Grenades are a joke

Euxz

Grenades are the worst in Halo 4 as it was in Halo Reach. It wasn't a grenade game in halo 3 as bad and BARELY in halo 2. I'm so tired of grenades being thrown SO DAMN MUCH. It's completely ridiculous how many grenades are thrown in a regular slayer game. Make grenades a bit less powerful or lessen the amount on the maps and make it so you spawn with 1. And please play more than one game of team slayer (or any 4v4 game type) before you comment on how wrong I am.

• Like 4

Isn't it ironic that grenades are actually scarce in this game?

Seriously though, Grenades are a legitimate tool of destruction. I use them to put dents in teams or make people 1 shot in 1v1. I doubt you will see a change in this.

Are you kidding me? It's not like it takes you a while to die, average life about 20-45 seconds but there are a lot of people that put a third nade perk. Thats ridiculous and an explosive perk. And it isn't a "dent" it's constant hail fire of grenades. They will always first reaction to throw a grenade when they see anyone. I got naded 4 times after a semi-fail sticky detonator, and not even that scenario, its all of them. Constant grenades and I think they should nerf them a bit. I know it's not going to happen becasue 343 doesn't always listen to good ideas or bad ones if that's what you're calling mine. But whatever I'm just ranting.

Grenades are weaker in this game than they were in Reach (They were insane in Reach). I can't say for sure how they stack up against Halo 3 or 2 or CE grenades, been too long since I used those.

The reason you suffer a constant hail is because people die a lot and come back with new grenades. The reason you die a lot is because the game is keeping you from surviving too long via other means (Did you notice you're one-shot for something like 2 seconds longer than previous Halo games?). There isn't much to be done about it really.

You're probably just putting yourself into bad situations or playing too aggressively. Most people I see dying to nades (me included) are those who are too eager to chase someone around a corner after getting their shields down. Now the kamikaze sticky guys who will just toss their plasmas even when they have a perfectly good chance of fighting back with other means, that is annoying, no doubt. But those guys usually miss unless you just run in straight lines like a nub.

You're probably just putting yourself into bad situations or playing too aggressively. Most people I see dying to nades (me included) are those who are too eager to chase someone around a corner after getting their shields down. Now the kamikaze sticky guys who will just toss their plasmas even when they have a perfectly good chance of fighting back with other means, that is annoying, no doubt. But those guys usually miss unless you just run in straight lines like a nub.

...or you back pedal to avoid their CQB weapons.

Happens to me a lot, putting maximum distance between themselves and me is the only way I can put them down in time, that means going straight back, and then they realize they're going to lose and go for the stick.

I get stuck a lot more than I'd like :(

Are you kidding me? It's not like it takes you a while to die, average life about 20-45 seconds but there are a lot of people that put a third nade perk. Thats ridiculous and an explosive perk. And it isn't a "dent" it's constant hail fire of grenades. They will always first reaction to throw a grenade when they see anyone. I got naded 4 times after a semi-fail sticky detonator, and not even that scenario, its all of them. Constant grenades and I think they should nerf them a bit. I know it's not going to happen becasue 343 doesn't always listen to good ideas or bad ones if that's what you're calling mine. But whatever I'm just ranting.

Only advice I can give to you is "play smarter". Don't put yourself into a corner where you can be easily naded. Don't turn a corner where you know an enemy is too fast, odds are they threw one first.

Only advice I can give to you is "play smarter". Don't put yourself into a corner where you can be easily naded. Don't turn a corner where you know an enemy is too fast, odds are they threw one first.

Wow. I do play smart (KD is well but I'm not competitive any more, was on halo 3) but people constantly throw grenades. I don't get how you don't understand, you don't need to be in a corner to be nade whored. Plus you can spawn with plasma nades, that's hell. I just played another game on a decent big map and still nade whored. It's so trash. I'm just going to sell this game. I have had problems like this for months and today just sold it. I bet the amount of grenades thrown in Halo 4 is more than CoD BO2 and MW3 combined. Getting halo 5 for campaign and then selling it. 343 didn't do well in MY opinion. I'll stick to bungie and yes I know they made reach, that's why they sold the franchise because they know they did bad on it. Good bye forums.

