Do you think that the Didact Survived?

SatanicBagels

Personally I think that the Didact is alive based upon the idea that 343i wouldn't kill of such a major and undeveloped antagoist so simply. In the same way that it was not left clear as to whether 343i guilty spark was alive at the end of Halo CE (a very unlikely event at the time) and whether or not Cortana would be found after Halo 2 (I think we all thought she would come up sooner or later) I think that they will keep the Didact for at least one more, and perhaps both, of the next two games.

1. We barely even got to learn about the Didact as a character and antagonist before Chief sent him falling in Halo 4. Even with the terminals I'm struggling to comprehend how that could be enough fleshing out to kill off his role in the Halo franchise.

2. We've seen some of the forerunners almost supernatural powers in the past and I think that it is likely that he would be a powerful enough dude to survive the grenade blast. If he survived the grenade blast in time then he could escape getting composed in several different ways.

3. Adversely I'd like to explore the possibility that the Didact actually did get composed...

Could we be fighting a Composed Didact in Halo 5???

Edited by SweatyBagels

Personally I think that the Didact is alive based upon the idea that 343i wouldn't kill of such a major and undeveloped antagoist so simply. In the same way that it was not left clear as to whether 343i guilty spark was alive at the end of Halo CE (a very unlikely event at the time) and whether or not Cortana would be found after Halo 2 (I think we all thought she would come up sooner or later) I think that they will keep the Didact for at least one more, and perhaps both, of the next two games.

1. We barely even got to learn about the Didact as a character and antagonist before Chief sent him falling in Halo 4. Even with the terminals I'm struggling to comprehend how that could be enough fleshing out to kill off his role in the Halo franchise.

2. We've seen some of the forerunners almost supernatural powers in the past and I think that it is likely that he would be a powerful enough dude to survive the grenade blast. If he survived the grenade blast in time then he could escape getting composed in several different ways.

3. Adversely I'd like to explore the possibility that the Didact actually did get composed...

Could we be fighting a Composed Didact in Halo 5???

1: You see 343 Guilty Spark moving through space at the end of Halo CE... Just have to watch the credits long enough. He is humming his little tune and going through space so we knew he was alive. The Cortana one is a fairly good point though.

2: While we barely got to know him as a character in Halo 4, I dont see that as a reason to keep him around. They could just as easily set up his demise as a premise for the Forerunners to return in force (they did go somewhere, just nobody is sure where) and their attempt at revenge upon humanity for killing him. In that way the character's development in Halo 4 just doesnt matter, only his death matters at that point. There are countless other ways they could go on from his death while still including him to some degree as a dead character.

3: I believe the Didact was unable to be composed in the first place... so I dont think that would have happend but who knows. Time does crazy things to physiology and his supposed immunity could be gone at the time he falls.

1: You see 343 Guilty Spark moving through space at the end of Halo CE... Just have to watch the credits long enough. He is humming his little tune and going through space so we knew he was alive. The Cortana one is a fairly good point though.

2: While we barely got to know him as a character in Halo 4, I dont see that as a reason to keep him around. They could just as easily set up his demise as a premise for the Forerunners to return in force (they did go somewhere, just nobody is sure where) and their attempt at revenge upon humanity for killing him. In that way the character's development in Halo 4 just doesnt matter, only his death matters at that point. There are countless other ways they could go on from his death while still including him to some degree as a dead character.

3: I believe the Didact was unable to be composed in the first place... so I dont think that would have happend but who knows. Time does crazy things to physiology and his supposed immunity could be gone at the time he falls.

1: Agreed

2: I've said this before, but the Didact has been a character in the Halo universe for 3 years now and is a huge part of it. While he may not seem like a menacing villan, he really is.

3: The Didact is immune to being composed, and his immunity couldn't just go away because it had to do with his appearance, which was altered while trying to find a cure for the flood.