Can't believe I am saying this but...

Destroyaaa

Judging from your poor explanation about reading bitmap files..you quite clearly are out of your league here. Leave that stuff to the pros and Tech Gurus. And no, it doesnt take a moddified xbox to gain access to, and decrypt map files. It takes a tag console to PLAY the modded content.

You saying people are not complaining about a game whileplaying is purely YOUR opinion..show me actual proof. Proof of the general discontent can be seen everywhere here, and on Waypoint. That is proof that a large number of players are not happy. And why should they be? Everyones view on whether a title is good or not personally, depends on that individual and what he/she expects. It is only after a large number of the same complaints are made, that you or 343i can logically sit and say "Hey, we might have a problem". ODST is co-op and Firefight and has nothing to do with Halo 3 by itself. So I am unsure what you are saying there. All this is aside from the OP. Ifyou care to continue trying to win a pointless internet posting battle go right ahead.

Destroyer, I can see the points you are trying to make. It is sad they removed, or for a better term, (Shipped without) the game without staple and popular options that made the previous games so much fun. I just heard that Apri i s when they plan to release the skill system. Sorry but most players, including yourself, that's 6 months too late. Same goes with Grifball. We couldn't even share Grifball maps properly, or any other map for that matter. I'm not sure who exactly is to blame for the whole mess thus far, but one thing is clear. If 343i wants to continue making profitable titles for Halo, they need a change somewhere in the development team or pipeline. Hey...at least we have Crysis 3 and Colonial Marines to look forward to!

and gta5 imma really try crysis 3 and colonail marines they look really good.

Judging from your poor explanation about reading bitmap files..you quite clearly are out of your league here. Leave that stuff to the pros and Tech Gurus. And no, it doesnt take a moddified xbox to gain access to, and decrypt map files. It takes a tag console to PLAY the modded content.

Oh good lord...

Explain to me, then, via link or otherwise, how an individual can display individual bitmap files from Xbox games on their PC without software being illegally installed on their Xbox. I eagerly await a tutorial.

You saying people are not complaining about a game whileplaying is purely YOUR opinion..show me actual proof. Proof of the general discontent can be seen everywhere here, and on Waypoint.

So, what your saying is... people complaining on the internet reflects the general feeling of the population of people playing on Xbox Live? Rather than... say... the people on the internet are those who you yourself described as having "given up" on Halo 4, and the large mass of people playing online might ACTUALLY (I know this will be hard for you to comprehend...) enjoy the game!! Who on earth would hundreds of thousands of people, every day, torture themselves by playing a game they hate? Doesn't that seem... counter intuative? Unless your convinced that everyone playing online is simply gritting their teeth and praying that the game they bought will magically transform into Halo 3. In which case, you are deluding yourself. (no surprise there.)

That is proof that a large number of players are not happy. And why should they be? Everyones view on whether a title is good or not personally, depends on that individual and what he/she expects. It is only after a large number of the same complaints are made, that you or 343i can logically sit and say "Hey, we might have a problem".

There are always complainers. Always people who hate the latest itteration. Always people who despise change, and pine for "the good ol' days". Regardless of what the forums are filled with, logic dictates that the majority of the people who bought the game don't care. In all likelihood, there is zero correlation between the sentiment of passionate haters on the forum, and the nearly 8 million people who own a copy. And why should there be? Halo 4 is a great game.

ODST is co-op and Firefight and has nothing to do with Halo 3 by itself. So I am unsure what you are saying there.

The online content that came on a separate disc, the online suite packed in with ODST, is all of the Halo 3 and Halo 3 DLC in its entirety. ODST is essentially an expansion. So, to expect it to be on the top played list it ridiculous. That is what I meant.

All this is aside from the OP. Ifyou care to continue trying to win a pointless internet posting battle go right ahead.

You are the one who opened this thrilling dialouge. I suggest you don't start what you can't finish, next time around.

"large mass of people playing online might ACTUALLY (I know this will be hard for you to comprehend...) enjoy the game!!"

log halo 4 and please tell me how many people are online playing war games?

"8 million people who own a copy"

this comment was ment for blops 2 and not halo 4 right?

I dont have to log on...

http://halocharts.co...lpopulation/all

Now, do the math based on the peak each day, and a ballpark figure for the number of players over the course of the day... Today was a bad day, and it hasn't peaked yet at 79k.

