IMO, Complex is the WORST map I have ever played n any Halo game.

Does anyone even like this map? First off, lets start with the map balance. Clearly, Complex is a non-symmetrical map. One side of the map is an abandoned mess of useless buildings with no role in the map. The other side is a DMR Sniper resort. The building has 2 floors which are both extremely camp-able On the top, you have an open roof that overlooks the entire map! Great for DMRs right? Oh, and did I mention that there is little to no cover in this map?

Ghosts:

This map has too Ghosts on it. With the cover that isn't in this map, the people in the Ghost can easily mow people down as they run along, over and over and over.

Spawns:

The spawns on this map are horrid. Once again, with no cover on the map, you are constantly spawning in the open. I remember I got spawn-killed four times from the roof. When you finally get the relief of spawning elsewhere, The enemy's Ghost will be happy to clean you up.

This map has no role in competitive gameplay, tell me your opinion on the map.

• Like 2

IMO, Complex is the WORST map I have ever played n any Halo game.

Does anyone even like this map? Yep. First off, lets start with the map balance. Clearly, Complex is a non-symmetrical map. One side of the map is an abandoned mess of useless buildings with no role in the map. Hiding doesn't seem to be your strong point. The other side is a DMR Sniper resort. The building has 2 floors which are both extremely camp-able On the top, you have an open roof that overlooks the entire map! Great for DMRs right? Oh, and did I mention that there is little to no cover in this map? Lemme show you something you can hide in: One side of the map is an abandoned mess of useless buildings with no role in the map.

Ghosts:

This map has too Ghosts on it. With the cover that isn't in this map, the people in the Ghost can easily mow people down as they run along, over and over and over. As Patches O' Houlihan once said " dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge!"

Spawns:

The spawns on this map are horrid.Not really but I guess that's opinion based. Once again, with no cover on the map, you are constantly spawning in the open. I remember I got spawn-killed four times from the roof. When you finally get the relief of spawning elsewhere, The enemy's Ghost will be happy to clean you up. Sticky grenades?

This map has no role in competitive gameplay, tell me your opinion on the map.

• Like 1

^ None of those points are even valid...

Considering that both your points and Sarges are completely based off of opinion they are both valid.

That being said, I enjoy Complex a lot. It is a tough map and provides multiple areas for people to ambush you or catch you out in the open. The Ghosts are easily dealt with if you play your cards right. All in all I think it is a fun map to play on (and I dont camp on it).

This is a good map but they really should rearrange the spawns. But when i play solo and go up against a team with randoms i leave because its impossible. WIth a team its fun because destroy them in their on spawn.

That's exactly why it's messed up.

I agree with all of your points. Complex is a terrible map more suited to casual gameplay. The spawns are awful when used in conjunction with Long Range Weaponry and instant respawning... The middle of the map is very camp heavy (boltshot makes it worse)... The one sides spawn has absolutely no cover on it... and a lot of the structures aren't utilized to their full potential due to the way the map flows and how big the map is for 4v4 playlists.

Not very impressed with 343i's job on this map.

PS: One really gets a feel for how bad the spawns are on this map when they play it in SWAT. Why this map is in the rotation for SWAT is beyond me.

• Like 1

I remenber when halo 4 first came out and you could jump in the map thats the only time i enjoyed complex. Complex is the most random map i have ever seen I mean Why is this in 4v4 gametypes. Its big enough to house 50 enemies from spartan ops Yet you expect me to play oddball on it? I just back out when people vote for this garbage It is ment for big team not 4v4. Total garbage map.

• Like 1

I'm glad you expressed your opinion. However, I think Complex is a pretty decent map. If I were to criticize something from this map, it would be the big rooftop, which is the preferred spot of "campers" due to it's clear view of almost the entire map. There's always a map that one dislikes, but that doesn't mean that everyone else also does.

Out of all the maps I've played in all of the Halo games this is the one I despise the most. All this map is, is a DMR/Sniper campfest. The far building has the best cover of any building/structure on the entire map. The building in the back with the lift is pointless to be in and the roof provides no cover or decent escape route besides running off the back. The other has multiple ways to get onto the roof and drop back for good cover when being shot. The other's walk way is in the front and provides no cover. If it went along the rear then that would be a different story.

In CTF the flag point in the back is in the wide open and is easy to defend where as the other has multiple ways to access the flag and isn't easy to defend with such close quarters.

This map should be taken out of all 4v4 game type rotation and be put into Big Team slayer.

Thats just your opinion but i really like that map it reminds me of sword base in a way for some reason... maybe the gameplay? But ya i like it.

I don't see how Complex and Sword Base are similar in anyway and definetaly not the game play of it. Sword Base wasn't a long range DMR campfest.

I don't see how Complex and Sword Base are similar in anyway and definetaly not the game play of it. Sword Base wasn't a long range DMR campfest.

It just feels similar to me. thats just my opinion but yeah the map feels similar to me because of the way it is played. Yes people camp sometimes but they get taken out fairly fast, if they're there for a long time thats your teams fault for not taking care of it.

I agree that complex is not the best map to date. There are very bad respawns and the majority of the game is centered around the large open area spawns and DMR battles with barely any line of sight blockers. The ability to access the roofs was a risky move on the maps development where they were wishing to give players more free roam. However I think it has just caused to much map concentration. I kind of wish that there would be lass open space and the buildings would be closer so that the map movement would be more centered around the courtyard and main building.

I stopped playing SWAT because of Complex being in the rotation, It is also just completely awful for CTF as touched on above, Red teams almost never wins because Blues flag offers no cover and a half decent player can pick you off before you even get close to the flag. Red teams flag is incredibly difficult to defend, Blue just has to get back to the lift and then they are sheltered for the entirity of their carry.

Just played it a while ago and yes once again, very bad spawns for SWAT, spawn deaths like no other map in Halo. Maybe changing the spawns would help but even with that I do not think it will be enough, CTF is too one sided due to layout, I suppose not all maps will be great but their attempt at a bigger team slayer map did not really work.

What happened to lvl's like the pit where all is fair on both sides?