Halo is nothing like CoD...

icycoolx

A large amount of people keep saying "Halo is turned into CoD therefore it sucks automatically because CoD sucks too." The features that we have in Halo still do not make the gameplay anything like Call of Duty's gameplay. Why the games are so different even when they have similar features. What people don't realize is that the things in CoD are not features that only CoD and Halo have done before. These things like killstreaks, pointstreaks, sprint, kill cams, loadouts, etc are things that FPS's have doing for a long time. Don't just look at CoD and Halo. Look at Battlefield, they use some of these things and yet you people seem to think that only CoD does it? No of course noy, this is game design that continues to try to stay modern over time. Are these things bad in game design? Not unless they are used poorly. Having a few features that are similar to some of CoD's features does not make a game a Call of Duty game. If you honestly think that then you need to rethink FPS games as a whole.

Does that mean these games don't have problems? No of course not, all of these games will have their problems including Halo. However, what I am noticing is some of the Halo community is pointing out things that they seem to think are problems with Halo without really truly pointing out the real problems with Halo.

• Like 1

Now that I have thought about it a little I have come to realize Halo 4 is just the logical progression of the series and the genre in general. 343i just didn't sit down in their board meetings and say:

"Alright guys. This will be a no-brainer money maker. We are gonna make Halo 4, alright guys... But get this... It will be exactly like Halo 3. We'll just give them a new campaign and some toys to play with in multiplayer and call it a day."

I mean, I am sure the thought wasn't passed around the offices a little to cheap out and take the easy way and make just another Halo. That would have been the easy thing to do but I don't think it would have sit right with a lot of people, and I don't think we can say for sure that a more Halo 3-like Halo 4 would be as commercially appealing as it was years ago. The environment is different nowadays, the same tactics don't always work.

That is how we ended up with this Frankensetin of a Halo game that seems to be a poorly patched up Halo 3 borrowing elements from other shooters like Call of Duty and Battlefield. There is a learning curve and I imagine Halo 4 will go down as this company's rough draft, with a better version yet to come.

They took a chance with this Halo and it sort of blew up in their face. This company was obviously not ready to release this product when they did, that is for sure. However, you have to give them a little credit for trying to take a chance and bring something new to the game. While a lot of things could have been done differently, or not at all, I know someone up there is like, "Well we can't just keep giving them the same Halo". Granted, they unnecessarily stuffed it with features that saturate the FPS genre, I think they know they screwed up. I think the population numbers will speak for themselves.

Halo 5 will probably be this generation's Halo 2. Call it wishful thinking but I put enough faith in them to learn from their mistakes and not do any more damage to the series than has already been done. If I am wrong than this game will just fail, but If I am right than it may be possible that we have yet to play the best Halo and that Halo's best times are not behind it.

• Like 2

i feel like i'm playing a more frustrated version of cod With sheilds and all when i pick up my halo 4 controller and Alot of people also feel the same.

You commonly put that "alot of people also feel the same" as a reinforcer to give your post validity. You don't need it and your post would have the same affect without it. Many people will have the same opinion as you and they will actively express that opinion if it is that important to them. So in making your post people will read it and think"oh, he thinks that way too" and maybe come to ponder it. By saying that "alot of people think that way too" you are trying to speak for other people which could genuinly be what they thought or just something you added to the end of your post to give it some authority.

Now that I have thought about it a little I have come to realize Halo 4 is just the logical progression of the series and the genre in general. 343i just didn't sit down in their board meetings and say:

"Alright guys. This will be a no-brainer money maker. We are gonna make Halo 4, alright guys... But get this... It will be exactly like Halo 3. We'll just give them a new campaign and some toys to play with in multiplayer and call it a day."

I mean, I am sure the thought wasn't passed around the offices a little to cheap out and take the easy way and make just another Halo. That would have been the easy thing to do but I don't think it would have sit right with a lot of people, and I don't think we can say for sure that a more Halo 3-like Halo 4 would be as commercially appealing as it was years ago. The environment is different nowadays, the same tactics don't always work.

That is how we ended up with this Frankensetin of a Halo game that seems to be a poorly patched up Halo 3 borrowing elements from other shooters like Call of Duty and Battlefield. There is a learning curve and I imagine Halo 4 will go down as this company's rough draft, with a better version yet to come.

