Don't ever say Halo is dead. AGL was Amazing.

xHoNNy7

The thing that always had be hooked on Halo>CoD as a personal opinion is that someone on CoD can catch you off guard or from a bad angle and instantly destroy you..

But in halo.... Well..

AGL Chicago Loser Finals Pistola out BR'ing Ninja on Station 9

Here you can see Ninja completely messed up and Pistola COMPLETELY DESTROYED HIM WITH GOOD AIM.

Here you can see ninja doing big things though also..

AGL Chicago WB Finals Game 4 Ninja "Poppin some heads"

The point is... Halo is a skilled game and isn't going anywhere but UP if anywhere in the community..

Halo isn't dying anytime soon..

Not saying CoD isn't good and not saying CoD doesn't require skill because it DOES REQUIRE A LOT OF SKILL.. just different type of skill and a different fan base... both are good games in my opinion..

Anyways here is what I have to say about the AGL tournament from today.

As well all know MLG recently had made the decision that the wouldn't OR couldn't pickup Halo 4 for the upcoming MLG event in Dallas...

With that being said it caused a major stir in the community from players putting the nail in the H4 coffin to players building their CoD treehouse... either way.. it was a sad moment for the community since Halo and MLG have always been known to go hand in hand with the exception of Reach being a roller coaster ride for MLG.

Of course we could not let Halo die, and you can see from the Arena Gaming League tournament in Chicago that HALO ISN'T DEAD and is no way on the way of falling apart...

Not to say this tournament was perfect because their were problems and the people hosting and working on it already know what went right and went wrong so I don't need to specify any of those.

It was an amazing event to watch with a vast amount of players doing insane plays, callouts, positioning, and of course.. the TRASH TALK..

From Ninja's amazing play on that Haven oddball to Pistola absolutely murdering Ninja later on in a game with a crazy out BR, to FORMAL's AMAZING sniping in the finals, it was all GG's here and there.

This event truely showed what the community and the pro's are capable of... oh and just in.. Carbon is getting back together so that's always a light in this dimly lit scene that many portray the Halo community as. Myself personally would view this scene as a time bomb that is about to blow up and bloom some flowers! As I found AGL AMAZING! For anyone who missed it you should go watch the rebroadcast... anyways here are some links..

http://arenagaming.us/

http://www.twitch.tv/arenagamingleague

https://twitter.com/ArenaGaming_

https://www.youtube.com/NinjasHyper

https://twitter.com/NinjaRTB

https://twitter.com/iGotUrPistola

https://twitter.com/xHoNNy7

"10h Scott R Lussier Scott R Lussier ‏@Scandhi

Lord of the Rings: The Return of #Carbon - coming to a local east coast tournament near you. @GH057ayame RT."

Anyways, Happy Gaming. #SaveHalo ; ) <3

• Like 6

Finally, someone gets it. Halo isn't dying. Halo 4 has bugs, and they were forced to release a bit early. SO FREAKIN' WHAT? A bit of time to work out the bugs and add new things.

And considering that 343 Studios has never made a Halo game before.. They made a damn good Halo game.

Overall it was a pretty good tournament even tho we were forced to watch ninja so much. i only watched sunday's But a few things i noticed that really hurt the game.

That instant respawn on ball Made oddball so luck based I literly saw People throw the ball to there teamate die then spawn next to the ball and have the balled passed to them it was ugly to me anyways i feel instant respawn is a BIG no no in halo 4 even on slayer. people would die then spawn and sprint right back to were they lost to the guy and get a quick kill It was ugly to me. Extraction is pretty good i enjoyed that gametype. CTF was really nice i still have some issues with force grabbing the flag but not big it was still good. there were only 5-6k veiwers watching the finals which was Low but I'm sure not alot heard about it. all and all i feel halo 4 is Slowly dieing Yes but this is 343 fault i feel they can bring out a good TU then this game might be saved. This game is a step in the right direction from reach but not a big one.

