How can we save this game?

Maximum Clutch

We can't do anything really, I just hope 343 get the message and don't get their next game out with half the content seemingly missing.

Also your stats can't be right; surely it isn't possible that Reach has more than six times the population of Halo 4?

Actually we can do something. Waiting around for 343 Industries to save the community is not the answer. The community must reach out and find what is good.

We have an incredible amount of talent within our forge community and they create and endless supply of great maps, interesting game types and we have a great resource in scheduling custom games at our disposal.

You have the opportunity to play so many different styles of games, be it old school with no AA's, load outs, etc. and weapons on the maps. You can use the current games types and enjoy an endless supply of competitive maps and there are new game types being created by our forge community every single day.

• Like 4

Well , like AD said, we have a wonderful forge community bringing us great new maps, and providing Feedback for 343 which they may see can help too.

Like i've always said, we can pretty much guarantee that Halo 5 will be much better in terms of how things are handled, until then we must do our part to keep the community alive.

If someone is having issues, try to help them, do your best to keep them coming back to Halo.

Spartan Ops, while not long, is great imo, it adds onto the story and has some pretty god gameplay moments, if not repetitive at times.

It's all a matter of waiting, and doing our best to keep the community alive :)

we can pretty much guarantee that Halo 5 will be much better in terms of how things are handled, until then we must do our part to keep the community alive.

My fear is that by the time Halo 5 comes around, there may not be much of a community to keep alive. People are leaving, and if the stop playing Halo, they probably won't come back because they will be unaware of any changes.

Side note:

343 made a massive TU with Reach, the only reason they won't make one for Halo 4 is because that would truly be admitting that they messed up.

those community forge maps were a step in the right direction. 343 needs to play halo 1 2 3 and find out what made halo halo. they need to be orignal about it Halo was the only game that had things one way and i felt 343 went away from that Along with rushing the game and no competitive playlist really Crippled this game. it can be good but they gotta look like they care they need to shut everyone up and Bring this game back halo is xbox number 1 game it needs to take the reigns back with orginalilty and competitive yet casual gameplay. this might be there first game but they were given so many resources i just can't feel bad. They need to stop saying 1 thing and doing another. We need to keep voicing are concerns so this same mess doesn't happen in halo 5.

My fear is that by the time Halo 5 comes around, there may not be much of a community to keep alive. People are leaving, and if the stop playing Halo, they probably won't come back because they will be unaware of any changes.

Side note:

343 made a massive TU with Reach, the only reason they won't make one for Halo 4 is because that would truly be admitting that they messed up.

i fear 343 will try to pull a cod like thing and Give us just enough gameplay to last us just till halo 5 and repeat and ship new games out once a year, If so thats not the direction anyone wants to see halo go in Halo is a known for playing forever Not picking it up for a month then never touching it i just hope 343 proves me wrong and fixes halo 4 and makes halo 5 an amazing Halo game with orginalilty

i fear 343 will try to pull a cod like thing and Give us just enough gameplay to last us just till halo 5 and repeat and ship new games out once a year

Well 343 has a 10 year contract for 3 games so we won't have to worry about that. But at the rate it's going, Halo 4 won't last another 3 years.

If it were up to me, I would make it so in loadouts we could only start with UNSC weapons, no instant respawn, and no join in progress. I like the idea of loadouts but why would we ship out our soldiers with foreign weapons? Ar, Br, and DMR primary. And only Magnum secondary. None of that stupid boltshot.

Well 343 has a 10 year contract for 3 games so we won't have to worry about that. But at the rate it's going, Halo 4 won't last another 3 years.

If it were up to me, I would make it so in loadouts we could only start with UNSC weapons, no instant respawn, and no join in progress. I like the idea of loadouts but why would we ship out our soldiers with foreign weapons? Ar, Br, and DMR primary. And only Magnum secondary. None of that stupid boltshot.

ehh instant respawn does need to go it does not belong in a halo game. i feel loadouts needs to go to its just not halo theres not enough guns for there to be load outs and all there doing with perks is stripping orginal features away from us and turning it into a perk we are forced to pick *Like picking up gernades a perk* theres so much they need to do i'm really worried but maybe they will change ill see what this TU does then judge any further.

I don't think 343 are planning on "fixing" this game. The problem with corporate idiots is that they're idiots. So they'll have policies like "Never got back on a decision, never apologize for a decision. It hurts your credibility."

One of those idiots is pulling the strings at 343i, that's why we got the stupid game we did, because some idiot was saying "Look at this popular game called Call of Duty, people die fast in that game and they don't have to think too much, that's what players want. No delays to the action, no respawn countdown, just play play play!"

So even though things like 6 second shield recharge delay are hideously bad and do enormous damage to this game, they will never change it. Also they can't/won't change the maps that shipped with the game, which play a huge role in forcing the gameplay into the narrow possibilities in which it already exists.

Basically the attitude that made this game so badly will keep it from ever improving.

Lately all my friends are playing other games OR Halo 4, which means I play Halo 4 if I want to play with friends, because all the "other" games are too different to play all of them. Even when friends aren't online (They usually aren't because this game sucks) I play Halo 4 because I want to be up to snuff when my friends are finally online. It sucks, because this game really does suck, but I built up my network in Halo 3 and I've been suffering for it since Reach. I like my friends still, I like my clan, but they want to adapt and I just want us all to play BF3 or something.