They took a chance with this Halo and it sort of blew up in their face. This company was obviously not ready to release this product when they did, that is for sure. However, you have to give them a little credit for trying to take a chance and bring something new to the game. While a lot of things could have been done differently, or not at all, I know someone up there is like, "Well we can't just keep giving them the same Halo". Granted, they unnecessarily stuffed it with features that saturate the FPS genre, I think they know they screwed up. I think the population numbers will speak for themselves.

Halo 5 will probably be this generation's Halo 2. Call it wishful thinking but I put enough faith in them to learn from their mistakes and not do any more damage to the series than has already been done. If I am wrong than this game will just fail, but If I am right than it may be possible that we have yet to play the best Halo and that Halo's best times are not behind it.

The game has the features and primary aspects that it needs but fails to fill in the crevices. This game was built like a map with moderate detail but when people try to use it to navigate they become confused, flustered, and even frustrated. This is because they get caught up with all the imperfections of the map instead of focusing on using the map.

There is really nothing wrong with this except that people don't enjoy the game as much as they could because they are continually raging over the flaws, therefor, making their opinions of the game even MORE negatively biased.

The xbox 360 itself is dying, not the game in general. Since the game only has 45k-60k on matchmaking at a time and is in 4th place in matchmaking population then it really isn't doing too bad. Keeping that in mind, that many people 5 years ago would have been more of a joke for a AAA game. The games aren't getting worse or less popular; they are just suffering for xbox 360's diminishing popularity.

for him to right a thread on it and mention it there has to be a large amount of people but he said it. No need to be upset.

Just because he thinks that way doesn't mean that a lot of other people think the same way. What I was saying is that in saying "alot of people think that way" wouldn't be the same as actually seeing the people post about it. When you write "alot of people think that way" people normally disregard it and take it with a grain of salt because it fails to really demonstrate how many people actually think that way. -It is not proof, just someone saying that there is a possibility of showing proof. (You understand my reasoning here?)

I'm not mad, I just think a lot. And I'm actually happy!!

• Like 2

i feel like i'm playing a more frustrated version of cod With sheilds and all when i pick up my halo 4 controller and Alot of people also feel the same.

Sir, CoD uses those features, and is popular.

It does not, however, make them the first. As the OP stated, games have been using those features for a very long time. Kill streak bonuses, item drops, loadouts, everything has been used by countless games before CoD started to even CONSIDER using them. The fact that so many people believe that just because something is popular that it is the one being copied, is ridiculous and just shows how blind you are. If anything, CoD copied all of those features off of a variety of games, with very few of them being unique.

Now, if you would please step away and let the adults talk amongst themselves.

• Like 1

Sir, CoD uses those features, and is popular.

It does not, however, make them the first. As the OP stated, games have been using those features for a very long time. Kill streak bonuses, item drops, loadouts, everything has been used by countless games before CoD started to even CONSIDER using them. The fact that so many people believe that just because something is popular that it is the one being copied, is ridiculous and just shows how blind you are. If anything, CoD copied all of those features off of a variety of games, with very few of them being unique.

Now, if you would please step away and let the adults talk amongst themselves.

No dude, he is saying that the features in halo 4 that are relatable to COD feel stressed and forced into the game. He is not saying that halo stole these from COD. He is stating that the features added to halo were done poorly.

and yes, there is a chance that these features were directly taken from COD by 343 because the game is insanely popular. They probably would not have taken those features if call of duty had failed. would they?

also, he's just giving a description of how halo feels to him, so don't fret about this COD wasn't the first facts that don't really make a difference. The variety of traits brought into halo match what is in call of duty. Yes, COD may have taken those from other games, but COD is the only one which has all the traits put into halo.

You are not mentally an adult until you reach the age of 30, which i doubt you are...

Listen, if Xbox is dying I doubt I would keep up with video games much anymore. I barely caught up with this generation. I was huge on the original Xbox but my family never really had money so I was really late, and I mean really late to the XBox 360 party. Halo 3 and Halo 4 are really the only two games I have played extensively on the 360, and that isn't even really much by anyone's standards.

That being said, I don't see myself doing too much gaming on the new generation of Xboxs or systems in general. I just don't have it in me to keep up with it anymore. And when I hear news about how the next generation won't be nearly as impressive as this generation was years ago... well, those kinds of statements only discourage me further.

Listen, if Xbox is dying I doubt I would keep up with video games much anymore. I barely caught up with this generation. I was huge on the original Xbox but my family never really had money so I was really late, and I mean really late to the XBox 360 party. Halo 3 and Halo 4 are really the only two games I have played extensively on the 360, and that isn't even really much by anyone's standards.

