Gravity Hammer use??? Griffball

ProudDrunkIrish

Hi all I have a simple queury for all of ye.

Having played griffball a bit today I found myslef a little at a loss, my grav hammer skill leaves something to be desired.

Last time I played griffbal was Halo 3 and I was quite good at it.. now I did not play Reach much so may have missed changes to the grav hammer.

It seems the blow back from 2 hammers going at each other is gone and now you both die!! Also the old technique of jump + hammer down has lost its range and strength.

Also I cannot find the sweet spot on the aimer to get max distance.

Any help would be appreciated..

It's possible that the hammer is a bit more random, though I'd find it hard to believe that it's EXTREMELY random.

Haha not really helpful this thread is for tips on hammer use, type of movement, strike distance, where to aim if at all, its not really a discussion on the good and bad just how to get the best from a hammer... :wallbash:

I think the G. Hammer has it's uses besides Griffball... it's just that any other CQC weapon fares better. To be fair enough, I would use it to smash enemies that are unaware that I have it (besides being close enough to me). Of course, sprinting is a must with this gun, so you might consider having mobility on...

The timing is slightly different, but the explosion the hammer causes is best used at a 45 degree angle downwards towards the enemy. I found thats the best range to wreck people.

Cheers Chris will give that a go I have been going straight at them and seeing the way the hammer swings that seems logical..

Halo 4 shouldn't have Gravity Hammers anyway...

Only Brutes use them!

The noise, range and power of the weapon have a quality that is low.

Please no rubbish beyond the topic which is how to best use one, every thread on this forum gets trolled to death lol..

So once again tips and tricks to get the best out of the gravity hammer in griffball??? Any takers???

If anything that is harmful to your gameplay.

Also, I haven't really found that the whole 45 degree angle thing doesn't really work that well. I figured it would shorten the distance between the swing and the hammer hitting the ground. but I don't think it does. I think people just have really good timing with the thing.

Take note that in standard Halo 4 Grifball you have shields. In original Grifball you didn't, which is why people got wiped out so easy by the shock wave (Which is still present, but won't make as big a dent in a shielded target). You have to actually hit the guy with the hammer.

Also the hammer has never been especially reliable, it doesn't have a parry like the sword does which allows for some limitation of host advantage. Thus connection matters more. I don't like Grifball, but if you have the idea in your head that there is some consistent performance to be had I'm not sure what Grifball you ever played. You can get a team together and get good together, but you will never find the hammers very consistent.

Also the sound it makes when someone else swings it is ridiculous.