• Like 1

For the love of all that is good, Halo 4 is fine. There is no saving to be done... though, is that Princess Peach over there being taken by Bowser?

we are not bashing this game we want it better if you have played online you can tell the game is Going down and down and down. i think by far 343 biggest issue was also Options they failed to give us enough options on everything They forced us to play a certian way.

They should ditch load outs and drops completely.

AR/pistol/two nades starts - rest from the maps.

Shotties, snipers, battle rifles, rockets, laser, sword is picked up from maps.

Nades/ammo are scavenged as default.

Overshield, extra damage, regenerator are only items in, and is picked up from map.

Set up a pure slayer playlist, no slayer pro, no slayer dmr/br crap (have those starts in a special playlist). Just pure slayer.

There you have it. All WIN for casuals and pros & good times back again.

They should ditch load outs and drops completely.

AR/pistol/two nades starts - rest from the maps.

Shotties, snipers, battle rifles, rockets, laser, sword is picked up from maps.

Nades/ammo are scavenged as default.

Overshield, extra damage, regenerator are only items in, and is picked up from map.

Set up a pure slayer playlist, no slayer pro, no slayer dmr/br crap (have those starts in a special playlist). Just pure slayer.

There you have it. All WIN for casuals and pros & good times back again.

Except I still have to wait 6 seconds for my shield to start recharging, I still don't vote for Exile for fear I'll end up on red team, DEFAULT ammo and 'nade scavenging is: Yes Ammo, NO nades, the AR which you want me to start with is still an awful gun that needs to reload after every kill, the maps are still circular in flow with no strong points, and I still have to hammer X after I die to avoid being embarrassed for Halo when I see a killcam.

Except I still have to wait 6 seconds for my shield to start recharging, I still don't vote for Exile for fear I'll end up on red team, DEFAULT ammo and 'nade scavenging is: Yes Ammo, NO nades, the AR which you want me to start with is still an awful gun that needs to reload after every kill, the maps are still circular in flow with no strong points, and I still have to hammer X after I die to avoid being embarrassed for Halo when I see a killcam.

Ideally, instaspawns would be gone too. As for AR starts, what's the problem? If you want a BR or DMR I'm sure theres one to be found instantly or soon enough. Thing is battle rifle starts makes for a completely different gameplay that especially throws casuals off. Why not have Halo a both casual and pro heaven when you can!? I'm certain all these variants of battle rifle slayer and starts puts a ****load of people off. As for nades, what's the problem? Halo was always about well tossed nades. Having one or two at your disposal at all times is good and fun. Have all you people forgot that "all out" mix of long distance engagements combined with CQB that made Halo3 so fun?

The problem with the AR is that it still sucks, you really have to reload after every kill. Thus you end up killing one dude and dying to his friend. That's Halo 4.

As for grenades I think you missed my point, you said make it so you can pick up grenades as default. I said that the DEFAULT settings disallow this, thus it's trickier to implement. I completely agree that it's nice to have more grenades, I just think it's farther away than you think. Default Halo 4 doesn't allow for grenade pick-up. I agree with you that it SHOULD, but right now it doesn't.

343 already admitted their mistakes. Stop feeding off a dead horse like maggots already.

Admitting they made a mistake does absolutely no good if they don't plan on fixing their mistake. If I did something to hurt you, then said "sorry, I made a mistake," would you forgive me? Probably not.

Okay.. This is irritating, and I notice something.

Everyone is focused on multiplayer.

Halo 4 is fine. For their first game ever, this was a GOOD GAME. A REALLY good game. You all should be happy that they kept Master Chief! The fact that Microsoft brought a brand new company in on a great, but dying series and made it feel like HALO is awesome. Halo Reached killed things a bit, but Halo 4 actually FEELS like another Halo game, not a bad remake. Sure it has a few issues, particularly with the love scene ending to the campaign, but honestly this feels like a damn Halo game to me. There aren't any extreme changes, they've made the armor abilities a LOT better, the load outs feel good and I'm happy with it, and the armor is cool. Honestly the multiplayer isn't too bad. It does seem to copy some features of CoD(But I am SO sick of that argument. CoD copied it's features from other things too), such as the Killcam (Which I hate with all my heart) and a few other things, but really the game is doing GOOD. The game isn't dying. It's in development. 343 will be releasing updates and hopefully adding and changing things based on the community's input. They're already adding game modes based on feed back.

And I'm sure that in Halo 5 they will change things and make the game 10x better. 343 obviously WANTS Halo to be good. But they've got a big roll to fill. We have huge expectations. Sure they made a few mistakes with Multiplayer, but don't just focus on THAT. Spartan Ops is pretty ******* cool, particularly with it's own story line, and the campaign is really neat. The exp/Spartan Points can be a little irritating as you hit a dead brick wall at rank 20, but really by the time I hit that I was happy with my equipment. Still working to Rank 21.

Halo just feels like Halo again and I'm just happy as all **** that its getting it's legs again. I'm truly anticipating updates, DLC, and additions to Spartan Ops, and a mentioned Elite Ops.

Basically, TL;DR... Quit your bitching, it's Halo and the developers are new. The game feels like Halo. I call that a pretty good win.

we are not bashing this game we want it better if you have played online you can tell the game is Going down and down and down. i think by far 343 biggest issue was also Options they failed to give us enough options on everything They forced us to play a certian way.

Well now that you mention options, there is no control over specific areas of volume for the game. That I didn't like one bit, and had to refer to subtitles. I wonder how they didn't see (or consider) that.