DMR and BR, which is harder?

Kiing 0f Coffe

Now, we will discuss which weapon is harder to use overall, the DMR? Or, the Battle Rifle.

Pros and Cons of the BR: The BR is a 3 round burst weapon with bullet power vs. shields = to 1/3 of a DMR round. Thus, if all rounds from the Burst connect, it is = to the 1 bullet of the DMR. The BR appears to have perhaps, slightly more aim-assist than the DMR, and has a wider reticle. However, in a typical fight, both players move back and forth while firing to make it harder for your opponent to hit you, unless your Ninja or something, you will probably miss at least 1/3 of the burst with the BR. The logic is simple, when an opponent is moving like this,, he will dodge part of your burst unless your reticle is following him the whole time. Now, this is harder than it sounds, when following an opponent with your reticle, he has a step in front of you, meaning, he can initiate a change in direction before you change your reticle's direction, so he acts first, you then miss a bullet.

As you should know, the BR is 13 bullets to kill, last being in the head. Thus, a 5 shot. You then see that the BR has some "forgiveness" to it. But, if you miss a bullet in each burst, do you still have your last forgiveness shot? Lets count, 1st shot, 15-1=14, 2nd shot, 14-1=13. You now see that you can only miss 2 bullets to have your last forgiveness shot in the head. Missing a bullet in a BR burst is very easy to do, and very hard not to do if he is attempting to "Juke" you.

Pros and Cons of the DMR: Slightly less aim-assist. Single Fire, high rate of fire, accuracy, low bloom, 5-shot kill. Now, if you miss a shot with the DMR, then there is no forgiveness, you will go from a 5 shot, to a 6 shot. However, with the DMR you only must land 5 shots, not 15. Lets say your opponent is going left, you then aim left at his head then start firing. Bullet connect bullet connect bullet connect, you then land 3 bullets on your opponent, he changes direction you then pump a shot at his head, but your reticle is away from him after you hit him, you then quickly re-aim and finish the kill. If you were fighting with a BR, at the point where he changed direction, you would've missed part of a burst.

All this being said, I would have to go with the BR being more difficult to use. If you disagree, then tell me why. Know something I missed about either weapons? Then tell me about it! And I will research and take it into consideration. Thanks for taking the time to read this thread, and happy 2013! I wish you all good games, and good times.

Well, in terms of texture I have never really bitten into a BR, but I have however eaten a few pieces of DMR in my day and its like eating a jawbreaker, almost impossible to chew...oh..wrong thing.

DMR is much easier than the BR because it has longer range and more aim assist.

BR is harder to use because it sucks.

It bothers me that this major detail is left out of your analysis.

The AR is technically "easy to use" but the fact that it sucks increases the learning curve dramatically. Yes it's easier to aim and the actual act of lining up shots and landing some is easier, but you're not accounting for all the extra maneuvering you have to do in order to make an inferior weapon shine.

The BR sucks, it kills slower than the DMR, it is less accurate (Not talking about aim-assist, I'm talking your reticule is on their head and you miss because the weapon has inferior accuracy), it has a shorter range, and it bleeds ammo (those two bullets you don't use in the 5th burst).

Just like with an AR, if you get close to a DMR user with your BR you are hanging all your hopes on them missing a shot. If they don't miss any shots you lose unconditionally. There is no silver medal in a 1v1. The BR has no significant advantages over the DMR, thus even if it had more aim assist (Which screws you up pretty often FYI, you're aiming at one guy and his teammate passes in front of him, suddenly your shot is completely spoiled because the aim assist follows the closer target not the one you've already shot 4 times. He has gained the split second relief he needs to dome your *** and aim assist killed you rather than him), it doesn't matter.

What matters is that the BR sucks, so it's harder to use. You are at a disadvantage with the weapon, so even if you are the world's finest BR user you are overcoming disadvantages, not eliminating them. Plenty of awesome players use the BR, if they spent some time getting more comfortable with the DMR they'd be even more awesome because it's a better gun.

"Easy to use" is relative to the weapons you're fighting against. If everyone has rocket launchers and you have an AR, the AR becomes much harder to use. The BR sucks AND the DMR is better. So the BR might have a more forgiving design, but it's harder to use because overall it's an inferior design. If you are racing your Ford Focus against a bunch of Lamborghinis, the Focus is technically much easier and safer to drive, but since you're RACING you want the Lamborghini. If you weren't racing you'd want the Focus because chances are you aren't skilled enough to fully unlock the power of the Lamborghini or even drive it without dying, but you ARE racing so you don't really have time to become perfect, you just need the better car if you're going to try to win.

The BR would suck slightly less if it didn't have to fight DMRs, but it does. That makes it harder to use. AND it sucks.

