Why Do You Game?

GryffinGuy007

I game for several reasons...including one of which i believe most people game for...

to escape the tough aspects of life, to go out and be some awesome hero and destroy entire enemy armies...

To live a second sorta life virtually....

Gaming is more then just some thing for fun..it helps relieve stress (and cause it sometimes lol) and brings us together in a common goal :3

I game because it is wonderful to see into the minds of development teams and see their dreams become a reality. The fictional universes are new areas to explore just like books. Always complex and full of wonders I couldnt possibly imagine (which is why somebody else imagined them).

They are books to me. Its just a different form of story telling thats all. I was raised on books. If I wanted to play a game I would go outside and play tag or play in the dirt. Those were my games. The rest was all books, so for me its just another story to read.

Which is also a reason why I never did online play until recently. And for the most part I dont enjoy it online. Too much bickering and trash talking for my tastes though it is better now that I have found people to game with (people from these forums in fact). As long as I got this good group around I will continue to play online, but once gone I doubt I will be online anymore.

I game for several reasons...including one of which i believe most people game for...

to escape the tough aspects of life, to go out and be some awesome hero and destroy entire enemy armies...

To live a second sorta life virtually....

Gaming is more then just some thing for fun..it helps relieve stress (and cause it sometimes lol) and brings us together in a common goal :3

I too, believe it or not, play games to escape from the tough social problems I experience in life. You can't be teased about being a gamer, on a video game. Everyone is in a zone, where we are all somewhat equal.

I also use it to express my feelings to others, as an anonymous person. They then can't tease you too much, or cause problems in your life. They can only give advice.

I also love to enhance and express my imagination through forging. I get to meet new people, and be respected in a community in such I way that may be unlikely in real life.

Because I...

Hm...

I'm so...

Uh...

I'm a loser and have a passion for video games. Can't explain it, but I love everything about video games.

Exactly how I feel. There's just no way to explain it, but I must always have contact with something to do with gaming, let it be YouTube, or this forum itself.

I game because I not only have nothing else better to do at the moment, but it allows me to express some of my creativity (thanks to map editors) and just go wild with no real consequences. I can create something simple or go all out and make a really complex. It's also another way to meet new people and be able to just have a good time playing games together. I would name more but I don't wanna drag this out. XD

For me, there are many reasons. I'll just put them down to bite size.

1. I don't get along with people often in real life.
  2. I've gamed since I was small, it's always been my favourite hobby.
  3. I don't have much to do aside from game.
  4. I am an aspiring games designer/dev. Wouldn't be very good if I stopped playing games, would I?
  5. IT'S FUN AS HELL
  6. I enjoy the sense of achievement you get when you complete a game, perform an amazing feat in a game, etc.

And still there is more to why. But that's just a short list.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...