"Meet Your Maker" Infinity Slayer Question and Answer thread.

Absolute Dog

When the parameters say "-no significant frame rate issues," does this include split screen play? I have a 4v4 map that plays perfectly smooth with a single player per screen, but there are frame rate issues in split screen.

I appreciate the question. For this contest it will not be a factor for split screen play. If there is a design/aesthetic balance that can be achieved with a variation that does not have the split screen issues, it would be worth forging for future contests. Good luck with your entry.
  • Like 2

How can you meet the judges if you are not from the U.S.A? Maybe a silly question but does that mean anybody overseas doesn't have a chance at winning as they don't want to make the winner miss out on a chance to meet the judges etc?

I'd assume it would be over Skype. Don't take my word for it, but it seems more logical.

EDIT: Whoops wrong quote, fixed.

will THFE and 343 thoroughly test out the maps and look at ALL of them submitted? it would be so awesome if i won, considering that i'm only 13. PLEASE REPLY i am really nervous about who will win. this means alot to me :/

I'm pretty stoked that you're so excited and anxious about the map sir.  As far as I know, everyone will get a fair shake in this contest and all maps will be reviewed/play tested.  The final outcome, as I hear it, will be based on 343/THFE/Community response and voting.  I also believe that the testing will be done through limited host(s) so that the testers do not know who built the map unless it has been widely played before.  This should keep any bias out of the process and give you an even shot at the win.  With all of this in mind, and considering the amount of submissions, I have to assume that some maps will be looked over quickly and not receive the same attention as some others if they are clearly not built up to a certain standard.  This isn't to say that aesthetics will take the gold, but it's clear to me that maps with bad seams, poor functioning lifts, excessive "Z fighting", etc., will not make it through the first pass.  I hope that you feel like your map is clean and ready for the show.  And if it weren't for me trying to take home the top prize, I'd wish you the best of luck as well.  I guess forget that, good luck sir... just hopefully not as much luck as myself!  Forge on!

• Like 1

GT: MisterrQuentin

Map name: Atmosphere

Gametypes: Slayer - FFA (up to 16 players) - BTB - CTF - KOTH - Oddball - Extraction.

Video of the map http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQIHMsF7Jjw&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Absolute Dog
Post is noted, but does belong in the submission thread. Please move there upon next visit.
  • Like 1

When the map is submitted, will it solely be played on infinity slayer. Like if we also made it compatible with KOTH or extraction, would you also play the map on a gametype such as this, or only infinity slayer.

Maps are being judged for their Infinity slayer components, play ability and design. The maps that win will receive the noted prizes, but all maps deemed 'playable' will be used in a "Meet Your Maker" play date to be announced soon. This play date will include any judge able to attend and any map maker willing to attend plus any member of the community that wishes to play them. At that point we will most likely play a variety of game types supported by the maps.

How can you meet the judges if you are not from the U.S.A? Maybe a silly question but does that mean anybody overseas doesn't have a chance at winning as they don't want to make the winner miss out on a chance to meet the judges etc?

You will meet them either via XBL or Skype, depending on what platform is most suitable for the group. Skype would be the preferred platform as we can record the meeting while showing walk through and game play of winning maps.

I just posted my 4v4 map of the Meet your Maker forum and now I can't open that forum anymore? WHY?

The same as Canadian Echo, I posted my map submission and now I can't get back in the forum. I submitted it from my facebook account.

I believe since CanadiaEcho has 'Liked' maps since this comment it has resolved itself. There may have been a temporary issue with your search engine. If it continues, please send me a PM, Private Message, directly.

I'd assume it would be over Skype. Don't take my word for it, but it seems more logical.

Either the member miss quoted or miss answered the question, but I have given the proper response above.  :up:

will THFE and 343 thoroughly test out the maps and look at ALL of them submitted? it would be so awesome if i won, considering that i'm only 13. PLEASE REPLY i am really nervous about who will win. this means alot to me :/

Will we be playtesting our map with the judges or will only the judges play each map?

THFE and 343i.org and the judges will assess all submitted maps. As the process moves through the judging stages maps will be play tested by us and then they will be tested by a select group of competitive players to help ensure the best possible overall assessment of each map that has met the standards set forth in the contest and has been deemed worthy enough for extended efforts.

Please remember, this is the first in a series of forge contest we will hold. There will be more chances in the future to submit new maps, refine one previously submitted and to explore different game types. THFE, 343i.org and our affiliates are all driven to offer forgers a quality environment to promote their maps and their talent to the community at large. Many maps that do not win may still various types of notoriety. Just watch and see the contest play out.

• Like 1

I just want to make the firm deadline for submissions clear.  According to the contest thread, submissions will be due by end of day on the 8th correct, since the deadline is 12:00am on the 9th?  If this is the case, then I hope there aren't Forgers out there that mistake the 9th as the last day that they are able to submit, since the deadline will have been closed.

• Like 1

I just want to make the firm deadline for submissions clear.  According to the contest thread, submissions will be due by end of day on the 8th correct, since the deadline is 12:00am on the 9th?  If this is the case, then I hope there aren't Forgers out there that mistake the 9th as the last day that they are able to submit, since the deadline will have been closed.

Great question. I should have noted it as 11:59 PM EST March 9th. This still, either way it is seen, will allow forges to submit right up until March 9th right up until the stroke of midnight

Thanks Urban for pointing this out.

• Like 1

Great question. I should have noted it as 11:59 PM EST March 9th. This still, either way it is seen, will allow forges to submit right up until March 9th right up until the stroke of midnight

Thanks Urban for pointing this out.

Thank you for the important clarification there AD!  It eases my mind a bit to know that I'll have Saturday for testing/tweaks.  My Forging takes time, a lot of it, so the extra hours will really help me polish the edges.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...