Joining "in progress" games

Justin Lindgren

I personally have had the problem multiple times that I enter either a CTF game or a SWAT game and I am put on a team within seconds of losing. I understand having players join games, but you can imagine how frustrating it is to wait and wait and wait for a game and then when u finally get into one you instantly lose and are forced to wait and wait and wait again to be put in a game worth playing.

And even if you find a game that is like 2-0, you are still at a steep disadvantage forcing you to either carry your team and hope that you can do something to help, or you are forced into a losing situation.

I know I am not the only one, and it would be nice to see a system where you went into a tied game or make me wait another 10 seconds for a new game rather than be forced into a game I have no chance of bringing back.

You get put into games with large skill gaps. I do too sometimes. You just have to keep your play consistent and try not to get utterly stomped every now and again. Fluctuating skill is the most likely reason I can think of for suddenly being put into a game where your teammates may as well be a child in comparison to you. That and no decent connections with similarly skilled players. One thing is that teams need to be balanced a bit better. Both teams usually have one or two big winners with one or two mid level supporters and than those last one or two tacked-on players who do below average. If your whole team did considerably worse than the enemy, then the game failed to balance it out properly. Nothing on your end, as I'm sure you suspect. Entirely 343's automated thing jacking up objective games like it does. The only fix is to keep from fluctuating a lot. Halo 5 may have a smarter system that can help, but I can't think of any easy way to handle this either.

A week ago my brand new mic broke. I have just been playing solo because its frustrating not being able to talk to your teammates. I get put into games in progress all the time. Sometimes its a easy comeback other times its a full team with 400 points or higher. Been real frustrating... im gonna look at the avoiding it clip.

This is the only thing that irks me when getting JIP games. I don't mind being put on a losing team as long as there's enough time for us to make a come back or at least make it a close game. I can't count how many times I've been put into Dominion games where it's 360-210 or CTF where it's 3-0 or even Slayer with 210-550 with a minute left in the game. Once a certain score or time is reached in a game I feel JIP should be turned off. If this was fixed I would have no problems with the JIP system.