My Pet Peeves in Gaming: Grenade Spamming

Noxus

In the FPS genre, Grenade Spamming is my BIGGEST pet peeve. It's VERY annoying to have an entire team just chuck all their grenades at you and cross their fingers hoping to get a kill. I've seen this A LOT in my couple of years in ppaying Halo over Xbox Live. Throwing ONE grenade and killing you while your one shot is fine. So is throwing one before you die to get your opponent one shot. But throwing ALL of your grenades when someone is right in front of you, in perfect range for you to shoot... no... doesn't fly by me.

This has annoyed me since Reach... not trying to intentionally insult anyone who does it but just expressing my thoughts on such a practice.

Now, there are some exceptions to this like trying to kill someone around a corner or in a building from a distance but still... it's annoying...

(Edit)

Because people seem to keep thinking this I'm going to state that I don't hate grenade usage. I use grenades as well therefore if that was the case, there would be hypocrisy in this whole thing. It's when people don't know how to use them and just chuck them. I should've made that clear and I do apologize for the mixup of thoughts.

i think people do this becuase they know they are going to loose in a gunfire engagement. If player gets hit first and misses thier first shot on the opponent, they know they will most likely loose that gunfight. They figure they could go for a last minute stick or drop your shields for a teamate to come clean you up

Grenades in halo are dif from other games because theyre so integral to the game. In cod theyre just spammmin hopin for a kill. Grenades in halo are a precise and delicate art of the game. If your maad about nades u are at fault not the game. okay

I'm not mad at the use of grenades. I just get annoyed at the fact that sometimes 2 or three people just throw all of them like it's no tomorrow and sometimes, there's no way to dodge them.

i think people do this becuase they know they are going to loose in a gunfire engagement. If player gets hit first and misses thier first shot on the opponent, they know they will most likely loose that gunfight. They figure they could go for a last minute stick or drop your shields for a teamate to come clean you up

That I understand. I do that sometimes. There's nothing wrong with that at all. It's the 4 or 5 grenades that get thrown at me and my teammates and it seems like the room or hallway literally exploded.

The grenades DO fly by you, silly. All of them, when thrown at you and (hopefully) dodged.

It's when it's nearly impossible to dodge those things that really grinds my gears. Like I said, grenade use is fine, it's part of the game. It's the spamming that's annoying.

I'm not mad at the use of grenades. I just get annoyed at the fact that sometimes 2 or three people just throw all of them like it's no tomorrow and sometimes, there's no way to dodge them.

That I understand. I do that sometimes. There's nothing wrong with that at all. It's the 4 or 5 grenades that get thrown at me and my teammates and it seems like the room or hallway literally exploded.

It's when it's nearly impossible to dodge those things that really grinds my gears. Like I said, grenade use is fine, it's part of the game. It's the spamming that's annoying.

Im sorry I have no sympathy for u bro grenades make halo what it is and gettin spammed comes with it. Bad topic unneeded close it down please

Okay okay, people seem to be gettting the wrong idea here so let me explain. 1. This isn't a problem persay, it's, as the title says, A PET PEEVE of mine which I wanted to share. Yes, it does come with the game or any FPS in that matter. 2. I'M NOT against the use grenades as a whole. I'm just annoyed when like 8 of them are thrown at once and can't dodge them because of the sheer amount of them.

This was just to vent my frustration at the practice, and NOT POINTING OUT A PROBLEM.

I don't think it's wrong to grenade spam, but I don't think people use them the right way. Sure you can spam them, but I would do it for their tactical advantage. Few people follow this, but they're supposed to bring "campers" out. Now of course, that depends on where they are camping and at what angle...

I don't think it's wrong to grenade spam, but I don't think people use them the right way. Sure you can spam them, but I would do it for their tactical advantage. Few people follow this, but they're supposed to bring "campers" out. Now of course, that depends on where they are camping and at what angle...

Getting campers is another one of those exceptions. I don't mind if people are camping and someone decides to spam them simply because they're camping...

• Like 1

Okay okay, people seem to be gettting the wrong idea here so let me explain. 1. This isn't a problem persay, it's, as the title says, A PET PEEVE of mine which I wanted to share. Yes, it does come with the game or any FPS in that matter. 2. I'M NOT against the use grenades as a whole. I'm just annoyed when like 8 of them are thrown at once and can't dodge them because of the sheer amount of them.

This was just to vent my frustration at the practice, and NOT POINTING OUT A PROBLEM.

If your getting hit by 8 grenades at once, you might wanna reconsider your positioning...

Just sayin.

Getting campers is another one of those exceptions. I don't mind if people are camping and someone decides to spam them simply because they're camping...

This makes zero sense. What you're saying is that grenades work and serve a purpose.

Settled it.

People who throw grenades well and place them professionally will win pretty much every time versus someone who just hocks them at any and every thing.

If your getting hit by 8 grenades at once, you might wanna reconsider your positioning...

Just sayin.

Well yeah, I do move if an area is being blown up by grenades.

Him and that Eux guy should be friends:

"I'm not complaining about grenades, it just makes me mad when they are thrown at me"

Stop putting words in my mouth. I have made it clear that I don't care about the use if grenades as a whole and if you would've actually read my other posts in this topic you would've seen that.

This makes zero sense. What you're saying is that grenades work and serve a purpose.

Settled it.

People who throw grenades well and place them professionally will win pretty much every time versus someone who just hocks them at any and every thing.

FINALLY, someone gets what I'm trying to say.

• Like 1

If you really hate them another option to try is promethean vision. Nades are highlighted and seeing people's outlines through walls lets you know in advance when they're throwing them at/around corners.

I agree that grenades are annoying with respect to the ability to spawn with plasmas, resulting in bad kids being able to cop out of an engagement occasionally when they get lucky enough with their tosses. But as for people blowing up hallways with huge volleys that's always happened in Halo afaik. It's not hard to anticipate when they're coming--just learn to recognize those situations and back off accordingly.

If you really hate them another option to try is promethean vision. Nades are highlighted and seeing people's outlines through walls lets you know in advance when they're throwing them at/around corners.

I agree that grenades are annoying with respect to the ability to spawn with plasmas, resulting in bad kids being able to cop out of an engagement occasionally when they get lucky enough with their tosses. But as for people blowing up hallways with huge volleys that's always happened in Halo afaik. It's not hard to anticipate when they're coming--just learn to recognize those situations and back off accordingly.

I don't hate grenades. Everyone is getting this false idea that I do hate them. Yeah, the usage of spamming is in every Halo game. That I have learned to accept despite how much it annoys me. I do use a lot of PV and I do see these things coming sometimes. Other times it's so out of the blue I have little time to react. If I do happen to see these types of situations I usually just stay clear of them. It is avoidable but as I have stated it's when it's unavoidable.

halo reachs nades were much more frustrating to me they had a random bounce... i love to chunk nades for fun tho. Best thing is to use the sticky detnator on my friend and let him walk around till he finds someone he sprints to them i set it off kill =D

Ah yes, the Sticky Detonator... that's fun to use, but can get annoying when it's used on you a lot. XD