O.D.S.T. 2

Grigori_one

Hi. I would like to hear ideas for an ODST 2 game.

Here are some of mine.

Yarus Prime... Homeworld of the Kig Yar.

On this planet it rains the crystals, and they will do you damage if caught in a heavy downpour.

The coulur of the crystals is not pink untill it has been weaponised.

Once they hit the ground they slowly melt into a liquid and then that liquid dissipates into the planets surface.

This game is about getting intel on how the kig yar weaponise the needler crystals.

The rivers and oceans of Yarus prime are made from this "liquid crystal" .

It will act like quick sand if you are caught in it.

Weapon ideas:

Grenades: Non sticky needler grenade:

once thrown , it detonates on the second impact, the needles fly out in all directions and when a target is struck by one needle all the other needles are attracted to that target. imagine a swarm of bees suddenly changing direction and charging at a single target.any "secondary targets" hit before the "swarm" attacks will be pulled into the first target and become part of the explosion.

Sticky grenade:This grenade has to stick a target to be effective. once the target is stuck the grenades coverds the target in liquid crystal and then sends out a pulse encasing the target in hard crystal... boooom.

Needler pistols: Hard needler pistol:

Works like the needle rifle but the shots need to be in close proximity to each other to be of any explosive effect.

Multiple hits will still bring a target down.

Liquid crystal pistol: one shot will temporarily hold the target in place. used in conjunction with hard needler weapons this pistol makes fast moving targets easier to hit. If a hard needle shot was to hit where the liquid shot hit it will explodes the harded liquid and the resulting explosion will be big.makes using the hard needle pistol easier.

Needle rocket launcher:

You aim the weapon at the target and its round flys above that target sending out needles to blanket the area all around the target. A nice neat square are of needles stuck into targets and the ground will then explode... a nice way to take out large numbers of fast moving kig yar.

Needle shotgun:

This is a combination weapon. This gun uses hardened but non weaponised crystals. Effective at close range only it will kill a target that is at very close range with one shot if the target is unarmoured.

The combination part of this weapon comes into play when you are taking on armoured targets or targets that are not so close or if you just want to make this go boom.

Use the liquid needle pistol to hold a trget in place, then cover it using a sticky grenade, and before the grenade sends out its pulse, shoot the target with the shotgun, as the pulse then goes off it will weaponise the shotguns ammunition making the target explode with tremendouse force, killing any nearby targets and concussing close by targets.

Needle sniper rifle:

One shot one kill. This weapon does not need and explosion to kill, but timed right you can make it work explosivey.

Firing this weapon to quickly will make it explode in your hands... not a good thing.

Shooting this weapons clip will make it explode also. More than one way to take out that sniper.

If it is raining on Yarus Prime and you have this weapon, the armoured targets out in the rain can be taken out by waiting for the rain to become liquid and firing a shot into the liquid. The shot will make the liquid become hard crystal and then it will explode. But the liquid dissipates quickly so you have to be fast.

Needle dagger:

The blade is somewhat like a syringe, the handle ful of micr needles. This dagger can be used as a once time thrown weapon or used multiple times as a weapon of assasination. either way it injects the target with micro needles and a small explosion inside the target will kill it.

Needle explosive:(C4)

Just a big pink boom on remote detonation.

Needle mines: Pressure activated jumping mine:

Jumps into the air at target head height, projectiles are in clusters, so any target struck will be hit with enough needles to make them explode.

Proximity mine:(wall mounted)

When a target walks by this mine it will send out a stream of liquid crystal and then a single hard crystal before the liquid has set, the resulting explosion kills the first target and damages any near by targets even killing them if they are close enough.

Strip mine:

This weapon is a variation of the needle rocket launcher. It has 3 modes of fire, circle, line and half square.

Once pattern has been selected you fire the " rope" of mines and they will land in the shape you have selected.

Explode them by means of remote detonation.

ODST Weapons:

Taser shot:

Semi automatic pistol that fires an electrified round shorting out kig yar shields and killing most targets with one shot.

Rampancy Rifle:

This weapon fires a dart round, inside the casing of this round is a rampant A.I. construct. The target, once hit will become enraged and start to attack anything that moves.

Light hammer:

Heavy machine gun tht fires incendiary rounds, multiple hits on a single target will turn the target to ash.

O.D.S.T. Bow:

Silent long range lock on weapon. Once an arrow has been fired it will home in on the target.

A smart team might even stick the arrow just before it it released with a grenade.

A played that wants to stay hidden amongst a valley of snipers might use this weapon to hit the clip of the enemy snipers weapon.

O.D.S.T. Equipment:

Shadow suit: stay in the shadows and you will bcome them. move too fast and you will be noticed.

M.D.J. ( multiple direction jetpack):

Fly up then hit a direction on the D-pad and hit fly again and you will boost in that direction. Good for all kinds of reasons.

Chameleon pack:

Use this to become the hill to become the tree, no matter how close an enemy is to you, as long as you dont move, they will not see you.

Cloak of betrayal:

Assasinate an enemy while this pack is activated and you will become that enemy (holographically).

This willl fool most targets.

I think that will do for now. :D

Cant wait to hear some other ideas.

