Remove the Battle Rifle from SWAT

fiigjam

I used to love playing SWAT. The satisfaction of a single shot headshot with the DMR never got old! In the days of Reach it was the only game mode I ever really played, so I was over the moon when 343 introduced it to Halo 4. However with the Battle rifle being sprayed around by other players I quickly got bored and frustrated (oh so many rage quits). SWAT is/was/should be all about the single shot DMR.

I'd like to think I'm not the only one with this opinion!!

Everyone should choose whatever weapon he/she wants. Like, if someone sucks with the DMR and loves SWAT, he/she wouldn't have other choice than stop playing that game mode. Personally, I choose the BR over the DMR, not only in SWAT but in other gamemodes. Also, there wouldn't be so much variety if they removed the BR.

SWAT was created with BRs man. They were the inspiration for the gametype. Sorry I just don't see any merit to the idea of removing them.

Also SWAT creates the only balanced environment between those two weapons. The DMR is still much better at long range due to its accuracy, but the BR wins at mid-range due to its burst-fire capacity. SWAT is the only gametype in which the DMR and the BR do what they're supposed to do in comparison with each other. Outside a certain range the BR is at a very clear disadvantage due to its lower accuracy.

I recommend the BR on smaller maps like Haven, Abandon, and Adrift. I recommend the DMR on larger ones like Complex and Harvest. On Solace either one can work, I've lost fights on Solace due to the BR's inaccuracy but I've also wiped out teams due to its forgiving burst.

Choose the right weapon for the map.

• Like 4

Removing the BR from reach had a lot to do with why I did not play it, they replaced my favourite weapon with the abomination known as the DMR... SWAT was invented for the BR so you are used to a distorted after version of the original so if anything get rid of the DMR.

Halo was much better before reach so the less reach influence the better in my opinion, but seriously both weapons have their maps and some maps I even prefer the pistol, just because you do not like it does not mean it should be removed. I am guessing from your post you missed the Halo hayday so all I can say is try the BR a bit and who knows you may just fall in love!!

• Like 2

Removing the BR from SWAT would be one of the biggest mistakes 343i could ever make. SWAT started with the BR and removing it would ruin the game type IMO. SWAT was okay in Reach but, it was quite boring with the DMR. I prefer the BR in SWAT because of the spread. Even with lag I have a good chance of killing the person because of it's spread. Where as with the DMR if you miss once then it's means your death. If any weapon should be removed from SWAT it should be the DMR.

• Like 1

I'd like to see the Covie Carbine and Light Rifle get either a gametype or have them on map spawns, I miss the CC in swat. Oh, and gernades, well not so much gernades

If grenades were to show up back in SWAT they should have to be limited to one frag and that's it. And have friendly fire on so people can't just spam them and have to have situational awareness as to where friendlies are at.

• Like 1

Why? No point removing weapons because you're bad with them

Trust me, Reach - DMR <3 though I slowly grown more attached to the BR but as Caboose says, Both BR and DMR have their own strengths and weaknesses, DMR kills at long range while BR is more of a mid muscle

Plus... not very wise to say BR should go, alot of Halo 3 Vets wont be pleased

I would support all four precision weapons in before I would support this. I don't want any gun removed, but I'd love to see additions. The LR is too powerful, but the carbine isn't. They should make it available. If you look, there's a pre-made carbine loadout that's hidden in SWAT currently. Hope they bring it in.

• Like 1

I would support all four precision weapons in before I would support this. I don't want any gun removed, but I'd love to see additions. The LR is too powerful, but the carbine isn't. They should make it available. If you look, there's a pre-made carbine loadout that's hidden in SWAT currently. Hope they bring it in.

Though if ammo wasnt infinte, LR would have its drawback as an ammo eater in use

• Like 1

The reason the OP wants the Br removed is because he's tired of being killed by the spread in the back rather then the other player being skilled enough to pop him in one shot.

Be the case, but he wont be the only one. But the choice is there... so no point having a cry