This shows there are still people out there that believe in the idea of being a pro in Halo. They attend leagues such as AGL as a way to get exposure and validity (and money) even if it isn't on a big of stage as MLG.

Halo can still be competitive as long as there are people out there willing to make it so, so it boils down to that.

I got on today and there was only 12k people online. Halo 4's population is declining, and fast.

You probably got early in the morning on east coast time. That is when no one is on because I'm assuming most people who play the game are on the east coast.

Typically at 12 pm it jumps back up.

Time should not matter unless the game was not sold in other countries.

Obviously time would matter :facepalm:

Unless Halo 4 sold the exact same number of copies in every single time zone around the world, you are going to see a population that rises and declines accordingly.

As for the first video in the OP... It seems like that happens to me every other game xD

I don't enjoy watching people play, I enjoy playing. MLG, AGL, montages, whatever it is will never make the game more fun to PLAY. I don't say Halo is dead because I'm hopeful even though it looks hopeless. I've never felt the competitive scene was representative of the community as a whole. Those dudes get paid to play. I don't. I have to pay to play in fact.

However as others have said as long as there are people playing it there will be a game to be played, and competitiveness is there when you bring it and not one second before.

• 3 months later...

When Ever I hear someone say that Halo 4 is dead I just think... "What? Really? Bioshock 2 has less than 55 people online, on the weekend, on a holiday, at the peak times of the day... And I can still play it, find a match, and have fun, and it takes at most... Like... 3 minutes MAX to find a game!"

So if a game that's not even on the top 35 XBL population still has fans, And I can still find matches than how is a game in the top 10 Dead? 

And look at games like Gears of War Judgment, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, or even Assassins Creed 3, all of those games are fairly new, and they died faster than Halo 4 is... PLUS some came out AFTER Halo 4 and now you cant even find a soul in the lobbies...

Halo 4 is far from dead. Maybe it is dying, and maybe it is dead for a Halo game but I mean come on, to go as far as saying it is a ghost town... 

toatly agree with u halo is far from dead halo 4 is the best halo yet a mix of casul comtive and mlg

I thought you didn't like Halo 4 that much... Anyways, Halo 4 is an awesome game, I love it a LOT but I don't think it's the best Halo game. I preferred Halo 3 and CE. Those are my top 2. But it's 343's first original Halo game, and they did so well, I think they have what it takes to make the best Halo ever.

time of day should matter little since this game sold big time in Europe too. Thing is, Europeans ditched this game six months ago. Never to return. BO2 goes down to ~200k non us prime and then goes up to ~500k prime. Everyday. Halo 4 has no excuse. Apart from the same excuse all games have now; the XBox360 is dead.

BTW when I see the video above I can't help thinking> FFS HAVE THAT SHIELD RECOVER FASTER YOU ****** 343!!!

Oh. Sorry about that. Had to get it out. Over and out.

• Like 1

time of day should matter little since this game sold big time in Europe too. Thing is, Europeans ditched this game six months ago. Never to return. BO2 goes down to ~200k non us prime and then goes up to ~500k prime. Everyday. Halo 4 has no excuse. Apart from the same excuse all games have now; the XBox360 is dead. BTW when I see the video above I can't help thinking> FFS HAVE THAT SHIELD RECOVER FASTER YOU ****** 343!!! Oh. Sorry about that. Had to get it out. Over and out.

Once I got over my initial excitement about weapon rebalancing I hit a wall where I realized "Wait a sec, my shield will still take forever to recharge and the maps will still be those circle-jerk flankfests that force senseless gameplay."

I did say I'd give it another try whenever the weapons were fine-tuned though, so I will.

Wait until you get caught mid-sprint. That'll really make you never wanna press A (for bumper jumpers) again. I don't know if I wanna get to a certain part of the map faster at the risk of getting 4sk before I can turn around and split like Shaggy and Scooby.

I don't know if I wanna get to a certain part of the map faster at the risk of getting 4sk before I can turn around and split like Shaggy and Scooby.

That was made me laugh. Halo isn't going to die until cod becomes unpopular (in my opinion).