Should Credits or SP be in 5?

The Heretic Grunt

How to get your Player Pimped  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How to get more Armor Unlocked and Equipable.

• Earning and Using Credits
    • Getting Acheivments
    • Leveling Up
  2. 2. What Species to be Customisable.

• Spartans
    • Elites
    • Human-Like Promethean ( not Knights)

Okay so my topic is Currency to Purchase Armor, Emblems, Stances etc. In Halo 3 there was no Currency whatsoever, As you Got more Acheivments you earned more armor. In Halo 3 ODST it was when you completed another Mission you earned a Character model for Firefight, however that would not work.

In Halo Reach Credits Came and when you did anything ( exept for theater) you earned more credits that alowed you to Purchase armorin means of using the credits. Then in Halo 4 343 went over board and made everthing have a price including emblems! So on another topic what species can the player play as?

Tell me your thoughts about it?

ok interesting topic

what i want is a combination of both SP och achivements unlockable armour

first you have the standard you unlock by leveling up and you use SP on them (like in halo 4 loadout) and then you have for achievements but not all,

i would like to have for one armour you have to complete all HALO games (that have achievements) on Legendary

or complete the achievements list to 100% (DLC not included)

and for customization on characters and playable characters in think like a mix of H4 and reach i like REACH armor better than H4,

but H4 have more customization options and if elites can be included its ok with me but then i want H3 customization not reach that had pre-sets

and i would like to se didacts armor usable

The price on armor is a really bad idea. People shouldn't have to do something they don't want to (e.g. get destroyed in War Games) just to unlock their favorite armor. Ranking up should unlock some armor, but the majority should be gained by doing achievements in Customs, Campaign, and Matchmaking.

the credits from reach and spartan rank from h4 are similar to the exp awarded in h3, but what they both lack and has caused a lot of dissapointment in the community is the lack of true skill system as well. they should set it up as close to h3 as possible. i would be ok with exp being used to purcase armor like reach though.

The price on armor is a really bad idea. People shouldn't have to do something they don't want to (e.g. get destroyed in War Games) just to unlock their favorite armor. Ranking up should unlock some armor, but the majority should be gained by doing achievements in Customs, Campaign, and Matchmaking.

if your going to get it from doing multiplayer anyway, achievemnts are harder than just playing a game. and you think people don't want to play war games? i garentee most people only buy halo for the multiplayer. if you are getting destroyed then you need to improve you own skill level.

ok interesting topic

what i want is a combination of both SP och achivements unlockable armour

first you have the standard you unlock by leveling up and you use SP on them (like in halo 4 loadout) and then you have for achievements but not all,

i would like to have for one armour you have to complete all HALO games (that have achievements) on Legendary

or complete the achievements list to 100% (DLC not included)

and for customization on characters and playable characters in think like a mix of H4 and reach i like REACH armor better than H4,

but H4 have more customization options and if elites can be included its ok with me but then i want H3 customization not reach that had pre-sets

and i would like to se didacts armor usable

no dlc should be included! i repete dlc achievments should be included. i am so so close. only missing two, both in h4. at least untill other two map pack realeased. but i will do it, and it would be nice to get sometype of reward!

• Like 1

I would like a combination of achievements and reaching higher levels to unlock armor but, using SP to unlock the extra features for the loud outs if they make a return in Halo 5. Majority of the armor would be unlocked through hitting higher levels and some more special armor would be available through doing achievements and a special set for completing all of the achievements like in Halo 3 to get the Katana.

Emblems don't have a price besides the specialization specific ones which I don't have a problem with but, I wish 343i would release more armor, emblems, and visors over a period of time. Don't like getting almost all the armor in the game within a matter of 2 months. Getting Victory Mastery just for a helmet with a different pattern isn't really worth it.

They could release more armor every time they release a new map pack.

• Like 1

@Neurotic Kasper kind of like Armor DLC...I like it.

Yes exactly. I don't see why this hasn't been done already. I would like for 343i to get rid of all the stupid variations or armor. I don't care about stupid pattern differences. I want more variety not different patterns.

Credits are why Halo isn't as fun as it used to be. Armor should be unlocked through leveling up and completing achievements.

i respectfuly disagree, the real reason its not as fun is that the game has been dumbed down for the new players, and the competitve players incentives have been taken away. example having competitive ranking system that teams you with players of simialr skill level, and much weaker weapon and map balance overall.

the credits from reach and spartan rank from h4 are similar to the exp awarded in h3, but what they both lack and has caused a lot of dissapointment in the community is the lack of true skill system as well. they should set it up as close to h3 as possible. i would be ok with exp being used to purcase armor like reach though.

if your going to get it from doing multiplayer anyway, achievemnts are harder than just playing a game. and you think people don't want to play war games? i garentee most people only buy halo for the multiplayer. if you are getting destroyed then you need to improve you own skill level.

no dlc should be included! i repete dlc achievments should be included. i am so so close. only missing two, both in h4. at least untill other two map pack realeased. but i will do it, and it would be nice to get sometype of reward!

Many people buy Halo for the story. I, for one, never play multiplayer. I love Halo 4 armour system. Get more XP from customs, forge and campaign, and unlock armour in level ups. That gives me motivation to level up.

No commendation or achievement based armour; Halo 3 was horrible for offline players who like customisation! Same for people who do Legendary campaign of halo 4!

And commendation based armour is a joke! Why should I have to go out of my way to use Frag Grenades to get a certain helmet? Or the Stirm Rifle?

And lastly, if Sangheili are back, reach/4 level of customisation would please a lot of people. Me included. It got worse in each game,

3 full customisation, reach limited, 4 not available...

Rant over....

Yes exactly. I don't see why this hasn't

Been done already. I would like for 343i to get rid of all the stupid variations or armor. I don't care about stupid pattern differences. I want more variety not different patterns.

Customising patterns yourself would be a much better option, custom paint jobs would add more of a unique feel to your armour.

And Arbiter armour was originally gonna be a DLC for Halo 3 but was cancelled :(

I would like a combination of achievements and reaching higher levels to unlock armor but, using SP to unlock the extra features for the loud outs if they make a return in Halo 5. Majority of the armor would be unlocked through hitting higher levels and some more special armor would be available through doing achievements and a special set for completing all of the achievements like in Halo 3 to get the Katana.

Emblems don't have a price besides the specialization specific ones which I don't have a problem with but, I wish 343i would release more armor, emblems, and visors over a period of time. Don't like getting almost all the armor in the game within a matter of 2 months. Getting Victory Mastery just for a helmet with a different pattern isn't really worth it.

They could release more armor every time they release a new map pack.

NO DLC ARMOR! And for the DLC maps, make 'em free.

NO DLC ARMOR! And for the DLC maps, make 'em free.

having new dlc for free is never going to happen. people put a lot of time and energy into creating that content after games realse date, it dose not make sense to have that money come out of the games profit for dlc. free will never happen expecialy with microsoft, but cheaper maybe.

Not online-only achievements. Achievements that everyone can access

Yes that I'm fine with. But, not ALL the achievement armor needs to be offline/online unlock able. Some online stuff would be fine.

I want the armor pieces to be more identifiable through achievements like the katana in Halo 3. I can definitely see the unicorn helmet becoming a classic piece. I just want some more iconic armor.

That's for sure. A lot of the armor in this game is to similar to other pieces and it's really identifiable or stands out. The only real thing about a Spartan's armor that you notice is the Helmet, Visor, and maybe the chest.

No. I had Halo 3 offline for two years. I had nearly everything I could get. Online only armour is a bad idea. If achievements are used, they should be accessible to everyone! And not this online only commendations bull****