Didact Dead or Alive?

XenoPrometheanRunnerX98

• 3 weeks later...

Well considering all the long falls of the halo games starting with Noble 6. He survived the fall back to reach while only hurting a leg. Master chief survived a fall from space while getting hit by burning space ships. Its only natural that the did act is still alive. Besides, the forerunners are much more advanced than the humans. I am sure that the didacts armour saved him.

• 2 weeks later...

That is the entire point. I suspect that he might try working with us against something in the next game to show how he has changed.

I think this is where Bornstellar (the isoDidact) will make his appearance, and the two Didacts will face off. isoDidact & UNSC vs. Ur-Didact & Storm faction.

Edited by Hᴜᴍᴘsᴛʏʟᴇs

I think this is where Bornstellar (the isoDidact) will make his appearance, and the two Didacts will face off. isoDidact & UNSC vs. Ur-Didact & Storm faction.

Where was Borestellar at when he activated the Halos? You would think that he wouldn't have been in a Shield World or other protective Installation (besides the Ark) to save himself.

Anyway the Didact is waay too important a Character. He experimented on himself before the Halo Activation to prevent himself from being infected by the Flood, but turned immune to Composure in the process. I'm sure that he could have been transported back to Requiem (like how all the people in New Phoenix were transported there and turned into Prometheans), but was not turned due to immunity. I'm confident that most of this is true so if it isn't please enlighten me lol

Seeing how Requiem crashed into a Star 6 months later, there's no telling where he could have gone. Plus in my opinion I'm thinking that the Didact thinks that the Chief is now a worthy competitor and maybe would like some hand to hand combat or something, idk just a thought.

I personally would find it very interesting to see the Ur-Didact redeem himself. Somehow he doesn't feel evil in the sense of, say, the Prophets, or ONI for that matter.

He believes he is protecting us in some way; remember his final speech: "So misguided. Humanity's imprisonment...is a kindness." It would be interesting to see what he meant by that, and what he thinks he's protecting the humans from. It also makes me, personally, believe that he is not 100% evil, just prejudiced against humans. 

I feel that he is being portrayed very similarly to the Covenant in Combat Evolved, just the ending was more underwhelming.

We knew very little about the Covenant in Combat Evolved except that they wanted to go and kill themselves because that is what they believed. Similar to the Didact just wants to eradicate humanity because that is what he believes.

I personally would find it very interesting to see the Ur-Didact redeem himself. Somehow he doesn't feel evil in the sense of, say, the Prophets, or ONI for that matter.

He believes he is protecting us in some way; remember his final speech: "So misguided. Humanity's imprisonment...is a kindness." It would be interesting to see what he meant by that, and what he thinks he's protecting the humans from. It also makes me, personally, believe that he is not 100% evil, just prejudiced against humans. 

I feel that he is being portrayed very similarly to the Covenant in Combat Evolved, just the ending was more underwhelming.

We knew very little about the Covenant in Combat Evolved except that they wanted to go and kill themselves because that is what they believed. Similar to the Didact just wants to eradicate humanity because that is what he believes.

To tie in what both of you said, I think the key word you're missing is "deluded". The Covenant were deluded by the Prophets about The Great Journey, just as Ur-Didact is deluded that the Mantle isn't earned, it is taken by force. This is why he is unleashing an attack on humanity, just as the Covenant did (kinda).

I think in H5, Ur-Didact (yes, I believe he's still alive), is going to come to his senses because the Flood will return. With his decimated numbers of Prometheans, he's not going to stand a chance against them. Either this, or Bornstellar will return and teach Ur-Didact a thing or two about common courtesy.

Someone once said that the Humans, Covenant, and the Forerunners will eventually need to join forces to face something more devastating than themselves. I think the only thing that could be are the Precursors (in Flood form, of course), with Mendicant Bias at the helm.

Where was Borestellar at when he activated the Halos? You would think that he wouldn't have been in a Shield World or other protective Installation (besides the Ark) to save himself.

Anyway the Didact is waay too important a Character. He experimented on himself before the Halo Activation to prevent himself from being infected by the Flood, but turned immune to Composure in the process. I'm sure that he could have been transported back to Requiem (like how all the people in New Phoenix were transported there and turned into Prometheans), but was not turned due to immunity. I'm confident that most of this is true so if it isn't please enlighten me lol

Seeing how Requiem crashed into a Star 6 months later, there's no telling where he could have gone. Plus in my opinion I'm thinking that the Didact thinks that the Chief is now a worthy competitor and maybe would like some hand to hand combat or something, idk just a thought.

I thought that Bornstellar was the one that activated the Array himself? Isn't that where his famous line "Forgive us" comes from?

Edited by Hᴜᴍᴘsᴛʏʟᴇs
  • Like 2

To tie in what both of you said, I think the key word you're missing is "deluded". The Covenant were deluded by the Prophets about The Great Journey, just as Ur-Didact is deluded that the Mantle isn't earned, it is taken by force. This is why he is unleashing an attack on humanity, just as the Covenant did (kinda).

I think in H5, Ur-Didact (yes, I believe he's still alive), is going to come to his senses because the Flood will return. With his decimated numbers of Prometheans, he's not going to stand a chance against them. Either this, or Bornstellar will return and teach Ur-Didact a thing or two about common courtesy.

