New Halo 4 Update

Dog

image_32888_thumb_wide300.jpg

Halo 4 is bringing us Team Snipers and Double Teams Next Week!

As detailed on Halo Waypoint , the playlist re-introduces Team Snipers, which pits four players against four in a race to land 60 kills lasting no longer than 12 minutes. The only permitted weapons are UNSC sniper rifles with unlimited ammo, and you'll have to do without such mind-atrophying luxuries as death cams, motion trackers, ordnance or grenades. These are the tools of lesser Spartans, my friends. They'll make you soft. You don't want to go soft, do you?

Players with shorter attention spans may prefer Shotty Snipers, which is much as above except with grenades and shotguns. According to 343's Jessica Shea, "we'll be launching the playlist with several medium-sized maps - slightly modified versions of Haven, Abandon and some Forge favorites will be available.

"Also, we're in the process of building additional new Snipers game types that we'll introduce in upcoming weeks. For those of you wondering about the duration of the Team Snipers playlist fear not - we plan on keeping it around for a while."

Also due for drop on Monday is Team Objective, which groups together 4 vs 4 Team Regicide, Oddball and King of the Hill. "The biggest changes you'll see to these game types are that Complex Oddball has been removed," notes Shea, "and instant respawn has been disabled for both KoTH and Oddball."

The developer will also tweak this week's Team Doubles playlist in response to complaints about abuse of Ordnance Drops - come Monday, you won't be able to call in Rocket Launchers, Incineration Cannons, sniper rifles or Overshields while rocking the playlists, though these weapons and tools can still be found on certain maps.

Also, 343 aims to remove instant respawn from Infinity Doubles, and will address certain spawn issues on Haven, together with a troublesome Sticky Detonator on Dispatch - the latter now spawns with a 180 second resupply timer and two spare clips.

Last but not least, Halo 4's "premiere" competitive playlist Team Throwdown will launch on 18th February.

This post has been promoted to an article

Great, informative post Dog. I just have a quick question on the ranking system (if you've stumbled upon any significant information). Have 343 industries/Microsoft/Virgin Gaming shed any light as to whether or not the 1-50 ranking system will be 100% invisible and only on Halo Waypoint, or if there's a slight chance that they might include it in-game.

Thanks,

-Inversion

Great, informative post Dog. I just have a quick question on the ranking system (if you've stumbled upon any significant information). Have 343 industries/Microsoft/Virgin Gaming shed any light as to whether or not the 1-50 ranking system will be 100% invisible and only on Halo Waypoint, or if there's a slight chance that they might include it in-game.

Thanks,

-Inversion

I haven't seen much halo 4 news but I will tell you if I find stuff like that. 8)

No Arena or MLG?

unbelievable.

In Halo 2 the 1-50 rank system was sweet. And for the time it worked as well as you could ask for.

In Halo Reach you had the option to play Arena Slayer. DMR starts with magnums. 1 Frag. No Armor Lock, eventually only Sprint.

You were ranked by division and a percentage inside that division. That was awesome, the competition was unreal and the DMR battles on even maps were epic.

I just can't believe that you make a halo, make it all nice and pretty but give everyone a trophy.

I played my first day of owning the game last night.

I have 201 kills, 74 deaths, and 101 assists.

That is a joke. It's my first time playing.

This makes it boring as hell. In reach I could have went to team slayer and ruin the party racking up 25 kills a game. But no some of us love the nail biting competition the Arena offered without cheap gimmicks.

It seems to me Call of Duty's everybody can be good thing has killed these games.

Oh yeah and no weapon spawns? I am speechless.

I think Halo 4 has good gamemodes and gameplay, but needs a bit more community and more playlists. I have comjured up a gametype very fun to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxtpfF1o4mo (Halo 4 version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohrvmx-QXPc (Example from Halo 2)

Classic Infection (Halo 2):

Red Team = Humans, 7 players

Green Team = Zombies, 1 starting player

Humans have a Shotgun and a Pistol.

Zombies have an Energy Sword.

Humans have no armor abilities.

Zombies have no armor abilities, but have increased movement speed and jump height.

When a Human is killed, they are forcibly changed to Green Team (Zombie) and become one of the new zombies.

Some Custom forge maps could be added in as well, but more on the professional side of forging.

You could add in Infection as a new playlist, or another gametype alongside Flood.

Flood is great! However, I feel Classic Halo 2 Infection could make its return...

Multi-Team:

4 3-person teams

Red

Blue

Green

Gold

Players spawn with custom loadouts, and personal ordinance is disabled.

Same rules/settings as Infinity Slayer and can be infused with Objective gametypes.

Please acknowledge anyone! :)

• Like 1