I'm a complete ********* who has dedicated my life to video games and no social life or worth while overall goals in life like a job or education. I'm going to ram my half assed comments about the game down your throats now because I think I know better than everyone because I have been playing Halo since the beginning. Oh yeah, that's right, Halo came out before 2004...oh well. maybe no one will notice?

• Like 2

Not a disgrace whatsoever, it's actually my best in means of multiplayer besides Halo 3, I can cope with all the weapons, I think all of the weapons are good and if someone has an OP weapon against you, why don't you show them by killing them like a boss instead? I've heard these arguments before. Halo 4 is fine, get over it.

(I touched up your grammar errors)

^^This, just discredited your entire post. Who are you to say that play time equates to knowing how and why things are bad? Very arrogant my friend. Armor abilities are an extension of equipment pick-ups from Halo 3. Furthermore, things like Promethian Vision, Jetpacks and Sprint, were all planned and half coded items still found in the Halo 2 tag structure. So that point is moot. Get over it.

The weapons are fine. I'm tired of hearing all you guys crying about how the Assault Rifle is OP. Why is it OP? Oh I get it..because you can't pick-up your one trick pony precision weapons and dominate every player? Again, get over yourself. Precision weapons

by every crybaby's standard, are the only weapons that should be able to kill at any range 100% of the time. On the topic of the BR...if you really believe the spread of it is the worst of the series, show some extracted tag data to prove it. Otherwise, keep that kind of guess work crap to yourself. It isn't the worst spread, and it is exactly the same as it was in Halo 3. The only thing different that makes the player assume it is greater, is the contrail they added to the bullets.

The spawn system was an honest attempt to get more people playtime..instead of the constant waiting around in camera view to respawn. Granted yes, it could have been tweaked to work much better. But in the end, a larger majority of players would rather respawn instantly, rather than wait at an increasing rate depending on how or why they died. This is purely up to your own preference and cannot be argued properly with any fact or reasoning.

Maps have always sucked since Halo 3. Construct was the only good map out of the bunch. Certain Affinity does the multiplayer maps, so you directing that hate towards 343i is unwarranted. Ranking systems don't make games great btw. The players and their individual playstyle and imagination make a game great.

I'm confused. You blast 343i for murdering the series and want a more classic Halo return. But then you go onto say that Halo CE spawn system sucked as bad as Reach and Halo 4? Obviously classic means something different to you, than it does someone else. You don't want to play Halo 4 or even buy Halo 5? Fine, then don't. Quit crying about it already. You really want the developers to listen to your **** filled statements and take the community seriously? Have you re-read anything you have written, or others have written directed at 343i? And you really, really want them to listen with a serious ear? My god...just stop.

Here's a tip. next time you want to start post here about something like this, I suggest you phrase your opening statement as follows...

weapons are fine? that is why 1 gun can always dominate every other gun on every level of the game. The guns are extremely unbalanced.

a larger majority would rather want instant respawn? so thats why everyones complaining about it and the population has went from 450k to a mere 45k.

halo 3 maps are ok that seems your opionon.

Yeah the op might have came out looking like rude or w/e but no reason for you to go on his level my good sir. there is alot of things wrong with this game and so few right.

Tornado, anyone can dominate someone with ANY gun. using a gun is up to YOU. The gun you use does not dictate whether or not you will emerge victorious. How many times have you seen people with rockets, get completely decimated by someone with a magnum or even an assault rifle. Just because you get killed by the same weapon being weilded, does not mean that particular weapon is OP or unbalanced. Everything has a counter in the game...you just need to find it and use it effectively.

Instant respawn had been widely accepted. Don't try using those population figures to try to say that instant respawn is the sole reason why there is any fluxuation in population. that's just you "trying" to prove your opinion as fact. FACT is, no one can say exactly why or how the population is fluxuating the way it is. It's all to easy to point to somethign and say "Look at the population! it must be (insert claim here)". Please try to formulate a better rebutle.

And since when am I known as beign Mr Niceguy? People like this OP only understand one thing...low level straight to the point replies. I see no reason to be nice or even play nice to anyone, and I will continue to not do so. Tough love is my style...you should be used to that by now.