Will Cortana Come Back?

Halo Pony

No, it wouldn't. It would be stupid, actually, for four reasons.

1) It would make her sacrifice in Halo 4 completely meaningless.

2) There is no possible way she could have survived. First, she more or less tore herself apart, getting all that data back together would have been a problem regardless of the circumstances. Secondly, that nuclear weapon would have vaporized everything in the surrounding area, including the systems supporting her. Finally, if by some miracle fragments of her had "clung on" on other parts of the ship, they would have degraded pretty quickly in space.

3) Even before the final encounter at the Composer, she seemed to be "dying" from rampancy.

4) Halo 4's story would become pointless.

2) There is no possible way she could have survived. First, she more or less tore herself apart, getting all that data back together would have been a problem regardless of the circumstances. Secondly, that nuclear weapon would have vaporized everything in the surrounding area, including the systems supporting her. Finally, if by some miracle fragments of her had "clung on" on other parts of the ship, they would have degraded pretty quickly in space.

3) Even before the final encounter at the Composer, she seemed to be "dying" from rampancy.

*cough* When chief put her in the ships node thing and The Didact destroyed it, she herself could of merged with it *cough*

Halo without Cortana is not Halo. It would make a lot of people upset if they did not bring her back.

most guys said the same about sgt johnson but i can't find any thread that they rant about halo 4 is incomplete without sgt johnson

and i understand cortana is a bigger character than sgt johnson so i dont think they after halo 4 just drop her, remember in halo 3 she was out of the game to 60%, i belive they will have less cortana in halo5, but i belive they will try to rebuild her from halsey or make a completly new one

A new AI would put the Chief in an awkward position straying away from UNSC and ONI task forces. It'd be the sole plot gadget for Halo 5 when, the things that had spiraled out of control, get even worse. He's both coping with the loss of Cortana, while being dragged around like a machine in ancient ruins on a Halo ring, and back inside Requiems bowels.

The way I see it, it's possible some fragments of her may still be among the wreckage of the Didact's ship. But i doubt there is enough to do anything with. Cortana spoke of the Master Chief possibily getting another AI of her class, which seems to imply they UNSC copied her design at some point. A different class of AI entirely is another possibility, or no AI. We'll see.

If they WERE to bring her back, what I could see happening is the UNSC making another Cortana model from Halsey's brain. However, remember when she touched Chief's chest at the end before she stepped away and the ship collapsed? Maybe some memory or personality fragment is still inside Chief's suit, and will merge with the new AI, slowly turning the "new Cortana" back into what she was before (except for the whole rampancy thing XD). Of course, this is all speculation, and is dependant on if 343 even decided to do something like this.

well your both wrong Cortana died when the composer was destroyed and Halo is not about Cortana its about the chief and that is what Halo 5 and 6 will be about and if she did come back it would make Halo 4 pointless

Again, I'm saying if they WERE to bring her back. I'm not saying they will, cuz I doubt they will.

I think she will come back, but hopefully it will be in Halo 6--in Halo 5, I want to see what Arby has been up to the past four years. He will be Chief's companion for the game. If Cortana came back so soon after she died, it would be rather pointless. Think of it this way: she's not really gone; she's just not here right now.

• Like 1

If you've seen the movie "WALL-E" you would understand what I'm talking about more, If you remember from that movie how WALL-E temporarily lost his memory and got reset. I guess they could do this with Cortana, how they make a new AI with her same characteristics but won't remember the Chief so they would kind of have to rebuild their bond together.. I don't know if they still want to do the whole idea of make the game more about Cortana's and Master Chief's relationship and stuff. But I guess it's an alright idea

I reckon cortana will make a comeback. I think halo 5 and 6 will be about chief losing interest in everything and only focusing on cortana and in the end she'll be stored in on of the didacts terminals like when he stored the ancient humans (now promethian knights) and they'll find a way of reversing the composer making cortana human, obviously there'll be a side threat eg. Didact... But chief will win and 343i will not kill chief off at the end of the trilogy because I'll rip Frank O'Connor's heart out and feed it to Hippo-mice

• 4 months later...

Umm here is one thing if the nuke would have vaporized it would have killed both Master Chief and Cortana. If it had obliterated her than how did she save chief from the explosion?

Umm here is one thing if the nuke would have vaporized it would have killed both Master Chief and Cortana. If it had obliterated her than how did she save chief from the explosion?

There are two possible answers to this Q.

1)  She accessed the suit via wireless and for a moment created a within his mind using the Didacts system resources a vr cube where she could interact with the chief for a time.

2)  Using the Didacts ships hard light emitters she created the hard light space and a projection of herself to say goodbye.