Flood in Spartan Ops

PrometheanSigma

Flood in Spartan Ops  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Could you see flood in Spartan Ops?

• Yes. 343 would do that.
    • No. I don't see 343 doing that.
    • Maybe. It's not like 343 but there's always a chance.
  2. 2. Would you like flood in Spartan Ops?

• Yes. It would add more to the Spartan Ops experience.
    • No. I dislike the flood and it would ruin Spartan Ops.
    • Undecided. There's pros and cons and I don't really care whether they're added or not.

If they changed the location to maybe another Forerunner planet, but this one is overrun by flood and there is a war that broke out between the Forerunners and flood

Well, there is a Halo Installation possibly infested by the Flood, I think it's either I07 or I06. Also it would be awesome to have an epic battle between Humanity, Covenant, Flood and Prometheans!

I kind of found the flood annoying in Halo because they would always show up at the same time, in the last couple of missions. As for the Harvester it does look like something that belongs in the flood, in fact i was watching every corner to see if a flood spore would appear 

• 2 months later...

It is worth mentioning. I wanted a Floodfight (Firefight with flood) mode in Halo 4, so before it was released I created an image showing a basic idea of how it could look... Then I posted the image on HaloWayPoint forums... 

Here is the image...

halo4floodinfirefight.png

Maybe someone at 343i saw it and misinterpreted my idea. Because my image looks a lot like the Flood gametype in Matchmaking in the current Halo 4... But 343i I wanted this in Firefight NOT multiplayer. Well maybe they put flood in Multiplayer only because they removed firefight and replaced it with Spartan Ops. So perhaps they couldn't use my idea fully?...

• Like 1

It is worth mentioning. I wanted a Floodfight (Firefight with flood) mode in Halo 4, so before it was released I created an image showing a basic idea of how it could look... Then I posted the image on HaloWayPoint forums... 

Maybe someone at 343i saw it and misinterpreted my idea. Because my image looks a lot like the Flood gametype in Matchmaking in the current Halo 4... But 343i I wanted this in Firefight NOT multiplayer. Well maybe they put flood in Multiplayer only because they removed firefight and replaced it with Spartan Ops. So perhaps they couldn't use my idea fully?...

I hate to break it to you but I highly doubt 343i took your idea and made the flood gamemode in War Games. I am sure that they knew from the start they didn't want flood in Halo 4(writing these games isn't easy ya know) So they used "Infection" as a way of giving the flood a cameo appearance in Halo 4 so people will know 343i didn't forget about the flood. I am sure if someone saw your idea they would let you know that they liked the picture/something of that sort. 

no all the way. we already have 3 games with the flood (1, 2, 3). if the flood wasn't in the campaign, even as a easter egg, why would it come back?

only way i see it happening is...

season 2 moves to a new location and tells the origin story of how it started, and i dont mean by reading a book

then again, flood + promethians = more challenging enemies (if  both were combined and mutated)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Idea sounds AMAZING, It would be extremely different to face the flood in spartan ops then the covenant. But I like the idea. Another idea would be to have a game mode where you can play inside Corbulo Academy of Military Science (CAMS), as Lasky that would be AMAZING like in the Forward Unto Dawn Series.

• 1 month later...

The flood made halo ce the crazy experience it was, the forerunner/flood war got excessive!! To the point where they ended life!! Sheit!! imagine a space battle with flood! Wooo dawgy remember that feeling you got dodging infection forms while reloading on legendary, lol when your head tilts and youre spine tingles :P

VF but you don't have to face the Flood in Spartan ops if you don't want to and lots of players do want a Flood firefight so why not give them more choice ? :)

Prometheans , Storm covenant and the Flood all as options or spawn them all in and let them fight one another ? Sounds cool , no ?

After seeing how the Flood look and experiencing Halo 3's mission 'Cortana'. I'd be scared weaseless. And that would be cool. I have to say, with the graphics Halo 4 has, the true flood would look amazing. And scary.

• Like 1

I honestly think that the way the Prometheans were set up to fight in Spartan Ops - multiple waves of large number of enemies attacking from all sides, repeatedly - would actually have been better suited to the Flood. One of my biggest gripes with Halo 4 is that while the Prometheans were definitely challenging, they just weren't actually very fun to fight. They weren't very varied, had stupid amounts of health, were difficult to headshot, had a lot of really cheap special abilities (teleport, anyone?), and of course tended to appear in huge swarms from any direction they chose, meaning it was nearly impossible to fight them without being killed on the higher difficulties in solo games.

If the Flood is actually going to be in Guardians - and they're almost definitely going to appear at some point - then hopefully there'll be more diverse enemy types for us to fight, and of course variety is really important as a way of keeping gameplay fresh. Plus, I honestly think the Flood can be fun to fight if they're handled correctly, and of course their comparatively low individual health means they're well-suited for horde-based gameplay without things getting unbearable.

• Like 3

Red I agree with you there.

I really loved the flood and have great memories of me and my friend back to back me with a Assault rifle, him with a carbine and both of us surrounded by hordes of Flood.

I am one of the few people who really really like the Flood they are a great fun enemy to fight. :)

Edited by Caboose the Ace
  • Like 1

I hope you flood lovers won't hate me for this, but I would 

hate this idea so much. I absolutely despise the flood, the

idea of the flood, everything about the flood. I think that

they are annoying in the game, and I've never liked the

missions in any of the halos that have mostly flood in them.

I do like the game flood on custom games and matchmaking,

but they really annoy me in campaign, and it would annoy me

in spartan ops.