To avoid dying easily you should know when to chase, flee or engage; these are the basics. For example if the 2/3 of your shields is down then you should flee or hide. Now, chasing the enemy is kinda risky, you never know if he/she has a shotgun, sword, BOLTSHOT etc. But you can always approach them in a different route.

You should ALWAYS assume they have a boltshot.

• Like 1

I'm a bit neutral on this topic, though there is one thing that boggles my mind.

The Shielding perk.

They had the PERFECT opportunity to give everyone in this thread a solution. Instead, we have the most useless perk in the game. Imagine if shielding cut your delay in half. 3 seconds.

I would love it if the shielding perk cut your delay in half, although as ridiculously bad as the delay is I think it would become quite overused.

That gets to the heart of a lot of the problems Halo has been having though, instead of just giving you something they give you something and then take something else away to make sure nothing good really comes out of it.

Faster kill times for example, we have them now for better or worse, but then they made the weapons take more shots to kill. WTF is that about? They also gave us this insane shield recharge delay so our shields get wiped out in under 2 seconds but we have to wait 6 seconds to see them go up again.

Do you know how you make it so a shield matters less? Make it available less often. Do you know what the core of Halo gameplay is, and the thing that people noticed made a good rhythm when Halo first came out? Shields. Go back and read game reviews, reviewers noted how the shields created a kill/cover/kill/cover rhythm, and now we have kil/coverrrrrrrrrrr/ki/coverrrrrrrrrrrrr/assist/coverrrrrrrrrrr.

People don't realize that this is one of the biggest departures from core Halo to date. In Halo you have shields, that's Halo, that's the foundation, but in Halo 4 you have weak shields that take much too long to recharge. I'm actually OK with them getting wiped out fast, I don't prefer it but it's one of those changes you get used to. Being one-shot for 6 seconds? That's just the opposite of Halo. That's SWAT only everyone else has shields. It's not good, it's pure bad.

Also Dawn Wolf, if you don't mind my asking, how do you remain neutral on the idea of being one-shot for longer? That means at some level in your head you have an argument for it. I don't personally think shield recovery should be instant, but I think 6 seconds in a game that speeds everything else up is just horribly bad, unquestionably so. Yet you have a question?

I know this is a departure from the main focus of the topic, but do you think that the shield delay time was increased to show the inferior capabilities of the Spartan-IV compared to the Master Chief in previous games?

If that is the case, it would provide a story based reasoning for the implementation. However, I still think that it would be a bad idea to sacrifice a core gameplay mechanic for the sake of coherency and consistency in story. The other Halos did fine with nonsensical multiplayer. They played beautifully.

If they cut the recharge time even by a second it would make a massive difference, or have it progressivley recharge (hell that would be something new and interesting, say 2 seconds with no shield then 3 seconds for it to fully charge!!).

But seriously it is a little on the long side as the game has become a lot faster with instant respawn and sprint. It seems they just want players to die a lot more for some insane reason.

I think in previous Halos the recharge delay was about 4 seconds and the recharge rate was about 3 seconds. If I'm remembering that right you're looking at only a second difference in the TOTAL time, but 2 seconds more one-shot is seriously deadly.

In this game I'd prefer a 3 or 4 second recharge delay, preferrably 3 in gametypes designed for smaller maps at least. That gives the enemy time to press you but doesn't let them simply swear a blood oath their grandchildren will fulfill.

Personally I agree that the shields take just a bit too long, but at the same time I think that it's just a new dynamic that you have to get used to and try to involve it into a different strategy. Maybe try being more passive and it's always best to have a party so you can get support from them.

• 3 weeks later...

When I watch Ninja livestream he will get until 3 or 4 BR battles while taking minimal damage in each one. The thing is he jumps all over the place and he is still able to keep his crosshair on the guy the entire time. He will win the fight and the other guy would barely be able to touch him.

Of course, not everybody is a Ninja.

When I watch Ninja livestream he will get until 3 or 4 BR battles while taking minimal damage in each one. The thing is he jumps all over the place and he is still able to keep his crosshair on the guy the entire time. He will win the fight and the other guy would barely be able to touch him.

Of course, not everybody is a Ninja.

he plays mostly bad people. a good decent team can do some damage. i wanna watch him when theres a skilled ranking system because most pros aren't great unless there with there team.

Seems pretty simple to me… get better at the game so that you don't take a lot of damage (or no damage) when you get a kill. Be stealthy or something. Cover and fire.

looooooool.

Edited by TornadoFlame

he plays mostly bad people. a good decent team can do some damage. i wanna watch him when theres a skilled ranking system because most pros aren't great unless there with there team.

looooooool.

I watched this yesterday when him and his "crew" were trying out the new DLC maps. He was just doin regular matchmaking on the playlist, so he was going against randoms. One game I seen him pull 500 points and like 38 kills or something.

I watched this yesterday when him and his "crew" were trying out the new DLC maps. He was just doin regular matchmaking on the playlist, so he was going against randoms. One game I seen him pull 500 points and like 38 kills or something.

thats how it will be untill theres a ranking system. i saw him stream 1 day all he did on haven was jetpack with boltshot and get 20-25 kills...  heck me and my team when we used to play went in and won by 40 points but we are no pros least i'm not.  Most of are deaths are because of the broken elements in this game and features.