Why halo is falling apart

EpicBeaver

The awnser lies somewhere in here. You must read the whole thing to understand. We all know campaign is nice. But then think to yourself, "what was the real reason i bought this game?"

FOR MULTIPLAYER!

And the awnser to your question, it is falling apart because of THIS forum. Some people are just so unbearable on this forum, 343i abandoned us. We have no say in halo. They make there money, there happy. But all the haters here broke the game for us all. Honestly, i didnt notice the sucky ranking system until i joined here! I didnt realise the boltshot needs a nerf. I didnt realise DMR is so hated. And you know what, i wish i didnt. We are killing the game for each other. If you point out every little detail of what goes wrong, people will hate on 343i for not making the PERFECT game. You know what? When your there age, go make the perfect video game where everyone is happy. Go do it. I dare you. They are just people. They make this game. We play it. Its not they make the game. We hate on every little detail. Think to yourself for a second before you post on this. I know people who will say im wrong and its all 343i's fault and im exagerating. Im not. You are. If you cant see YOU are the reason this game is dying, then get outa this forum! If they cant fix it to perfection, stop breaking it.

Peace.

-EpicBeaver

• Like 1

Wrong on so many levels.

I know that SO many players bought Halo 4 for the campaign alone, spartans ops and Forge. And don't even touch multiplayer.

This forum is no cause for "falling apart", that is a load of nonsense. If you didn't realise those things until now, it's because you didn't have a solid opinion of your own, and you got swung pretty quickly. No one made you believe it. 343 need to know the faults of the games they make, just like every game developer, if they don't, how are they meant to make this "perfect" game you speak of? They can't.

Why should we make a game to prove a point? We can understand how much work goes into making a game that took 4 years to build from nothing.

Halo 4 does have a lot of highs, but it definitely has many faults. Anyone saying otherwise is lying to themselves, because it's fact, and needs to be addressed, just like what 343i is currently doing. Even Frank O'Connor said it himself.

I have seen many people hate the game, and that hasn't swung me from saying Halo 4 is the best Halo made in many points, but saying the people who don't like it are the ONLY cause for it "falling apart" is such a bad argument. Because just like the developers, we are people too and have a right to express an opinion. Just like anyone in the world.

• Like 9

This thread is... omg...

All games tend to receive harsh criticism from the player base. Everybody has opinions and are not likely to agree on everything. Your not knowing that the boltshot needed a nerf until you came to these forums does not speak about the quality of these forums... it speaks about a mistake that was made in the game and someone being unobservant.

Edited by SweatyBagels
  • Like 4

I liked the part where they clearly sold the game on its multiplayer element with the tagline ''Wake up, John'.

You know something else? People have the right to complain about stuff they don't like. For me, Halo 4 is fine as it is. No, it's not perfect: I haven't played a game I would describe as perfect in a very long time, and Halo 4 doesn't come close to that. A lot of people are very upset about legitimate problems: the file share issue sucks, there are still problems with calculating collision damage, it's possible to be killed while simultaneously being converted in Flood mode, there really aren't very many maps, and cutting out custom game modes like Assault and Race doesn't make sense, even if they weren't going to be used as playlists. But ultimately, I still enjoy playing it, and think for the most part the core gameplay is solid and the campaign is on a par with ODST's, which I had previously regarded as the best one of all.

That doesn't mean everyone who disagrees with me needs to be silenced, though. I hate seeing duplicate threads of the same old topics over and over again as much as anyone: I get that a lot of people think the DMR is overpowered against the other precision weapons. I get that a lot of people want the Boltshot nerfed, or the Gauss Warthog removed, or more loadout weapons, or new playlists brought in, or a 1-50 ranking system brought in, or whatever. We don't need more threads about them for me to understand: it's not going to change the fact that I disagree with them.

But that doesn't mean we can just ignore their opinions altogether.

Besides, if you're mature enough to contribute to a forum, you're mature enough to make up your mind for yourself. If you're someone who thinks the DMR is fine, and then read a post which changes your mind, has that really ruined the game for you? What's wrong with hearing new ideas and them agreeing with them?

EDIT: Minor spelling and grammar.

Edited by RedStarRocket91
  • Like 3

The awnser lies somewhere in here. You must read the whole thing to understand. We all know campaign is nice. But then think to yourself, "what was the real reason i bought this game?"

FOR MULTIPLAYER!