Now....

http://www.vgchartz....e/51758/halo-4/

Look at the number of copies sold worldwide... 7.6 million (yes, i rounded, if anything that hurts my argument anyways.)

Run a search for COD BO2: 11.16million units sold on Xbox to date.

If you happen to crunch the numbers, about 1% of all Halo players are online (with an as-of-yet lower then average daily peak), while about 2.5% of BO2 players are playing. And, while you may not like the numbers, or the comparison, or Call of Duty altogether, this is the world we now live in. Halo is no longer the monolithic giant that it once was. However, it still has a substantial player base playing every day, and it is still a great game.

In any case, you misunderstood (or chose to misunderstand) my statement. What I meant was that those people who are actually playing online aren't just doing it to torture themselves after a long day... they are doing it out of enjoyment. Thats a no-brainer.

NUFF SAID!

On a side note, all of this being reminded of how much Halo 4 sucks and how Halo 3 is better then butter on toast has caused me to rummage through my DVD case and pull out Halo 3, just to bring about some personal closure. If I find myself impressed and suddenly disgusted by the thought of Halo four tarnishing my beautiful HDDVD drive, I will return with lots of horrible trollesque things to say about Halo, 343i, and everyone who doesn't agree with me. EXCELSIOR!

@Kevin I can quite easily continue or finish what I start. But as a respected, and one of the oldest members of this forum, I also have to know when to stop and just let things go to keep some kind of peace after a bit of hot headed debating. Needless to say, we both have different views and different forms of sources. neither of us will see eye to eye on the aspects brought up in this thread, so in the interest of other members, that is why I chose to just stop at that last post.

It benefits no one to continue a flaming debate that neither of us will truly win, and it serves no greater purpose to the games players. We will just respectively agree to disagree on certain aspects of Halo 4.

Irieee I see where you are going with the ranking system. Who knows what might happen come april. Yes a lot of MLG types have been worried and distressed about ranking and the effect on players who like to be matched up by skill ranking. But no one can predict exactly how many players may still be in the population pool. I would like to think that many players of competative greatness will return to the franchise once it's incorporated. But the stickler is...we still don't have any concrete information on exactly what the Rank System entails. Best thing to do on that one, is talk up the system as much as possible, and hope that it isn't too late to help curb the discomfort of the competative players.

@Kevin I can quite easily continue or finish what I start. But as a respected, and one of the oldest members of this forum, I also have to know when to stop and just let things go to keep some kind of peace after a bit of hot headed debating. Needless to say, we both have different views and different forms of sources. neither of us will see eye to eye on the aspects brought up in this thread, so in the interest of other members, that is why I chose to just stop at that last post.

It benefits no one to continue a flaming debate that neither of us will truly win, and it serves no greater purpose to the games players. We will just respectively agree to disagree on certain aspects of Halo 4.

I guess.. well... erm... wrd.

I dont have to log on...

http://halocharts.co...lpopulation/all

Now, do the math based on the peak each day, and a ballpark figure for the number of players over the course of the day... Today was a bad day, and it peaked at 60k.

Now....

http://www.vgchartz....e/51758/halo-4/

Look at the number of copies sold worldwide... 7.6 million (yes, i rounded, if anything that hurts my argument anyways.)

Run a search for COD BO2: 11.16million units sold on Xbox to date.

If you happen to crunch the numbers, about 1% of all Halo players are online (with an as-of-yet lower then average daily peak), while about 2.5% of BO2 players are playing. And, while you may not like the numbers, or the comparison, or Call of Duty altogether, this is the world we now live in. Halo is no longer the monolithic giant that it once was. However, it still has a substantial player base playing every day, and it is still a great game.

In any case, you misunderstood (or chose to misunderstand) my statement. What I meant was that those people who are actually playing online aren't just doing it to torture themselves after a long day... they are doing it out of enjoyment. Thats a no-brainer.

NUFF SAID!

On a side note, all of this being reminded of how much Halo 4 sucks and how Halo 3 is better then butter on toast has caused me to rummage through my DVD case and pull out Halo 3, just to bring about some personal closure. If I find myself impressed and suddenly disgusted by the thought of Halo four tarnishing my beautiful HDDVD drive, I will return with lots of horrible trollesque things to say about Halo, 343i, and everyone who doesn't agree with me. EXCELSIOR!

lol. did you notice the population is continuing to decline? is that because the game is so good right? what month is halo 4 on and how low has the population gotten from day 1?

lol. did you notice the population is continuing to decline? is that because the game is so good right? what month is halo 4 on and how low has the population gotten from day 1?

