Zero-Sum Slayer. My new gametype.

jCoze

Zero-Sum Slayer  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did you guys like Zero-Sum Slayer

• Heck Yeah!!
    • Heck No!!
    • Kinda / not really

Hey guys my name is jCoze, and that is also my xbox live gamertag. I was doing some reading up on Game Theory, and I ran into Zero-Sum Theorum. I won't get into it here, but basically that is what real competative gaming should be like. I have created an easy-to-make gametype called Zero-Sum Slayer. Getting kills gives your team points and getting killed loses your team points. First team to 5 points to win, best of 3 rounds.I'm sure this gametype has been tried, but i personally haven't seen anybody playing it. I takes more teamwork and cooperation than most matchmaking playlists, which i love slash miss. If you are not into teamwork and winning then this gametype is not for you. Most likely you wouldn't even like it anyways. Message me on XBL or just don't talk to me at all, download it off my fileshare and play it with your buddies.

I think it should maybe be one round and go to 15. 5 just seems pretty low, especially if you have a really good player on your team.

Other than that, it would be really cool to see in match making some day.

Sometimes yes 5 can be considered pretty low, but that is the point in a sense. If there are two evenly matched teams then this can go on for a while. If, like you mentioned, there is one team that is obviously more skilled than the other than it can be over in a matter of minutes. Imagine two evenly matched teams going at it until one team had 15 points. That would mean that one team is 15 kills ahead of the other team. Matches like that would never end unless one team is getting literally blown out. You don't want the match to be that long unless the teams are evenly matched. A couple of mistakes for one team and the game is to the opponents. That is also why i mentioned there should be a best of 3. Giving the previous losing team to redeem themselves and fix any mistakes.

Honestly the options to make a slayer match run this way have been around forever. If this kinda of slayer hasn't made it to matchmaking by now it won't unless it becomes popular. So play it, love it, and help it become popular.