Who wants Invasion gametype back?

T O lR T A

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants Invasion to return?

• Yes
    • No

Invasion was my top playlist back in the Halo Reach days, and that was mostly what I played. Is that something you guys would like to return. But this time, since their are no elites, how about prometheans versus the humans. It is a really cool concept with a story. It added a lot in Reach and I think it would add alot in Halo 4.

I feel like you're in the minority by saying that Invasion was your primary gametype. People would rather have competitive playlist, Team Snipers, etc. rather than Invasion. Invasion also takes the most time and work to perfect.

You might be correct about that since people enjoyed to play BTB or Objective but Invasion was a story. It was new, and something enjoyable. I just want to see what the community has to say about it. If you did not enjoy it, that is okay since people have different opinions, and I respect that.

• Like 1

You might be correct about that since people enjoyed to play BTB or Objective but Invasion was a story. It was new, and something enjoyable. I just want to see what the community has to say about it. If you did not enjoy it, that is okay since people have different opinions, and I respect that.

I'm with you. I'm also with you when you say that you'd like to see it come back. It was the most innovative gametype that I've seen in a long time and I loved it.

• Like 1

Invasion was a great gametype for linear style forgers who did not feel like making a linear infection map. I think invasion is much more fun then dominion. It is more of a super CTF then a super KOTH. I hope it returns along with some forge maps that are a bit bigger so they are easy to build.

I registered specifically to support this thread. Invasion was one of the few bright spots in Halo: Reach and could be amazing in Halo 4.

Invasion FTW

Agree! Invasion was very fun and addictive. The only downside to it was being forced to play as a dino at times. But now we have the awesome prometheans instead and it could be very fun playing as one of them.

I dont think we will ever see that playlist again. Personally i think it was very boring and easy. I'm more of a competitve player. But if you are a group a 10 year olds your probably playing invasion.

Excuse me, but if you want to talk about a gametype filled with 10 year olds, that would probably be the living dead playlist. And when you say you are more of a competitive player, you probably don't understand the full potential of invasion and what it demonstrates. This is more team work then BTB or team slayer or even team doubles. You had to cooperate and talk out strategies of what to do and plan out what paths to take, how to control areas to push up. In slayer or MLG, It is very repetitive. When you play invasion, each game is different and shows how each person is important to the team. You would know the difference between a cooperative team in invasion with strong defense holding people back, taking positions, and when they attack they organize and talk it over on how they approach the objective. I'm sorry but It was not boring and not easy. I understand you have your opinion but saying it was boring... no.

My clan got pretty good at Invasion and loved it, so they would be very happy if it returned. Although you wouldn't see it return in this game.

I liked features of Invasion, like the battle buddy system where you could spawn on an ally. I don't understand why so many smart things like that were scrapped as if they never existed. I couldn't stand the fact that Invasion was the only gametype in Reach that had a smart spawn idea like that. It's frustrating especially because I didn't really like Reach that much, I thought Invasion made a few smart moves that I hoped I'd see in the next Halo game (Although not having a soft kill or force field on the attacking spawns was soooo stupid), and instead the slate got wiped clean and we're watching 343 start from scratch, re-inventing the wheel in terms of Halo but borrowing heavily from other games. It's just so damn counterintuitive!

Anyway, Invasion was fun. I thought that some very basic game type & map-building prowess could have helped it a lot, because the attackers really were so screwed sometimes with their miserably limited spawns, but overall that was a gametype that should have at least been picked over for good ideas if not salvaged entirely. Instead it's effectively forgotten, and I cannot fathom why.

I would definitely like to see the return of spawning on designated allies, and could we get some @$#*ing spawn protection in Halo finally please? It's right there in the game settings! "Respawn traits" under "Traits," 1-2 seconds of 2000% damage resistance, GO! No, instead we have archaic spawn systems. There was spawn protection in the original Halo 3 SWAT, but the Halo community is so saturated with morons that people actually complained that you could see the world before you got headshotted, so we return to the stone age of spawning where you spawn in designated locations (Read: Memorize-able) and can get dropped with a headshot before your screen changes from black.

I don't even blame 343 or Bungie for this one, I blame the collection of drooling imbeciles that constitute a very vocal percentage of the Halo community. Those idiots compain when things go RIGHT and for reasons I'll never understand the developers acquiesce. Tip to developers: You can always get NEW morons to buy your game, you don't have to hang on to the old ones!

Sorry for the rant. Invasion was pretty good. I don't miss it exactly and I don't want it in Halo 4 without other changes happening first (Reduction in shield recharge delay, can you imagine having to rush a capture point when you have to wait 6 seconds for your shield to start recharging?), but it won't happen in Halo 4 for programming reasons (Putting in a new gametype and maps that support it would likely exceed the reach of a normal patch, plus you don't need another 6v6 tactical gametype). I would at least like them to take some lessons from the smart moves of the past and get things like the battle buddy system back in ALL team gametypes.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot Invasion even existed until you just mentioned it.  Dominion is so much better than Invasion it isn't even worth discussing.  

Woah, better. Well I guess if you like so much as a symmetrical gametype go ahead. I'm sure you enjoy 2flag better than 1 flag also I'm assuming. I could be wrong, but that is what you are telling me. Especially when two flag is all about strategy when 1 flag is like one team camp, other team do work.