Dude... come on. Use the brain that god has graced you with.

On day 1, everyone buys it, and everyone plays it. You think that any game, ever, in the history of gaming, has ever maintained even a remote fraction of the online population that is experienced near launch time? Hell NO! I've read that on day 1 of Black Ops 2 release, there were somewhere in the area of 1.6 million people playing on Xbox Live alone...

So, 1.6 million then, 250k today, thats a MUCH MORE SUBSTANTIAL decline than Halo's drop from 350k to 80k today. Much more. So, by your logic, every game that has ever existed is terrible because a majority of people stop playing on a regular (obsessive?) basis after a reasonable period of time has passed.

I think im probably ****** up the numbers, but MY POINT REMAINS VALID!!

What your seeing on that graph its a perfectly normal depreciation of players. check out that gradual slope. doesn't get any sexier than that.

In other words: think before you type, mmkay?

On day 1, everyone buys it, and everyone plays it. You think that any game, ever, in the history of gaming, has ever maintained even a remote fraction of the online population that is experienced near launch time? Hell NO! I've read that on day 1 of Black Ops 2 release, there were somewhere in the area of 1.6 million people playing on Xbox Live alone...

So, 1.6 million then, 250k today, thats a MUCH MORE SUBSTANTIAL decline than Halo's drop from 350k to 80k today. Much more. So, by your logic, every game that has ever existed is terrible because a majority of people stop playing on a regular (obsessive?) basis after a reasonable period of time has passed.

What your seeing on that graph its a perfectly normal depreciation of players. check out that gradual slope. doesn't get any sexier than that.

ussualy games find there stable population if the game is good. halo 3 seemed to be stuck at 100-200k for atleast 2 years and we are already into are 4th month and the chart just keeps going down :/ i'm worried man. sorry i have high espectations for a halo game because its a franchise game.. only for xbox.

CoD retained 15.6% of its population if my calculators right? Compared to Halo 4's 22.8% so the numbers are not that substantial.

ussualy games find there stable population if the game is good. halo 3 seemed to be stuck at 100-200k for atleast 2 years and we are already into are 4th month and the chart just keeps going down :/ i'm worried man. sorry i have high espectations for a halo game because its a franchise game.. only for xbox.

no worries brutha, I understand the frustration. But, as I've said, the landscape has changed dramatically since the good ol' day's. Unfortunately, Halo just isn't top dawg anymore.

Also, I'm not familiar with the stats for Halo 3. Though, if I do recall, COD was something of an infant back then. COD and Battlefield, along with other XBLA and AAA shooters (advanced warfighter?) have gobbled up the market share that bungie used to bask in. Halo 4 barely did those kinds of numbers in its first week... never mind 2 years down the line.

CoD retained 15.6% of its population if my calculators right? Compared to Halo 4's 22.8% so the numbers are not that substantial.

not sure how you arrived at those figures. Definitely using a different set/standard of numbers than me. I used the average daily peak for the past week divided by VGcharts total sales figures, multiplied by 100 to get appx what percent of the total population are online at a single time (nevermind over the course of the day... numbers could be anyones guess.)

no worries brutha, I understand the frustration. But, as I've said, the landscape has changed dramatically since the good ol' day's. Unfortunately, Halo just isn't top dawg anymore.

Also, I'm not familiar with the stats for Halo 3. Though, if I do recall, COD was something of an infant back then. COD and Battlefield, along with other XBLA and AAA shooters (advanced warfighter?) have gobbled up the market share that bungie used to bask in. Halo 4 barely did those kinds of numbers in its first week... never mind 2 years down the line.

sadly halo isn't frustrating me anymore because 343 made there choice rather hear the fans they just wanna milk these amazing frachise dry. but na bungie went away from halo and 343 continued with it thus big names like cod and battlefield took em all the people away and now here we are with a Not bad but not great game.. Unfinshed also.

sadly halo isn't frustrating me anymore because 343 made there choice rather hear the fans they just wanna milk these amazing frachise dry. but na bungie went away from halo and 343 continued with it thus big names like cod and battlefield took em all the people away and now here we are with a Not bad but not great game.. Unfinshed also.

