The funny thing about this forum!

EpicBeaver

People of this forum. I love how you all hate things about halo, but you do not cause change. Some of you hate ranking system. Heres an idea, instead of raging on this forum, just send 343 an email! Maybe start a pettiotion. I agree with almost everything you guys hate on (except DMR, it rocks!) maybe make a pettition to get the boltshot nerfed! I knowill sign it! Maybe email them to fix the ranking system! Ill support you! The point is, follow through on things! Dont just say we need change, and abandon it! START THE CHANGE! Maybe you guys dont rage over it, i only know a few ragers. All you non-ragers who want change, but dont want to advertize it to EVERYONE, send an email to 343! Just do something to make change, dont just write it a million times on a website i doubt they even glance at!

That would make sense expect for the fact that 343 are well aware of are concerns but they are choosing to ignore us, bury their head in the sand while they push fail map packs and spartan flops in our faces... The problem is not just the game and how it was put together more of 343's logic and what they chose to put in Halo 4, which is the main cause of the complains !!

The real problem isn't that 343i don't care about what we think - they have to, if they don't listen to us nobody buys their games and so there's nothing to pay their salaries - but that WE don't seem to care what we think.

Give me an opinion on anything in Halo. I mean really, an opinion on ANYTHING. 'The DMR is overpowered'; 'I don't like the new Warthog sound'; 'The maps are too big'; 'I like that Chief talks in-game now'; 'The Promethean weapons are too similar to existing weapons'. In five minutes, I will find someone who not only disagrees with you, but is willing to start a petition against it; 'Don't change the DMR, it's fine as it is'; 'I wish the other vehicles had new sounds, too'; 'The new maps are too small'; 'I want Chief to go back to only talking in cutscenes'; 'The Promethean weapons are too weird'.

Now, if the entire fanbase was united on something - let's go with something stupid, like 'The Magnum should be one-shot-kill in all game modes' - then they'd probably listen to us, because even though that's not what they intended, that's what the fanbase wanted. For example, now everyone gets sprint as well as an armour ability, because something like 80% of the time in Reach, people would use it as their armour ability instead of anything else.

Sometimes they might make a controversial one. Melee bleedthrough was brought in and then removed again: taking it out actually made the game worse in terms of balance as it made beating DMR users almost impossible due to their general superiority over all automatic weapons users at almost any range, but because that's what most players wanted, that's what they did.

However, as long as the community is divided, they're not going to make any changes. If EVERYONE wanted the Boltshot to be nerfed, they'd nerf it. If EVERYONE wanted the Storm Rifle to get a buff, they'd buff it. But because there's no clear consensus about pretty much any aspect of the game, they aren't going to change anything. Sure, it would make a small number of the fanbase happier, but in addition to upsetting a lot of those who'd disagreed with the change, it would also upset a lot of those who had wanted it because it wouldn't have been done in the same way that they'd wanted it.

Ultimately, if you can get a significant majority of the fanbase - and it really must be significant, 75% or something, not just about half - to agree on something, then expect to see changes. If you can't do that, they aren't going to risk changing something which from their perspective is working okay.

one problem with people complaining is that most newcomers seem to think this is the official 343i website. they come here and expect 343 to fix their problems right away when this is just a community forum.

This is supposed to be a place for discussion, not complaining...... which is most of what i read on here nowadays

I post pretty consistently on Halowaypoint but that's about as good as you can get. You can send an e-mail, but chances are they have company e-mails they check and whatever other e-mails they DON'T check. You can start a petition but petitions haven't made a difference in a looooong time. The time of petitions is long gone. I'm not sure if there was ever a time when petitions made a difference, but if it was I suspect it was before I was born (I'm 27).

Halo waypoint isn't any good for multiple reasons, the first of which is the sheer volume of people complaining pushes the best efforts out of sight.