Ok ok ok...

Let me stop you right there...

Your ideas revolve around things from either other games or the same thing!

A crystal rocket launcher is just stupid.

ODST's would not be on that planet...

They would send things like Mammoths and not have ground forces due to the fact that these are one of the most powerful anti-infantry aliens in Halo!

This wouldn't work as a story or on Xbox Live so please stop trying...

Ok ok ok...

Let me stop you right there...

Your ideas revolve around things from either other games or the same thing!

A crystal rocket launcher is just stupid.

ODST's would not be on that planet...

They would send things like Mammoths and not have ground forces due to the fact that these are one of the most powerful anti-infantry aliens in Halo!

This wouldn't work as a story or on Xbox Live so please stop trying...

Ok.. sorry for the late reply.

The ODST on another near suicudal mission... So what.

And you are right in saying that the kig-yar are great infantry.

So great that sending the Mammoth would be a big mistake.

They could outflank it in no time at all, snipe the humans onboard with great accuracy from great distance and jump onto it with ease storming its decks one by one till it was taken out.

Remember playing HALO 4. The mission with the Mammoth in it.

How fragile it is.

A team of ODST`s would be much more discreet and using the equipment avaliable they would find it quite easy to get to where they need to get to.

Unless they want a fight.

So, with that being said..... send in a mammoth full of supplys and a team of ODST`s aboard.

When the ODST team( trooper) has secured a position, the Mammoth can move forward and you can get resupplied and change your equipment and so on.

I like your idea of adding the mammoth to it.

Thanks.

Ok.. sorry for the late reply.

The ODST on another near suicudal mission... So what.

And you are right in saying that the kig-yar are great infantry.

So great that sending the Mammoth would be a big mistake.

They could outflank it in no time at all, snipe the humans onboard with great accuracy from great distance and jump onto it with ease storming its decks one by one till it was taken out.

Remember playing HALO 4. The mission with the Mammoth in it.

How fragile it is.

A team of ODST`s would be much more discreet and using the equipment avaliable they would find it quite easy to get to where they need to get to.

Unless they want a fight.

So, with that being said..... send in a mammoth full of supplys and a team of ODST`s aboard.

When the ODST team( trooper) has secured a position, the Mammoth can move forward and you can get resupplied and change your equipment and so on.

I like your idea of adding the mammoth to it.

Thanks.

I don't think you understand that a Mammoth can easily just lock the doors up...

This game will not work...

The ideas are mono-dimensional.

ODST's get destroyed by Jackels...

Honestly there is no need to add some big and new flashy s*** to the game. Should add on to where the story left off. Possibly meet some new characters or some minor upgrades to the weapons. But aside from that, don't make it into a massive triple "A" game. Don't be like CoD and throw in as much new s***, just to make a pretty penny on the game. Keep it's originality. And that is, to maintain the small numbers and light based effectiveness.

Honestly there is no need to add some big and new flashy s*** to the game. Should add on to where the story left off. Possibly meet some new characters or some minor upgrades to the weapons. But aside from that, don't make it into a massive triple "A" game. Don't be like CoD and throw in as much new s***, just to make a pretty penny on the game. Keep it's originality. And that is, to maintain the small numbers and light based effectiveness.

I agree... though they should consider adding some matchmaking. A matchmaking with ODSTs sounds promising. Also... watch the language, you could get in trouble for that...

• Like 1

I agree... though they should consider adding some matchmaking. A matchmaking with ODSTs sounds promising. Also... watch the language, you could get in trouble for that...

First off, I purposely censored my words for the weak minded. Next, they should add some sort of "matchmaking" system. But they shouldn't overly stress on it and make it all big and flashy. Generally good'ol firefight. Remember, ODST wasn't meant to be a huge FPS like the other Halos. It was meant to be a side game for the story and such.

• 2 weeks later...

I propose an alternate idea, remember how in the first ODST their original mission was to board a covenant ship? How about the plot to ODST 2 be set earlier in to the human covenant war, with a company of ODSTs attempting to board a covenant destroyer, upload an AI to take control of the ship, and fly it back to human space, so that they can study it and use it to listen in on covenant transmissions. You typically use silenced smgs and silenced pistols, but also have the AR, and a DMR(plus a silenced DMR found in a secret location.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the replies I read all of them :).

I have just finished reading the Comic book of these guys and it is spectacular! great art and a great story.

I know some people think that O.D.S.T.`s are weak and that only Spartans can "save the day" but as we all truly know from playing ODST game without them and their suicidal Recon missions cortana would not have the information she needed to help guide master chief to victory.

So to all those who massively underestimate the O.D.S.T.`s... jump into hell ! ha-ha :D... oh, watch the original advertisement to this game. Helljumpers lead the way . ;)

yea no kidding if anything it should be like the original in a sense but also new that just sounded lame

you have defined it better then anyone can

HALO SHOULD STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM CALL OF DUTY AS POSSIBLE!!

IF I WANTED TO PLAY COD I WOULD JUST GO PLAY COD NOT A FREAK OF NATURE HYBRID!

too many games in this generation are forgetting that and trying to be like something else instead of what they originally made the game out to be

Halo is one of these

• 4 weeks later...