FLOOD MODE!

343davidm

It is clear that the new flood mode is very unpopular compared to alpha zombies from halo reach. Alpha zombies was one of the best gamemodes and now flood is considered one of the worst. Here are some ideas:

. Don't fix what isn't broken alpha zombies was fine the way it was it constantly had tens of thousands of players online compared to floods mere one thousand...

. Get rid of power ups for zombies. They are way overpowered and although this may attract a few players who just want to fly around with a sword it has taken any the life and soul of the mode and the figures prove it. It no longer feels like a hold out mode but instead a frustrating, biased step in the wrong direction from alpha zombies.

. If this isn't bad enough the flood also have about triple the health of a zombie from reach making 1 kill headshots impossible. Also get rid of that vile green colour on the survivors and let us use our own colours it looks very bad.

. I know tons of people who have stopped playing because of these changes and I feel obliged to let 343 know about this problem.

. I reccomend either updating the mode to something more similar to reach's alpha zombies or creating a new mode called alpha flood to go alongside the standard mode. As it stands the mode is practically dead and something needs to change or it will stay that way.

• Like 1

The flood are far too strong is the issue. They have some type of shields and they have greatly exaggerated armor abilities.

Remove shields from the flood, get rid of their armor abilities, and make them faster by default. The fact that you can attack in MID-THRUST is insanely stupid.

Another massive issue is the complex map. As the zombies are now it's the only map where humans can hold up, but at the cost of infuriating camping on top of the structures.

The whole experience just isn't fun.

As it stands right now the game isn't holding up against increasingly overwhelming odds, but rather just waiting to die.

Regardless of Cannon, fun is fun. Therefore flood sucks.

• Like 2

How do I complain to 343 anyone?

I agree with Chris. They are waay to strong, remove overpowered thrusters horrid lime green survivors and flood shields and you will be left with a far better mode that isn't just easily slicing through helpless players with a sword. No where near as fun as alpha zombies was.

everyone is saying its flood becuase of cannon but do you ever remember the flood using jet packs? and what about customization options in flood options? Not even the ability to give the flood GUNS which they have in the cannon game. say goodbye to fatkid, halo on halo, and trash compactor games. the problem with halo 4 is that they decided to make changes but took away things people enjoyed without offering up a replacement (no Assualt) (No hornet or falcon) 343 just needs to look at these forums and make all these simple changes and halo 4 will go from a watered down halo 3/reach and become a truly good and fun game

also get the file share working its been almost 3 months.

To be honest, the only thing that really irritates me about Flood mode is they still haven't fixed that stupid issue where players can be infected AFTER killing the Flood who attacked them. I'm really sick of killing a Flood with my shotgun from ten feet away, only to suddenly die and be told I've been infected a second later.

Seriously, it's not hard.

I die.

or

They die.

There should never be a situation where both players are killed. Spartan damage detection priority should ALWAYS be favoured over Flood damage detection priority. If a Spartan gets a kill, and fifty milliseconds later the Flood also kills them, then it should be better luck next time Floody, because I'm tired of being killed by the power of wishes.

Also, giving the Flood shields is fine (they're supposed to be tougher after all) but the Spartans need a bigger ammunition reserve to compensate. Giving all of them an Ammo tactical package or something would work pretty well, as just removing the Flood's shields would make it a lot less interesting.

• Like 1