No more halo MLG?

Surfing bunny

Hey Bunny, and welcome to the 343iCF forums :)

Yes, it's true. Halo 4 was dropped from the circuit this year and in its place, Black Ops: II was picked up (by the way, I believe that there is a one-million dollar tournament taking place sometime soon, if it already hasn't taken place). This is due to the fact of Micro$oft signing a contract with Virgin Gaming that basically gave Virgin a ton of financial backing/support and allowing them to handle almost all of the competitive side of Halo. MLG didn't want to have to compete with this and they decided that they would drop Halo 4 (just explained quickly to the extent of my knowledge, anybody else feel free to add).

I hope so.

Why, please elaborate? I think that MLG was one of the best things Halo had growing up, feel free to share your opinion though, I want to hear your take.

-Inversion

Why, please elaborate? I think that MLG was one of the best things Halo had growing up, feel free to share your opinion though, I want to hear your take.

-Inversion

Sure, I like the idea about having official tournaments for video games. I mean, if people enjoy making their hobby (or pastime, if you will) into something more beneficial, I guess that's fine. It's like most sports, they were once a pastime and later became official sports due to an increase on popularity. Let's just say that I don't think winning is the only goal.

-Inversion

Its a business decision, nothing more. Sundance likes halo, but he's got to worry about his business more.

Its a business decision, nothing more. Sundance likes halo, but he's got to worry about his business more.

Actually I believe it was a mutual thing. 343i and MLG talked it out, and 343i wasn't happy with MLG's terms, and Virgin came to 343i with better terms. So, since 343i didn't match MLG's terms, they decided not to have H4, and the contract went to Virgin Gaming instead.

Actually I believe it was a mutual thing. 343i and MLG talked it out, and 343i wasn't happy with MLG's terms, and Virgin came to 343i with better terms. So, since 343i didn't match MLG's terms, they decided not to have H4, and the contract went to Virgin Gaming instead.

That and MLG wasn't pulling in the viewers from halo that it should of been, hence they were losing money so hard.

Halo costed more than any other game to play at MLG, and by the end it had the least viewers.

6K Viewers Compared to 100K Viewers for LoL? It was gonna get dropped anyway.

That and MLG wasn't pulling in the viewers from halo that it should of been, hence they were losing money so hard.

Halo costed more than any other game to play at MLG, and by the end it had the least viewers.

6K Viewers Compared to 100K Viewers for LoL? It was gonna get dropped anyway.

It seems to me like you're talking about Halo on the Major League Gaming "Pro Circuit". I don't quite know where you got the idea that Halo was only pulling 6k viewers at events. Thinking back to Halo: Reach, I'd say that's about right (before the MLGv8 settings). Although, after that incident, Halo was steadily climbing past 10k viewers and exponentially rising. Then the pre-launch Halo 4 event at Dallas pulled over 40k viewers. However, your statement is true for online streams or youtube feeds. LoL, CoD and many other games severely outrank Halo.

-Inversion

It seems to me like you're talking about Halo on the Major League Gaming "Pro Circuit". I don't quite know where you got the idea that Halo was only pulling 6k viewers at events. Thinking back to Halo: Reach, I'd say that's about right (before the MLGv8 settings). Although, after that incident, Halo was steadily climbing past 10k viewers and exponentially rising. Then the pre-launch Halo 4 event at Dallas pulled over 40k viewers. However, your statement is true for online streams or youtube feeds. LoL, CoD and many other games severely outrank Halo.

-Inversion

...The Halo 4 Pre Launch Event NEVER Pulled 40k Viewers. It pulled borderline 20k, but NEVER 40k.

And for reach, it was pulling like 5-6K Viewers at reach events average, LoL Pulls in 80-100K At Events, and starcraft pulls in 40-60K at events.

Proof? Twitch.tv shows MLG games from their streams on twitch, and the numbers came from there.

On the Halo 4 Pre launch event, the highest i saw was 22k.

So, explain to me why Sundance DiGiovanni tweet this saying that Halo 4 at Dallas peaked at 40k? Your statement is true about League of Legends and Starcraft 2, although Halo 4 was pulling more than its own weight in the console FPS section of the Pro Circuit. There is just simply more support from Treyarch than there is from 343 industries towards the competitive scene, as well as that contract that Microsoft signed with Virgin Gaming.

-Inversion

So, explain to me why Sundance DiGiovanni tweet this saying that Halo 4 at Dallas peaked at 40k? Your statement is true about League of Legends and Starcraft 2, although Halo 4 was pulling more than its own weight in the console FPS section of the Pro Circuit. There is just simply more support from Treyarch than there is from 343 industries towards the competitive scene, as well as that contract that Microsoft signed with Virgin Gaming.

-Inversion

Then i take back my first statement good sir :D

Notice the name of this "tweeter". Sundance DiGiovanni, since when did the head of Major League Gaming gain an unworthy reputation that is not to be trusted?

-Inversion

When he removed halo....

When he asked people to prefer CoD or Halo, and then picked CoD.

Shady bro. ;)

Why should anyone trust a tweet to begin with? Just because someone who is in charge of something "tweets" a stat, that does not make it automatically believeable or real. Companies and CEO's and leaders alike twist numbers and facts ona daily basis to suite the needs of their investment. Independent and unbiased studies are the only real source of actual facts these days.

If I tweeted that my company just scored a major deal with Microsoft to head up the trilogy after Reclaimer for Halo, does that mean that because I am the owner and CEO of vyrant Studios, that the information or tweet is real? Think about it man... Don't be a lemming.

• Like 1