• Like 2

The DMR is far easier to kill with, mainly because most of the time you'll encounter enemies where the reticule is red first for the DMR. At close range it's also almost on par or better then the BR.

I love the battle rifle, but most of the time when I'm "seriously" playing I roll with the DMR, as in I'm going for kills and not fun.

Agree with Initiates post pretty much 100%. I'm about to stop posting and let him do the talking for me lol.

• Like 1

The AR is technically "easy to use" but the fact that it sucks increases the learning curve dramatically. Yes it's easier to aim and the actual act of lining up shots and landing some is easier, but you're not accounting for all the extra maneuvering you have to do in order to make an inferior weapon shine.

The BR sucks, it kills slower than the DMR, it is less accurate (Not talking about aim-assist, I'm talking your reticule is on their head and you miss because the weapon has inferior accuracy), it has a shorter range, and it bleeds ammo (those two bullets you don't use in the 5th burst).

Just like with an AR, if you get close to a DMR user with your BR you are hanging all your hopes on them missing a shot. If they don't miss any shots you lose unconditionally. There is no silver medal in a 1v1. The BR has no significant advantages over the DMR, thus even if it had more aim assist (Which screws you up pretty often FYI, you're aiming at one guy and his teammate passes in front of him, suddenly your shot is completely spoiled because the aim assist follows the closer target not the one you've already shot 4 times. He has gained the split second relief he needs to dome your *** and aim assist killed you rather than him), it doesn't matter.

What matters is that the BR sucks, so it's harder to use. You are at a disadvantage with the weapon, so even if you are the world's finest BR user you are overcoming disadvantages, not eliminating them. Plenty of awesome players use the BR, if they spent some time getting more comfortable with the DMR they'd be even more awesome because it's a better gun.

"Easy to use" is relative to the weapons you're fighting against. If everyone has rocket launchers and you have an AR, the AR becomes much harder to use. The BR sucks AND the DMR is better. So the BR might have a more forgiving design, but it's harder to use because overall it's an inferior design. If you are racing your Ford Focus against a bunch of Lamborghinis, the Focus is technically much easier and safer to drive, but since you're RACING you want the Lamborghini. If you weren't racing you'd want the Focus because chances are you aren't skilled enough to fully unlock the power of the Lamborghini or even drive it without dying, but you ARE racing so you don't really have time to become perfect, you just need the better car if you're going to try to win.

The BR would suck slightly less if it didn't have to fight DMRs, but it does. That makes it harder to use. AND it sucks.

The reason I didn't include that it sucks is because I wanted to focus on which gun is harder to use, not on which gun sucks. I fully think the BR and the Carbine suck absolute balls compared to the DMR, but I wanted to avoid that part for the purpose of focusing on the matter at hand.

The reason I didn't include that it sucks is because I wanted to focus on which gun is harder to use, not on which gun sucks. I fully think the BR and the Carbine suck absolute balls compared to the DMR, but I wanted to avoid that part for the purpose of focusing on the matter at hand.

I understand that and I wasn't trying to undermine your purpose, but the fact that they suck is really important. The BR will occasionally outclass the DMR in SWAT (Depends on the map) but overall you're talking about inferior weapons. Like I said, the AR is technically "Easier to use" but when you consider that you'll be the only person using it, maybe one person out of two, and everyone else will be using marksman rifles, the difficulty of using it skyrockets.

The fact that the BR is terrible adds dramatically to its learning curve. You have to get good at 5-shotting with it, learn to reload more intelligently because your horrible rifle is ******** away ammo, and then you need to adopt a bunch of surprise tactics to get the first shot more often on DMR users. You basically have to be highly proficient with the weapon, and then you have to become a better player in every other aspect of the game.

I compare it to the AR because the AR is just further down that spectrum of "Easy to use but totally sucks." When I've won with the AR I've had the occasional lucky games, but what really made the difference is how extreme I had to get in my play-style. I had to focus a lot on my motion tracker to bait people within range before exposing myself, I frequently had to grenade them without giving them line of sight on me, and I had to be on them like white on rice after that. In short I had to be friggen amazing and my opponents had to have just the right mix of ability and inability.

The BR is harder to use because its weakness is more subtle. You have to change a lot of what you're doing to make up for your inferior weapon, but unless you're paying attention you won't notice it's your weapon getting you killed.

They are both good. Remember that the DMR engages from medium to far range, and that the BR engages from medium, to close-quarters (mostly medium...).

They are both good. Remember that the DMR engages from medium to far range, and that the BR engages from medium, to close-quarters (mostly medium...).

Actually the DMR kills faster everywhere. :0

Well, being able to kill well with either of these weapons means you spend too much time playing swat, or you are just a master tycoon at DMR or BR. Let me say that I always use the DMR because I think the BR is harder. I have a friend who is against me on that but yah, I think the BR is harder.