That being said, I don't see myself doing too much gaming on the new generation of Xboxs or systems in general. I just don't have it in me to keep up with it anymore. And when I hear news about how the next generation won't be nearly as impressive as this generation was years ago... well, those kinds of statements only discourage me further.

The next generation of consoles wont be as revolutionary as they where the previous because of cost expenses. The last generation had such an upgrade compared to pc because cheaper and more adaptable technology was created for the consoles. This gave them the technological boost while remaining cost efficient. The next gen consoles will not have this pleasure because even though the technology has advanced, the expenses of it haven't. The next gen consoles will be a significant upgrade but just not to the extent as the previous generation was.

Well I suppose we could just cross our fingers and hope Xbox survives and thrives in the next generation.

I will admit I am a bit ignorant on Xbox 360's falling out of favor. I didn't know it was that bad or why it is happening, as a matter of fact. For one such as I, I can only speculate that people are just spending more time away from games? I don't think it would be because Xbox is failing and everyone is going out and buying PS3's, but then again I don't know the numbers and statistics.

Do you have an idea as to why the system is failing? I'd like to hear it as you're a pretty knowledgeable guy on these forums.

• Like 1

Well I suppose we could just cross our fingers and hope Xbox survives and thrives in the next generation.

I will admit I am a bit ignorant on Xbox 360's falling out of favor. I didn't know it was that bad or why it is happening, as a matter of fact. For one such as I, I can only speculate that people are just spending more time away from games? I don't think it would be because Xbox is failing and everyone is going out and buying PS3's, but then again I don't know the numbers and statistics.

Do you have an idea as to why the system is failing? I'd like to hear it as you're a pretty knowledgeable guy on these forums.

Don't make me blush... The system is not failing. It's just that the console is out of date and getting old. People know that the next gen-consoles are coming out soon and other forms of media have ultimately stolen console users such as the pc, texting, a rising social networking community,and the overall economy. The ps3 is falling in population just like the xbox 360 is...

The xbox 720(durango) will thrive but not to the extent to which the previous consoles did(but it MIGHT cut it close). with halo 5 being an xbox 720 launch title possibly, idk. Microsoft is an ingenius company that won't fail in any marketing attempt unless something seriously goes wrong.

• Like 1

There's a load out system, and you can run. That is basically the extent to which these two games are the same... two features which should be a part of any FPS.

Otherwise, the games play completely differently, which is why I find myself playing Halo.

COD boars me, its so bland. Not to say its not a great game. I know plenty of people who play it religiously.

The next generation of consoles wont be as revolutionary as they where the previous because of cost expenses. The last generation had such an upgrade compared to pc because cheaper and more adaptable technology was created for the consoles. This gave them the technological boost while remaining cost efficient. The next gen consoles will not have this pleasure because even though the technology has advanced, the expenses of it haven't. The next gen consoles will be a significant upgrade but just not to the extent as the previous generation was.

Just thought I would point this out as utterly false.

The current generation is powerful because both companies designed custom chipsets for their machines, which increased manufacturing costs. The CPU was less adaptive and more expensive, which is why both XBOX360 and PS3 were losing money on each machine for the longest time.

The coming generation, both companies will be using standardized, cheaper, more adaptable components, which will make things cheaper for both consumers and manufacturers. At the same time, we might not see the same sort of quantum generational leap that we did between Xbox/Xbox360 (however, this might not be true. they could be very powerful.).

• Like 1

There's a load out system, and you can run. That is basically the extent to which these two games are the same... two features which should be a part of any FPS.

Otherwise, the games play completely differently, which is why I find myself playing Halo.

COD boars me, its so bland. Not to say its not a great game. I know plenty of people who play it religiously.

Just thought I would point this out as utterly false.

The current generation is powerful because both companies designed custom chipsets for their machines, which increased manufacturing costs. The CPU was less adaptive and more expensive, which is why both XBOX360 and PS3 were losing money on each machine for the longest time.

The coming generation, both companies will be using standardized, cheaper, more adaptable components, which will make things cheaper for both consumers and manufacturers. At the same time, we might not see the same sort of quantum generational leap that we did between Xbox/Xbox360 (however, this might not be true. they could be very powerful.).

So I was lied to. Thx for the info. One sad article is going to get a thumbs down.

Excuse my retarded brother i already knew all of that but he decided to start posting on my account. a reliable source for all of this is on: http://www.gamespot.com/features/what-xbox-720-and-playstation-4-will-take-from-pcs-6402954/ -- Hope it serves you well fleshback and sorry u had to point that out Kevin.