Ambush Raceway

Dr Element

Dr Element (Bob) Scotland!!

I made a map in Halo 3 that involved killing as well as racing. Some team members would stay back and launch ambushes on the racers to stop them scoring points. Its back and has become one of my most popular games. I present to you Ambush Raceway...

halo4_00_bbbDefendersAmbush_zpse444b2a0.

The raceways original use was for experiments on accelerating particals to high speeds. Now, the spartans practice mongoose takedowns.

Gamertag - Dr Element

Map - Ambush Raceway

Gametype - Ambush Raceway

Description - Two teams of at least four players (More is better) race around a simple circuit whilst preforming drive bys. A few members of each team stay behind at the ambush area and launch attacks on the other teams racers to prevent them scoring points. The racers pass through two checkpoints per lap, i found an alternative method to stop cheaters stopping in the checkpoint because i needed the one way shields elsewhere. After each checkpoint there is a pit stop on the left for your passenger to fill up on ammo and collect power wepons, there is also a mongoose spawn here incase yours is damaged. To stop people camping outside of the checkpoint i fitted a soft kill zone, the racers have no trouble passing trough this, also to prevent camping further anyone not on a mongoose here will loose running speed and shields. The track itself is simple, what makes it challenging is dodging bullets, ambushes, crates and abandoned mongooses. On the straight there is a man cannon speed boost that involves taking the prior corner correctly. The ambush areas provide basic guns and mongooses with fine tuned spawn times. There is cover to pounce on the racers from and crates suspended above that allow ambushers to blast down and cause a roadblock . Dominion turrets at the back of the spawn area protect your weapons and people respawning.

Theres also a film clip showing off a few tircks on how to play the map. This game was one of my favourites.

More information and pictures...

halo4_03_bbbcratedrop_zps71b02e45.jpg

Here you can see the crates that can be deployed to make passing through the ambush harder. Tip - Try shooting the mine just as racers come around the corner, this will suprise them and usually result in a crash.

halo4_00_bbbDefendersAmbush_zpse444b2a0.

A view of the ambush area. The team mongoose, weapon and spartan spawn area is to the right.

halo4_01_bbbpitstop_zpsdbb0fb5e.jpg

The pit stop provides the best guns in the game and gives passengers a full pack of grenades. Tip - Keep in mind that carrying lots of good weapons only to get killed in an ambush allows the opponents to pick up your power weapons and use them against your team.

halo4_02_bbbattackersambush_zps9a60df4e.

An example of a failed ambush. Tip - If the opposing team puts alot of players on ambush duties it can be hard to get past, remember these players are not scoring points and it means your team doesnt need so many players on ambush duties, rally your racers together and stop at the pit stop to ammo up then race towards the ambush together, the opposing team will struggle to stop you all. Its also a good idea to send a lone racer in first as fodder to distract them from the mojority of your teams racers.

AmbushRacewayMap_zps46031094.jpg

A map and overview of the map.

Id like to have given the map more visual details but the budget caught me out. I always focus on gameplay first.

Also check out my banshee version - Ambush Airway

Please feel free to browse my fileshare and check out my other maps posted here, all are tagged with - Dr Elelemt. Every one of my maps has had hours of testing! Example, destruction derby was created in November, but only now have i released it! If you want to request more of my maps that are in the pipeline but not yet fileshare release worthy, please feel free to message my gamertag!

I hope you enjoy this as much as me and my friends have :) Dr Element

• Like 2

You loose your shields when standing because theres a trait zone causing it, the trait zone is very low so your feet activate it, when on a mongoose the whole of your spartan is above it so its not active. It does the job of stopping campers in that area, anyone who runs past the sign soon comes running back.

Thanks, let me know how it goes, id love to see a saved film of the action.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made this map ages ago but still i cant get enough of it either! I will be updating the gametype within the next week after testing the removal of the thruster pack. Players have been using this to thrust through the one way shield doors. I will either remove this loadout completely or add a new armour ability. But as with all my edits i will need a few games of testing before this change is released.

• 8 months later...