The biggest obstacle I see for getting Halo 4 "fixed" though is that they made it this way, they knew what they were doing, the problem is they had the wrong idea, the wrong plan, and the wrong direction. How do you convince two or three corporations that they are just plain wrong and need to reverse a lot of their decisions? I do it by being a voice among many, complaining like the rest. Becoming a mob is all we have, and finally we have the choice of not playing anymore. I will make the latter choice as soon as none of my friends are playing Halo 4 and I can leave it behind without disappointing them. The only reason I keep playing is because I'd rather play with friends, and to play with friends you can't always choose the game, so I'm willing to play this horrible mockery calling itself "Halo" until I can play something else with my friends.

I do agree with this. However, even if people did send 343 their complaints, that's won't stop people from expressing their feelings towards the Halo games on this fourm. Yes, it would be better to directly email 343 but 1. Who knows if they'll even read it and 2. Who knows if they'll take action based on those complaints.

one problem with people complaining is that most newcomers seem to think this is the official 343i website. they come here and expect 343 to fix their problems right away when this is just a community forum.

This is supposed to be a place for discussion, not complaining...... which is most of what i read on here nowadays

Microsoft Support literally sends people here.

People continue to complain and will continue to do so because of the amount of time it is taking 343i to address the issues. Fileshare was something that should have been working day one and yet here we are over 2 months after release and it still doesn't work. And no ranking system either, 343i should have seen the problem Reach had without a ranking system besides the Arena playlist and done something to amend it.

Another issue they've taken their sweet time with is the play list updates that they said would be weekly and didn't turn into actually being every week until the end of january which is quite sad. They took a playlist that is bound to be successful and left others on that have barely had 2K people in it's population.

343i jumped into boots they were to small and not yet ready to fill. They didn't completely drop the ball with Halo 4 but, they could've done better.

That would make sense expect for the fact that 343 are well aware of are concerns but they are choosing to ignore us, bury their head in the sand while they push fail map packs and spartan flops in our faces... The problem is not just the game and how it was put together more of 343's logic and what they chose to put in Halo 4, which is the main cause of the complains !!

Um, Spartan Ops really did improve upon release of episode 6. It's badass now.

I swore I wouldnt do this again as it gives me too many grey hairs but here I am yet again...

Not picking on you or anything, just trying to make sure I understand your reasons for not liking the game. You seem to be stating that because they went with their new vision of Halo instead of what yours or another fans vision of what Halo is that the game is bad?

I swore I wouldnt do this again as it gives me too many grey hairs but here I am yet again...

Not picking on you or anything, just trying to make sure I understand your reasons for not liking the game. You seem to be stating that because they went with their new vision of Halo instead of what yours or another fans vision of what Halo is that the game is bad?

so you would rather them just bring out there maps as planned while they don't address issues that should have been in since day 1? its kinda frustrating when file share is not out but they can easyly bring out a map pack like its nothing.

1: The question wasnt directed at you. I am certain the man/woman (which ever the case may be) can answer for themselves. Let them do so.

2: Its not an argumentitive question, just one to gain insite into why that particular person seems to have an issue with this game. And since that person is not you, I wonder why you bothered to quote me and reply at all.

3: I am not here to trade barbs with you so kindly dont bother replying to this. The only reason why I posted at all was to ask that one particular person this question due to their post. Simple as that.

Hope that doesnt tick you off AD but its about as neutral as I can get with this kind of crap.

• Like 1

i don't get why your being so uptight and offensive for just asking you a question I'm not trying to be rude but rather understand why you feel the way you feel. If you can't handle a simple question then just don't reply I'm not being rude This is only a forum after all were we voice are own opionons. If you can't handle me posting then i'm sorry you feel that way to my wall of text.

i don't get why your being so uptight and offensive for just asking you a question I'm not trying to be rude but rather understand why you feel the way you feel. If you can't handle a simple question then just don't reply I'm not being rude This is only a forum after all were we voice are own opionons. If you can't handle me posting then i'm sorry you feel that way to my wall of text.

Lol, shut up Tornado. His question was valid, and yours was a convoluted mess. We are all well aware that you hate the new Halo, nobody cares...

Well who ever administrated these forums should really try and fix that. Not unless they like taking advantage of the fact that people think this is 343's official site as a way of drawing more members.

The members take care of it pretty quickly. Also, almost everyone who is sent here by support just creates an account and has like two posts. I'd say few come to stay.