2v2 Playlist Early February | Map Consensus

Yama

With the 2v2 playlist penciled in for early February, this is a good time for the community to discuss what would work best.

Source of news: http://mltiplyr.com/...ate-january-28/

Also releasing in February is the Majestic Map Pack which is confirmed to feature two smaller maps. This should help buff 2v2's worth in matchmaking.

- - -

As we know, 2v2's are a staple within competitive Halo play. Being a competitive player myself, I also understand the balance of simplicity and complexity necessary to allow such maps to work within a 2v2 environment.

In this thread we will discuss why a map could or could not work for 2v2's. Please list pro's and con's for each map presented and we will collectively add them to the OP in hopes of achieving a near perfect experience in Halo 4's future 2v2 playlist.

If there is a community map presented, please share the corresponding gamertag and as much info/media as you can. A link to a post with media would be best.

Below are a few to get started, please share your input and we'll amend the list in a unified manner based on community feedback. I will list various maps below and a consensus category next to each, showing how we collectively feel about each one. The range will be Positive | Neutral | Negative.

- - -

Maps for Double Team

Map: Lockout

Consensus: Positive

File: http://www.343indust...perfect-remake/

Pros: Lockout is a staple within Halo's 2v2 lore. If features the perfect balance between mix up and execution, meaning players are able to outsmart, outmaneuver and out shoot the opponent equally.

Halo 4's Lockout in a 2v2 playlist would have to be 1:1 scale. While the game is marginally faster than it's predecessors, the size is perfectly fitting in a 2v2 environment and all of the jumps, line of sight, etc. would need to be retained.

Cons:

_____

Map: Haven

File: Standard Halo 4 Map

Pros: Symmetrical, balanced competitive map. Tried and true.

Cons:

_____

Map: Relay

Consensus: Neutral

File: Standard Halo 4 Forge Map

Pros: Symmetrical, balanced competitive map.

Cons: Slightly large, corridor based. Open space.

_____

Map: Simplex

File: Halo 4 Community Forge Playlist

Pros: Symmetrical, balanced competitive map. MLG ready.

Cons:

_____

Map: Adrift

File: Halo 4 Standard Map

Pros: Tried and true.

Cons: Fairly large.

_____

Map: Abandon

File: Halo 4 Standard Map

Pros: Size is appropriate for 2v2.

Cons: Potential spawn imbalance.

• Like 1

limiting ordance is a must. but the best way to keep them in the game as well as even grabs for both the pairs is to either give them both the same weapon somewhere on their respective sides of the map, yet difficult or risky to access. However, as has always been done, just put the weapons an equal distance between each of the pairs initial spawns. I also notice, is some custom maps, where the forger REDUCES the spare clips of sertain weapons placed on the map (although i dont think ordnance drops can have their ammo altered). there is always a way to make things balanced, yet interesting, but its better if its something different. keep us on our toes. :unknw:

• Like 1

All of those maps would work very well for 2v2. My favorite are the top 3, Lockout (or Shutout), Haven, and Relay. I love the open space, high paced shooting battles. Along with a forged Guardian map, as Jamesw01 mentioned, I would also like to see a Midship remake, with possibly Zealot and Countdown. All of those would play great for 2v2 in my opinion.

can't wait for dubz and a ranking system. No point in playing doulbes if you don't think you're winning something you know? personal thought of course, but its nice to know you're ranking up... i personally enjoyed the old system. 1-50 levels so you can "see" where you're at. Anyone else?