I guess its a matter of opinion, I've been having a great time. I feel like they taken the game mechanics forward, with customizable loadoats and ordinance drops and running and specializations and all those little extra tidbits that make the game a little more customizable and on-par with what other shooters have to offer, without taking away from the core experience. Much better than reach. And Halo 3 was so long ago that I can barely remember.

Anyways, as much as I would love to continue arguing about the greatness (or lack therof) of Halo's new direction, I've been working for 14 hours and desperately need to mangle some of my more arrogant braincells.

PEACE OUT!

The name calling towards 343i is part of why most gamers are sickening individuals.

I think Halo 4 is a bigger indication of why most gamers are sickening individuals.

Halo 4 caters to all the least impressive aspects of a gamer. The desire to be praised and rewarded without achieving anything (medals for everything), the desire to achieve certain benchmarks without committing the time and practice once required for them (5-shotting is easier than 4-shotting ever was), the desire to be thanked for your time and nothing else (Primary source of experience is completing games, not winning them), the desire to take only the games you want and never commit to the ones that might test you (You're free to quit without consequence), the desire to act without thinking (CoD style gameplay), to move without looking (CoD style maps), and then to be rewarded even though you were careless (CoD style gampelay again).

I don't call 343 a lot of names, but I do think they did a poor job with this game and that whoever was making the calls was a poor choice for their position. I think you lose a lot of credibility when you blatantly copy another franchise and then pretend you're doing something different. If you copy another product you don't sell it for the same price, you sell it for cheaper. I also think you copy other products when your own isn't profitable, you don't mutilate your profitable product to grab at the sales numbers of someone else's profitable product. For that you make a NEW product with the intent of grabbing the enemy's sales numbers, you keep your original free of the effort so that you have a stable title.

The mountain of stupid decisions that had to take place for this mockery of a Halo game to exist is incredible. There must have been someone stupid at 343, or someone stupid at Microsoft applying pressure to 343, or both. It's bad business, and sadly bad business is becoming most business.

It may disgust you that so much toxicity gets directed at 343, but the more I've learned about the game the more often my thoughts on the matter became toxic as a matter of fact. Eventually I can't think of any word but "stupid" to describe whatever idiot places an extremely powerful vehicle on one side of 2-team map. The gentle words don't come to me when I need to describe someone who twists the development of their product to copy another one. I don't even care about the ranking system, but the kinder words don't show themselves to me when I see that said ranking system won't appear but 6 months after the game's release. I really really don't care about a a ranking system, but it's a heavily promoted feature of the game and they won't make it available until 6 months into the game's life. That's STUPID! You don't promote something like that and then keep it back that long. It's not smart.

What other way is there to describe such blatant mismanagment of the game's development? Someone over there is really really DUMB. I try to speak softly, but in the face of so much evidence I just can't find the nice words. I look, and I try to be constructive, but eventually what's required is a lot of people yelling in anger. If a lot of people speaking constructively on the matter doesn't work, you need a mob. If the mob doesn't work, then I can once again only think of unkind things to describe whoever makes the decisions.

I can also refrain from playing the game and from buying further installments, a resolution I'm quickly approaching. I'm just 1 of many million though, so I know that no one will notice or care when I'm gone. I'd rather try to make it better before I leave, that way I won't have to give up on it. I know the odds are bad, but the odds are worse of enjoying Halo 4, so I feel comfortable stating my displeasure in public forums.

• Like 3

I think Halo 4 is a bigger indication of why most gamers are sickening individuals.

Halo 4 caters to all the least impressive aspects of a gamer. The desire to be praised and rewarded without achieving anything (medals for everything), the desire to achieve certain benchmarks without committing the time and practice once required for them (5-shotting is easier than 4-shotting ever was), the desire to be thanked for your time and nothing else (Primary source of experience is completing games, not winning them), the desire to take only the games you want and never commit to the ones that might test you (You're free to quit without consequence), the desire to act without thinking (CoD style gameplay), to move without looking (CoD style maps), and then to be rewarded even though you were careless (CoD style gampelay again).

I don't call 343 a lot of names, but I do think they did a poor job with this game and that whoever was making the calls was a poor choice for their position. I think you lose a lot of credibility when you blatantly copy another franchise and then pretend you're doing something different. If you copy another product you don't sell it for the same price, you sell it for cheaper. I also think you copy other products when your own isn't profitable, you don't mutilate your profitable product to grab at the sales numbers of someone else's profitable product. For that you make a NEW product with the intent of grabbing the enemy's sales numbers, you keep your original free of the effort so that you have a stable title.

