DGL - Season 2 Rules and Information

DoctorB77

Announcement+Banner.png

DGL - Season 2 Rules and Information

Forum Threads:

The forum match results thread will be for submitting your match scores for each week. This will also be the place to go to see the DGL Leaderboard.

DGL Weekly Match List : Click Here

The weekly match list will be for viewing who is playing who along with knowing the deadlines for the matches. This thread will be updated weekly. It is suggested that you follow this thread so that you get all of the newest information on the DGL.

DGL Match Results/Leaderboard: Click Here

The forge submission thread will be open all of the time for people to submit their 1v1 maps to reviewed and possibly entered into the DGL. Any members who submit a map and it is accepted will receive the forge award which is shown at the bottom of this thread.

[DGL] - Forge Submission Thread : Click Here

The League:

This season is going to be set up a lot different then last season. Instead of everyone being entered on one bracket there will be 2 different divisions. The first division will be called the Crimson division and the second called the Majestic division. Each division will play against eachother over 13 weeks and 12 matches. As you play your scores will be added up and at the end of the season the top players from the Crimson and Majestic divisions will play eachother. The final 2 will play 3 matches. The first player to reach 2 victories will be crowned the champion. Both of these players will be awarded Doc's gold medal. The top 2 members of each division will be given a prize as well. Then the champion will get a grand prize. The prizes have not yet been decided.

As the season progresses and matches are played, you can save your games in theater and upload them to your fileshare. Then your game can be uploaded to the 343iCommunity Forum's official youtube channel.

Channel: www.youtube.com/343iCommunity

Rules:

This gaming league will hopefully be a lot of fun for all of you. Whether you be participating in the league watching gameplay and the stats as the league progresses. While you have fun you are expected to follow the rules as well though. Follow the site rules and play nice. There is no need for any problems while these games are going on. Do not take this as a discouragement from competitive play, games you win will give you bragging rights along with any points you earn. If you follow the rules below and obey the forums rules listed in the link below them then you should not run into any trouble. I trust that you will all be mature over the next few months.

- No betting or bribing with money or valuables. Feel free to have discussion on who will win matches though.

- No lying about scores to boost your point intake.

- Do not harass other members if they specifically ask you to stop.

- Do not threaten other participants or spectators.

- You MUST use the weekly pm to schedule matches.

- If you use an alternate pm and match goes unplayed, both participants will be disqualified.

Forum Rules:

http://www.343industries.org/rules

Overall be respectful to other members. Have fun a joke around but know when to stop. We do not want anybody's feelings to be hurt

Requirements:

There are a few requirements that come with participating in the DGL.

- You must be a member of the 343i Community Forum, if you are banned from the forum for any reason, the DGL staff will respect the moderator's decision and remove you from the league as well.

- You must use the correct map and gametype in all of your matches. If you use any other gametype or map then you will not earn points for that match

- You must participate at least 10 matches to receive the DGL participant award. If you miss 2 games then you will be disqualified from the season without the ability for reentry.

- All matches must be completed within 2 weeks of them being announced. If 2 weeks have passed then the game will not count and be marked as incomplete/disqualified.

- You are required to have fun. There is no way around this rule and it must be obeyed ;)

Awards:

DGL Participant Award - Participant_32Bit.png

Given to any members who complete 10 or more matches in the DGL season.

Doc's Gold Medal - DGL_Gold_32Bit.png

Given to the winner of each of the divisions in the DGL

DGL Forge Award - gallery_21109_1_1546.png

Given to any member who has a map that qualifies to DGL standards and is added to the DGL map list.

Be sure to PM DoctorB77 or Choot 'Em any questions you have about the DGL and we will try to answer them as quickly and thoroughly as possible.

• Like 5

DGL Slayer Gametype

The DGL Slayer gametype is a Slayer Pro based gametype tweaked for DGL Play.

Search Gamertag -

DoctorB77

Choot at OGGC

*Specifics*

• Max Score - 200 points
  • Time Limit - 10 minutes
  • Loadouts
    • Pro DMR - DMR, Magnum, 1x Frag, Mobility, Dexterity
    • Pro BR - BR, Magnum, 1x Frag, Mobility, Dexterity

[*]Respawn time - 4 seconds

[*]Deathcam - Disabled

[*]Initial ordnance - Enabled

[*]Random ordnance - Disabled

[*]Personal Ordnance - Enabled

[*]Personal Ordnance Options

• Left - 2x Frag (weight 1), 2x Plasma (weight 1)
    • Middle - Cov. Carbine (weight 2), Light Rifle (weight 1)
    • Right - Speed Boost (weight 2), Regen Field (weight 1)
    • Point Requirement - 60 points, 150 points (two chances for pers. ordnance)

[*]All player trait options

• Movement speed - 110%
    • Sensor - Nothing

DGL Scoring System

The special scoring system has been designed and created to maintain

the competitive environment of a 1v1 tournament while dicouraging camping, running, and hiding .

Every aspect of this system is focused on points. The more points you score, the higher your

ranking in the Leaderboard. Kills equals points.

Scoring specifics...

• Total Match Score = 10% of final score (1 kill = 1 point) + KDR + Bonus
  • Maximum total score for completed match = 50 (20 points for perfect game + 20 points for perfect KDR + 10 points show-up bonus)
  • Minimum total score for completed match = 10 (0 points score + 0 KDR + 10 points show-up bonus)
  • Disqualification from match = -20 (minus 20)
  • Total Score rounded to .00 (hundredths)

KDR = Kills / Deaths (kills divided by deaths)

***SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING KDR***

• Because of the #div/0 error in the database, when a player finishes a match with 0 deaths, KDR = Number of kills

Edited by Choot 'em
Added gametype and scoring.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like DGL but, it would be cool to see maybe a 2V2 version of it instead of 1 on 1. 1v1s are good to show individual skill but, I feel a 2v2 would be a little better and would show skill as well as team work. Just a thought.

We wanted to give the members the opportunity for a competitive but fun tournament. 343iCF's first tournament had 1v1 competitive and casual divisions as well as a 2v2 Doubles bracket. With the Doubles playlist coming to Halo 4, a DGL 2v2 Team tournament might be a consideration as a future DGL event. There is a ton of work involved in organising such an event for it to be successful. We will definitely keep a 2v2 team version in mind. :)

Thanks for the valued input Neurotic Kasper! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

We wanted to give the members the opportunity for a competitive but fun tournament. 343iCF's first tournament had 1v1 competitive and casual divisions as well as a 2v2 Doubles bracket. With the Doubles playlist coming to Halo 4, a DGL 2v2 Team tournament might be a consideration as a future DGL event. There is a ton of work involved in organising such an event for it to be successful. We will definitely keep a 2v2 team version in mind. :)

Thanks for the valued input Neurotic Kasper! :thumbsup:

Awesome, I would love to see this implemented. Team Doubles was my favorite playlist in both Reach and Halo 3 so doing it competitively would be nice.

• Like 1

Awesome, I would love to see this implemented. Team Doubles was my favorite playlist in both Reach and Halo 3 so doing it competitively would be nice.

As said before the DGL was made a 1v1 so that it would be a lot easier for games to be completed. Only two people would have to be online instead of four. I personally like 2v2 matches more than 1v1. It requires teamwork which I like. I think halo is a very team orientated game and is where it differs from COD. Call of Duty is more of a lone wolf skill type and halo requires some organization to perform certain objectives. This DGL season is planned to go on until around may. I possibly might try to run a 2 month 2v2 season during the summer. This would make it easier for us to all get together and complete our matches.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...