Lightside Or Darkside?

FleshBack

Very simple yet profound question with many moral and philosophical consequences.

Just toy around with the idea, like if you lived in a universe where there was definitely a force permeating everything and there were good parts and bad parts to it and you could tap into it for your own ends.

Fine I'm Darkside but I pretend to be lightside. :P

You wouldn't be able to lie about being on the light side.

Yoda: “Afraid are you?”

Anakin: “No, sir.”

Yoda: “See through you we can.”

Mace Windu: “Be mindful of your feelings.”

Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace

You wouldn't be able to lie about being on the light side.

Yoda: “Afraid are you?”

Anakin: “No, sir.”

Yoda: “See through you we can.”

Mace Windu: “Be mindful of your feelings.”

Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace

-.- "Violating personal thoughts we are."

Yeah, I am to put it bluntly. But you can interpret it as a real life moral decision if it will make it easier for you to choose. Like, you can easily metaphorically connect the lightside of the force to good or bad. In doing so you are essentially labeling yourself as "good" or "bad", but I am not trying to put that kind of spin on it.

Putting it into the context of Star Wars and the force makes the subject more approachable as it is more detached and you can have fun with the discussion.

Ok Just wanted to make sure thats what we were talking about here.

As for me I would be somewhere inbetween both of those extremes. I would be more lightside than dark that is for sure however I do have my dark moments... some much darker than others. But personal perceptions are skewed.

I think we would all have our own dark moments as it is what it means to be human--especially tempting to indulge on dark thoughts when you have the power of the force to act on them. Good thing Jedi have such a strict code.

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no death, there is the Force.

I would do light side. For some reason in games that give a a good/bad choice I never do bad. Like I have a conscience on those types of things but in games like AC I will go around stabbing innocent people all the time (and I was very disappointed when innocent people couldn't be killed in ACIII).