The mountain of stupid decisions that had to take place for this mockery of a Halo game to exist is incredible. There must have been someone stupid at 343, or someone stupid at Microsoft applying pressure to 343, or both. It's bad business, and sadly bad business is becoming most business.

It may disgust you that so much toxicity gets directed at 343, but the more I've learned about the game the more often my thoughts on the matter became toxic as a matter of fact. Eventually I can't think of any word but "stupid" to describe whatever idiot places an extremely powerful vehicle on one side of 2-team map. The gentle words don't come to me when I need to describe someone who twists the development of their product to copy another one. I don't even care about the ranking system, but the kinder words don't show themselves to me when I see that said ranking system won't appear but 6 months after the game's release. I really really don't care about a a ranking system, but it's a heavily promoted feature of the game and they won't make it available until 6 months into the game's life. That's STUPID! You don't promote something like that and then keep it back that long. It's not smart.

What other way is there to describe such blatant mismanagment of the game's development? Someone over there is really really DUMB. I try to speak softly, but in the face of so much evidence I just can't find the nice words. I look, and I try to be constructive, but eventually what's required is a lot of people yelling in anger. If a lot of people speaking constructively on the matter doesn't work, you need a mob. If the mob doesn't work, then I can once again only think of unkind things to describe whoever makes the decisions.

I can also refrain from playing the game and from buying further installments, a resolution I'm quickly approaching. I'm just 1 of many million though, so I know that no one will notice or care when I'm gone. I'd rather try to make it better before I leave, that way I won't have to give up on it. I know the odds are bad, but the odds are worse of enjoying Halo 4, so I feel comfortable stating my displeasure in public forums.

I agree completely. It doesn't make any sense why 343i would choose this direction and formula unless... They actually DO NOT want the longevity of this game like Halo 2 and Halo 3 had. If they are going this route they are looking to CoD's formula of every other year releases. This would be heartbreak for true Halo fans of the franchise.

Reach didn't have a ranking system till' a while after it release and even that wasn't good.Halo 4 will have one coming april.

The big team battle is just your preference though i like halo 4's better.

Halo reach didn't have mlg for very long but halo4 is still in gamebattles. Halo 4 also has virgin gaming, agl,gamebattles, and a possibilty of mlg coming back next season.

Team snipers will be fixed an placed back in matchmaking coming late February. Not that it did take some time for team snipers to appear on matchmaking.

So I feel that this argument is invalid though Halo 4 does have problems...

I am sure 343 has a sound business model and everything is proceeding as they have forseen. (Emperor Palpatine)

Really though, I would like to call the dev team idiots but they did their job and made their money. We are the idiots for forking over $60+ for their skewed version of Halo. I don't think all the negative things people complain about this game are unintentional or "mistakes" as some would claim. I believe 343 had a plan and knew where they were going with this from the get go. Yeah, there were a few bugs but most of the real troubling things about this game are not due to ignorance but implemented by design.

I don't think all the negative things people complain about this game are unintentional or "mistakes" as some would claim. I believe 343 had a plan and knew where they were going with this from the get go. Yeah, there were a few bugs but most of the real troubling things about this game are not due to ignorance but implemented by design.

I agree completely and have been saying something similar for awhile on multiple sites. That's why Frank's apology didn't impress me at all, because he was apologizing for a bunch of stuff that hadn't bothered me. Who cares if you have some kinks as a new developer? My problems aren't the kinks, they're the decisions you made and carried out flawlessly. I'm not bothered by the failure to achieve certain goals, I'm bothered by the twisted goals you set for yourself and your success in achieving them.

• Like 1

I agree completely and have been saying something similar for awhile on multiple sites. That's why Frank's apology didn't impress me at all, because he was apologizing for a bunch of stuff that hadn't bothered me. Who cares if you have some kinks as a new developer? My problems aren't the kinks, they're the decisions you made and carried out flawlessly. I'm not bothered by the failure to achieve certain goals, I'm bothered by the twisted goals you set for yourself and your success in achieving them.

I agree and sad thing is they actually made a pretty decent game engine which I am impressed with. The team that was working on the playlists and matchmaking preferences failed hard though with the "new" formula.