darkslayr114

Halo 4 was some pluses and so negatives.

Pros-

-campaign was pretty good for the most part

-graphics

-spartan: ops, its like a new campaign every week

-regicide

-flood skin is great

-forge is easier for a newbie

Cons-

-griffball - huge disappointment there. I expected many gametypes similar to reach. I expected many variations in maps but all i got were a bunch of squares with several minor changes. Even halo 3 had a map variation better than that

-ordinance it promotes camping and gets rid of skill. In other halos you had to know the map if you wanted to win. You needed to know where power weapons would be found unlike now it just shows you where they are.

-load outs unfair and unbalanced if u play longer you get better weapons. Everybody should start a match with the same guns.

-skins should have a seperate section so i can put any skin on any armor.

-mantis is over powered

-no race

-no multi team

-no invasion

-no assault

-no percision forging

-magnets dont always work right and can leave holes in maps

-not enough small maps

-not balanced starting points in maps

*SPOILER ALERT*

- master chief shows his eyes in the legendary ending. If any more of master chief is shown without armor it will be my last halo.

Unfortunatly there are more negatives than positives. some could get fixed others will not atleast until the next halo.

This is just my opinion and you may feel free to voice yours.

• Like 1

Shall we talk about the cons?

Grifball - No major difference to Halos 3 and Reach except that it uses Oddball gametype

Ordinance - Can't really promote camping since most weapons offers are completely random, Knowing where Power weapons spawn is usually the cause of camping to most games, especially Rocket Launcher spawns

Loadouts - Not really unfair, its mostly seen to be customized to a style he/she is more comfortable with (Plus Don't really see a big difference to all the loadout weapons)

Skins - All armour has one skin (Recruit is a possible two due to LE owners), it'd be a waste

The Mantis - It's slow movement and bulkiness (making it a big target) compensates. Plus It's a dumb move to take it head on without being prepared, simple as that

Race, Multi team - Can get that through Custom games no problem, and if most Reach gametype return, it would be a case of it coming back to Matchmaking (Unsure about race, but possible)

Invasion - Bit hard when we can not play as Elites, plus Requiem is still a unknown to both humanity and Convanent

((Can't make Forge comments due to not using yet))

Initial Spawns - Looked more balanced than said.

Legendary Ending - Would've been seen sooner or later

I am actually quite disappointed with Halo 4, don't get me wrong, it's a great game and all, but I don't really think that the innovation is going the right way. Now remember, this is only my opinion so there is no need to be all furious about it.

I am generally okay with sprinting and ordnance drops in most cases, but playing split-screen with friends is not nearly as fun as in the other Halo games. It can maybe be changed in some menus, but that's not what anyone wants to be doing before we start playing but ordnances bring OP weapons when there's just few players, just like the Mantis is waaay OP if you play 4 people.

Also the graphics are awesome in Halo 4, but I don't feel like it's as colorful (which really kind of bothers me, since Halo has always been a original looking, colorful game) and later on in the game when you go through corridors in a enclosed area everything shines in a weird, unrealistic way. And don't get mad now when I say that it kind of reminds me of Black Ops since the whole game looked like all the textures were covered in plastic wrap and it was just generally really dark compared to other places in the game.

And one of the things that bothers me most is probably the sound, and don't get me wrong, I love the sounds and it sure is an improvement in making the guns sound a lot more powerful. The assault-rifle sounds really awesome for instance. But even though the sounds are great, I don't feel like they are anything special besides them sounding powerful. All the weapons sound like they're human except for maybe the Suppressor. All of them have this clingy kind of sound to them and not the typical Halo styled sound-design, I mean, the old plasma and needler sounds are iconic and I don't feel that there is a need to change the sounds too much if it's the same weapon. Maybe just making the old sounds sound a lot more powerful without changing them too much.

One thing that maybe you haven't noticed or you just disagree with me about is that the music is a real let down, at least if you ask me... I know it's not the same composer and that might be why it's so different, but I must say, I enjoyed Martin's music way more than Neil's and I felt that it was way more original, since I feel that Neil's music has the typical feel that you can hear in many movies that come out today, it's kind of hard to explain but lets just say that the music doesn't give you any real emotions, with some exceptions maybe but in most cases I don't feel that it is satisfying.

I for some reason people agree with me, since I don't want the next Halo game to be closer to Halo 4 design in most cases, since I truly think that the other games were more fun.

Oh, and what happened with the sniper? I feel like I'm the only one, but the sniper really both sounds and looks awful, the "gameplay" with it is good, but the visual and audible design of it really is weird, it doesn't look modern, it looks like an old analog oscilloscope instead of a "high-tech, radar and or whatever high-tech stuff" filled scope, and it looks clunky and unpractical, not even comparably to the other sniper rifles.

I kind of ended on a negative note, but it's just easier too find negative stuff in games and other media than positive stuff, but I just want to say that I don't regret buying the game or anything but I still feel like some changes could have been better or not made at all.