And the awnser to your question, it is falling apart because of THIS forum. Some people are just so unbearable on this forum, 343i abandoned us. We have no say in halo. They make there money, there happy. But all the haters here broke the game for us all. Honestly, i didnt notice the sucky ranking system until i joined here! I didnt realise the boltshot needs a nerf. I didnt realise DMR is so hated. And you know what, i wish i didnt. We are killing the game for each other. If you point out every little detail of what goes wrong, people will hate on 343i for not making the PERFECT game. You know what? When your there age, go make the perfect video game where everyone is happy. Go do it. I dare you. They are just people. They make this game. We play it. Its not they make the game. We hate on every little detail. Think to yourself for a second before you post on this. I know people who will say im wrong and its all 343i's fault and im exagerating. Im not. You are. If you cant see YOU are the reason this game is dying, then get outa this forum! If they cant fix it to perfection, stop breaking it.

Peace.

-EpicBeaver

For a fact this forum is not causing Halo 4 to fall apart. I understand that you are only 11 years old, but there are some realities that you need to hear if you are going to criticize the members of this forum.

One: Halo 4 was shipped to the customers as an unfinished game, period. They are attempting to finish the game as we play it, but many players have been upset.

Two: Fans have every single right to criticize a company for a product that they have spent hard earned money on.

Three: I know you, hopefully, did not intend to insult or put down those who have negative criticisms, yet you can not let others views on the game change yours if you love the game. This forum discusses the Halo series. Many of us have been fans of this game since before you were born. I mean nothing bad by that, just think bout how long we have played and been fans.

The fans are not what hurts the game. I am sorry if you feel finding out about others dislikes has caused you any discomfort, but this is the way things are.

• Like 3

Wrong on so many levels.

I know that SO many players bought Halo 4 for the campaign alone, spartans ops and Forge. And don't even touch multiplayer.

Have you considered WHY they don't even touch multiplayer?

Halo lost a lot of it multiplayer fan base with Reach, at least that's when I started seeing a lot of people focused on Forge and such. Forge definitely picked up a lot of fans in Halo 3 though, and those people would have spent more and more game time doing the thing they wanted.

Those same people picked up Halo 4, are disappointed in Forge, and have yet to feel any different about the multiplayer.

So with laggy Spartan Ops, cookie cutter multiplayer, limited Forge and Custom Game options, and a bad campaign*, how do all these people feel about their purchase?

Buying the game is one step, continuing to put it in your Xbox for a good time is where the real test is. I put it in my Xbox to play with friends, not because I think it's an enjoyable game. The most fun I've had with Halo 4 in the last month was when someone made fun of the wheezy Warthog sound on Halowaypoint.

I have seen more than enough people looking for something else to do. Perhaps we'll all go outside once Spring rolls around in the Northern Hemisphere, because there will not be a Halo game inside keeping us away from the sun.

*This is my opinion, the rest isn't. Also an amusing slip: I originally typed "game" instead of "campaign" even though I always intended to type "campaign."

are interested means it has to not be good or appealing enough for them to try?

anyways Op Just stop it. lol.

It can mean they're just not interested. Doesn't mean it's bad, just means they're only interested in single player stuff.

Yes, because they don't have XBL. That's why they don't touch it. Or they just aren't interested in it entirely.

Nothing to do whether the multiplayer is good or not.

I hope you're joking.

Everyone I know who plays Halo has XBL, with the exception of my brothers and RL friends, that's why I know them.

You haven't answered the question of WHY they might not be interested in it, and you're assuming a lot of knowledge suggesting you know exactly why people do or don't do one thing or another. The fact is everyone does their own thing for different reasons.

I talk to people who share these reasons.

They haven't been interested in Halo multiplayer since Reach, they haven't been impressed with Halo 4's multiplayer, and they don't like its Forge offerings either.

Now I will admit that these same people would probably be more interested in Forge even if the multiplayer were better, because that's what they like and that's fine, but that doesn't change the fact that Forge sucks, they find it easier to ignore multiplayer because multiplayer sucks, and Halo 4 generally just kinda sucks.

Here are some of them now:

I hope you're joking.

Everyone I know who plays Halo has XBL, with the exception of my brothers and RL friends, that's why I know them.

You haven't answered the question of WHY they might not be interested in it, and you're assuming a lot of knowledge suggesting you know exactly why people do or don't do one thing or another. The fact is everyone does their own thing for different reasons.

I talk to people who share these reasons.

They haven't been interested in Halo multiplayer since Reach, they haven't been impressed with Halo 4's multiplayer, and they don't like its Forge offerings either.

Now I will admit that these same people would probably be more interested in Forge even if the multiplayer were better, because that's what they like and that's fine, but that doesn't change the fact that Forge sucks, they find it easier to ignore multiplayer because multiplayer sucks, and Halo 4 generally just kinda sucks.