The perks (Grenadier and Resupply) have a lot to do with the amount of grenades available, also the perk explosives makes them easier to use, in normal slayer I use resupply/exposives and it is a very good combo.

The instant respawn probably makes it seem like there are more grenades being thrown that was the norm in previous games.

Its not really a problem as far as I can see but I can see how one may think they are too common. Haven for example has 12 grenades for pickup and each player starts with 2 so thats 38 nades from the getgo not including possible grenadier use.

This kind of play is not new just that the normal slayer maps lend themselves to grenade use quite well, so it really is something you have to just learn to play around, there are many tips and tricks to help..

You're probably not playing smart then considering there's a way smaller supply of nades in halo 4 compared to previous games and even with resupply you don't get the number of nades you got in previous games

Thats a bit unfair... there are lots of nades in Halo 4 and amount used to time played would prob be higher than previous Halo games.. As said above in just 1 example 38 nades on Haven from the start (not including grenadier), then if resupply is on and with instant respawn this can actually increase lol,

Lots of nades that cause lots of damage, changing play style will help, its not smarter its just different lol..

There are a lot of valid points here. I know that I tend to be a giant target for the bean-bag toss champions of Halo. Shouldn't these grenadiers go play a healthy game of Cornhole (American Cornhole Association (ACA))? The thing that I don't get is how come sometimes when a grenade goes off 5 feet from you, you dye. Yet other times they land directly on them and survive? It's never consistent.

• Like 1

Isn't that the point? Throwing a really good grenade changes the state of the skirmish. It takes just as much skill as anything.

No it doesn't, with instant respawn, instead of 5 second respawn, it's safe to say an extra 20-40 grenades are thrown per game depending on the gametype. Games like Oddball, easily 40 more a game as the average life is only 10-20 seconds, as people just run straight in as they don't have to worry about spawn times.

Spawn, THROW, THROW (some people THROW AGAIN) sprint, shot, die. *Repeat* 20-40 times a game

No it doesn't, with instant respawn, instead of 5 second respawn, it's safe to say an extra 20-40 grenades are thrown per game depending on the gametype. Games like Oddball, easily 40 more a game as the average life is only 10-20 seconds, as people just run straight in as they don't have to worry about spawn times.

Spawn, THROW, THROW (some people THROW AGAIN) sprint, shot, die. *Repeat* 20-40 times a game

You have to consider that people that rely on that are the kids that are horrible and dying every 5 seconds to the other team, which is of more help than harm anyway

• Like 1

Yeah, people that actually live longer than 45 seconds actually find themselves running out of grenades more often than not. Also, most people will use their grenades before they engage you so scavenging spares with ressuply is hit or miss. Especially on modes like Regicide where you can't always rely on team shot to get their shields down that little extra bit.

Grenades are a little bit of a problem in this game. The amount some players throw in one game is BS. Especially on the map Adrift. I can count how many times I'll be walking down one of the corridors and see 1-2 enemies around the corner so I move forward a little bit and get greeted by 3-4 grenades in a matter of 2-3 seconds......Really?

I use grenades just like everyone else and I know they have uses but, if the only way you're able to kill someone is to throw 2-3 grenades to get them one shot so you can get the kill then you have some problems.

Please, plasma grenades are at their weakest in this version of halo. In previous games the area of effect on the explosion was much larger, and more deadly.

There are so many legitimate problems with halo 4, but grenades aren't one of them.

Grenades are one of the 3 main facets of halo gameplay, the other two being Melee, and Guns.

Guns, Grenades, Melees.

The triple grenade perk isn't even that overpowered, you can't use it in conjunction with grenade resupply, (which would happen by default on other halo games, well rather you were just getting what the guy had on him but still.) and in other halos before halo 3 you could use FOUR of each grenade type. You have no idea what true grenade spam was.

I dont know if I really see any difference in grenade usage in Halo 4 from the other Halo games. In bigger maps grenades are less common unless you are in a confined space such as a building. In smaller maps they are spammed just as much as in the other Halo games to me. I watched hordes of vids from Halo 2-Reach and people spam about the same in all the games really.

Nothing new to be honest.