Someone once said that the Humans, Covenant, and the Forerunners will eventually need to join forces to face something more devastating than themselves. I think the only thing that could be are the Precursors (in Flood form, of course), with Mendicant Bias at the helm.

I thought that Bornstellar was the one that activated the Array himself? Isn't that where his famous line "Forgive us" comes from?

He did activate the rings on the Ark, and survived the firing of the rings. He lived to see humans re-seeded on Earth, but I don't know if he's still alive. 

The Bornstellar Didact and the Ur Didact/ Librarian triangle is an old plot device with a twist, the same man/forerunner instead of another man. It's quite intricate.

The Ur Didact. Why does he despise humanity? Is it because of the war that he was forced to wield against us? Is it because his wife dedicated everything to us to ensure we would take over the mantle once the word was given that the halo's would be fired? Does he blame us for the destruction of his people and their Empire? Does his hate stem from the forerunners inability to stop the flood and his wife's confidence in humanities qualities to be better than them?

What else can anyone see that can add to the Q's here.

• Like 1

The Bornstellar Didact and the Ur Didact/ Librarian triangle is an old plot device with a twist, the same man/forerunner instead of another man. It's quite intricate.

The Ur Didact. Why does he despise humanity? Is it because of the war that he was forced to wield against us? Is it because his wife dedicated everything to us to ensure we would take over the mantle once the word was given that the halo's would be fired? Does he blame us for the destruction of his people and their Empire? Does his hate stem from the forerunners inability to stop the flood and his wife's confidence in humanities qualities to be better than them?

What else can anyone see that can add to the Q's here.

Very strong questions.

I think 343i has their hands full with the amount of emotion and personal feelings involved with that triangle you're speaking of. They each play a very strong role, which is why I think Bornstellar Didact should make a reappearance, whether it's in the Reclaimer Saga or not.

• Like 1

I believe he is still alive, first of all in the end during the epilogue he talks about events after his death, like when he says he is "Accused of the sin of forerunner ascension." that is from using the composer, and I believe he is saying this after using it in New Phoenix, he also confirms a forerunner return at the ending when he says, "the Reclamation has already begun" Though this could be when he was being locked up by the librarian. Also why would the kill the antagonist off in the first game, it makes no sense. He even fired the composer on chief and he withstood it, if chief can, then the Didact certainly can withstand his own weapon.

I believe he is still alive, first of all in the end during the epilogue he talks about events after his death, like when he says he is "Accused of the sin of forerunner ascension." that is from using the composer, and I believe he is saying this after using it in New Phoenix, he also confirms a forerunner return at the ending when he says, "the Reclamation has already begun" Though this could be when he was being locked up by the librarian. Also why would the kill the antagonist off in the first game, it makes no sense. He even fired the composer on chief and he withstood it, if chief can, then the Didact certainly can withstand his own weapon.

Yes the Ur Didact can withstand his own tech as well as just about anything we throw at him, in the C.E vids his last metamorphosis made immune to the composer but still vulnerable to the flood. I agree and millions of us out there do as well believe he transported to another Promethean installation where as you said he was addressing an audience, whether they were his prometheans or actual forerunners of different castes is yet to be revealed. He's out there somewhere. I bet he took a fragment of cortana with him without him knowing it.

He could have been addressing a group of old copied forerunners, memory dummies, as he asks why they accuse him. In H4 he came out of stasis full of wrath because of his wife's betrayal. He spent a 100,000 years alive and conscious in stasis and quite possibly the only living forerunner left alive anywhere so his anger would be psychotic in level but time usually changes you and in his case he should of come out a gibbering mess.

And Bornstellar, What happened to him? Is he dead? Here's the kicker. Why would the top echelon race in our galaxy decide to suicide when the halos fired? Why didn't they disperse and go off beyond the rim?

A grenade was planted in his chest, exploded, which led him to falling off a bridge into a forerunner weapon of mass destruction, and plummet down to the earth. 

You know, logically, I'm pretty sure he'd be dead...

But then again, he's the didact. 343 will most likely keep him alive in some impossible way.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

He is defiantly alive remember what was powering the composer was a Slipspace portal and that is what he fell into so he could have been transported anywhere if you read the book Ghosts Of Onyx the Forerunners were experts at manipulating subspace so who knows

• 4 weeks later...

The slipspace event, otherwise known as the orange portal, only acted as an exhaust port. It only opened a portal to random point in space to allow excess energy a way out. When the Didact fell in, he was sent to THAT spot. And for the question about him surviving in vacuum, if Forerunners could cause supernovae and build artificial planets, don't you think they would put a little protection around the Commander of the ENTIRE Forerunner army so he could survive in a little vacuum?

The slipspace event, otherwise known as the orange portal, only acted as an exhaust port. It only opened a portal to random point in space to allow excess energy a way out. When the Didact fell in, he was sent to THAT spot. And for the question about him surviving in vacuum, if Forerunners could cause supernovae and build artificial planets, don't you think they would put a little protection around the Commander of the ENTIRE Forerunner army so he could survive in a little vacuum?

Exactly :)

• 2 weeks later...

I can image him returning in Halo 6. Halo 5 can build up to getting Cortana back and defeating the Didact once and for all. I think he's still alive. We hear him talking at the end of Halo 4. I'm not sure if it's only on legendary campaign but we here him talking about how humanity is one of the Universe's biggest threats and anyone who disagrees with that must be blind. (Something like that). I'm pretty sure he is still out there somewhere.