Here are some of them now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KMaKVDEBqoY

I'm not joking. Even our Member of the Month doesn't have XBL and has never had it. So there, proof for you.

And have this quote, this proves my point correct. And I talk to people. I'm not living under a rock getting no information from anyone. And since I've been on this forum far longer than you, I have gained enough knowledge from people I've talked to. You haven't.

It can mean they're just not interested. Doesn't mean it's bad, just means they're only interested in single player stuff.

Sounds like the problem is you. If you'd rather not know the DMR is overpowered or w/e, just stop caring enough to check the forums. Complaining about the tiniest details will always be rampant while the internet exists (in its current format anyways) even about superior products since it provides such an easy outlet for vocal minorities. If you let that get to you, that's your fault.

I'm not joking. Even our Member of the Month doesn't have XBL and has never had it. So there, proof for you.

And have this quote, this proves my point correct. And I talk to people. I'm not living under a rock getting no information from anyone. And since I've been on this forum far longer than you, I have gained enough knowledge from people I've talked to. You haven't.

What? You just quoted yourself to pretend it lended validity to your own argument?

Also I don't know who the member of the month is and I mean no offense to them when I say I also don't care. I don't care who the member of the month is in my own clan.

Given that you've shown no ability to argue your point and a lot of ability to look ridiculous, I'm gonna let this one go for your sake.

[sarcasm]Also your post count definitely correlates directly to your knowledge of the game and its community [/sarcasm].

What? You just quoted yourself to pretend it lended validity to your own argument?

Also I don't know who the member of the month is and I mean no offense to them when I say I also don't care. I don't care who the member of the month is in my own clan.

Given that you've shown no ability to argue your point and a lot of ability to look ridiculous, I'm gonna let this one go for your sake.

[sarcasm]Also your post count definitely correlates directly to your knowledge of the game and its community [/sarcasm].

I quoted myself since you completely ignored the post and a good reason why people don't play multiplayer. Ignorance on your part.

If you don't know who they are, that's your problem, but seeming they're a big part of the community. It lends a good point to know that even well known people don't have things you do.

Edited by Azaxx

I will say, some of my... acquaintances are the best forgers I have ever seen, and they aren't even level 3. I agree with Azaxx in his first post on this thread. I don't play Halo that much, because I do other things like Piano, Philosophy, and Writing, but when I do see people play Forge and the other single-player content, it makes me off the charts amazed and happy.

• Like 1

well my advice for them then is to not buy video games and get gamefly 2 games a month for 24 bucks better then paying 60 bucks for 6 hours of gameplay. they can get threw 4-10 games a month while not having to spend to much on a game.

Haha I love how an insane topic turned into an argument over people playing XBL,

First of OP you make no sense at all in the first post.... would pick out problems but since the entire thing is wolly i'll just leave it at that.

Then the argument about XBL players, well to be honest nowadays to have the ability to play online but choose not to while buying a game designed for it seems silly to me. Modern FPS games are now often more about online play than the game, Halo 4 had a capaign that took me a whole 8 hrs of non rushed play and I might play it 2 or 3 times ever (lets be honest thats how many times till you know it off by heart). It just seems senseless to pay and not to play.

Time on a forum really has nothing to do with info, people are here discussing opinions and all are valid if they are backed up, I love how people tell others they are wrong when their is some legitimacy to what they say lol..

Oh well another meaningful topic for the forum

For a fact this forum is not causing Halo 4 to fall apart. I understand that you are only 11 years old, but there are some realities that you need to hear if you are going to criticize the members of this forum.

One: Halo 4 was shipped to the customers as an unfinished game, period. They are attempting to finish the game as we play it, but many players have been upset.

Two: Fans have every single right to criticize a company for a product that they have spent hard earned money on.

Three: I know you, hopefully, did not intend to insult or put down those who have negative criticisms, yet you can not let others views on the game change yours if you love the game. This forum discusses the Halo series. Many of us have been fans of this game since before you were born. I mean nothing bad by that, just think bout how long we have played and been fans.

The fans are not what hurts the game. I am sorry if you feel finding out about others dislikes has caused you any discomfort, but this is the way things are.

I did not intend to insult or put down things. My point was that people are pointing out things that did not NEED to be mentioned. Im sorry if this offended anyone. Peace

I did not intend to insult or put down things. My point was that people are pointing out things that did not NEED to be mentioned. Im sorry if this offended anyone. Peace

if people only mention the good how does a company know what is bad. If no one put out bad things game companies would have no idea what to improve upon.